Author Topic: member of multiple guilds?  (Read 734 times)

neme5i5

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
member of multiple guilds?
« on: August 04, 2005, 05:02:14 pm »
Are there any rules against it?
aka: Coal Bourne
aka:

answer: Nemesis is my favorite astro-physics hypothosis, to read about it go here:
http://home.att.net/~numericana/answer/mystery.htm#nemesis

Talamir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 05:26:51 pm »
Depends if your guild lets alts in other guilds...

John_Thazer

• Hydlaa Notable
  • From the ivory tower, I gaze upon thee
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Warriors
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 06:48:41 pm »
Not not really since 1 character can only be in 1 guild at the time.

You can try, but you shall fail! Seek us not, we shall find you.

neme5i5

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
klatu verata a-choo
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 07:04:12 pm »
Which is it?

I was thinking about a rule that would state that you would not have a string of letters under your name. You would play your part, but it would leave a question in the minds of the rest of the players. Sort of like a RP secret society.

\"The order of teh closed mouth.\" kidding, kidding... ;)
aka: Coal Bourne
aka:

answer: Nemesis is my favorite astro-physics hypothosis, to read about it go here:
http://home.att.net/~numericana/answer/mystery.htm#nemesis

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2005, 02:26:46 am »
there are no ingame rules against it no. As for alts. A guild may not permit it but how they would ever keep taps on that is beyond me. As for guilds that aren\'t even guilds becuase you don\'t become a member of it.... don\'t know any rules against that but hardly see a purpose for it unless your going to make a spying guild or something. Selling information.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005, 02:50:08 am »
I think the guild system, as it exists now, is good.  I think that informal associations should be handled informally - just know who is \"in\" on the plot, not that it\'s really possible to have any plots.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

druke

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 08:01:45 am »
wont be able to, discusses a LONG time ago

edit:sorry posted at like 4am
« Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 10:40:52 pm by druke »

my how times have changed.....

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2005, 07:36:55 pm »
Not sure what you said there Druke. But if you said it wont be possible then how do you plan to stop it then? ;)

I mean if it\'s all secret you don\'t know who is in it now do you?

shorty13

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Skiing > All
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2005, 08:42:37 pm »
there is still a members list in each guild, so if you think you are in 2, one of your guilds will know you aren\'t.
There are two types of people in this world: The Pinky and the Brain.
Which one are you?

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 05:12:11 pm »
Were not talking about a real guild but about a guild formed outside of PS. So officially you\'ll wear one guild name but also be member of an other one.

Seytra

• Forum Addict
  • No system can compensate lack of common sense.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2005, 06:15:15 pm »
Well, this is a touchy subject AFAICS. On one hand, if you are a good RPer, then there would, in theory, be no problem with having multiple alts in multiple guilds.
However, in reality, this still is a problem even for the best RPer: you can only act with one char at a time.

Anyway, the worse problem is spying. The way to spy using alts is cheating IMNSHO, unless you notify both guilds in advance. Why? Because it is abuse of the limitations of the game (freedom to have alts, in this case) for purposes not intended. The proper way to do it would be to RP it all. In this case, you would be in yout original guild and RP your way into the target guild. Obviously this takes a trmendous amunt of RP quality on the target side, so this will most likely not be feasible. Still, the other way is not acceptable IMO. It is possible to find out, BTW. Takes some time, but is possible.

Edit: If this indeed is about one char being in >1 guild, then this is not possible by game mechanics, but could be acceptable from an RP POV. Non official \"guilds\" would be the only way around it and they are very much like secret guilds, anyway, so the difference would be minimal. Same restrictions as above apply to behaviour, though.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 06:17:56 pm by Seytra »