Author Topic: Cyl's note  (Read 575 times)

druke

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Cyl's note
« on: August 14, 2005, 05:25:49 pm »
*approaches Cyl\'s door, finding a strange note on it*

((Well, Sangwa and I will be gone for some time and this is pretty much our IC excuse for it, ..., but it\'s going to be completed ...))

Cyl heard a familiar knocking noise, his eyes slowly opened, his head slightly aching, he slowly rose from the hammock he laid in and moved towards the door.

\"Who are you, and what do you search for?\"

He faintly said, eagerly awaiting the answer.

\"I am a friend, and I search for, ..., mastery.\"

This was the keyword. Cyl opened the door, and looked into the familiar face of his friend Sangwa. He gestured to a small table inside the hut, then moved towards it and settled down on a round cushion.

\"What brings me the honour of your visit, oh master of shadows?\"

Cyl had a faint smile on his face, he loved teasing Sangwa. He turned round and grabbed hold of some clay pottery and started to pour hot water in the two mugs.

\"Let me guess, the usual?\"

\"The usual, ...\"

He got hold of a nearby sack and took a few herbs out of it.

\"So do you need something, or were you just nearby and wanted to say hello to an old friend?\"

\"Why would I come to your pit without a very good reason?\"

Sangwa laughed and took a sip of the already prepared drink and then continued.

\"I need your help with a... clue.

Cyl raised an eybrow,

\"A clue, and I guess the details are ...\"

\"... none that you should go through the trouble of knowing. It would be my pleasure to tell you more but ...\"

\"..., you cannot? Well you know that this is going to cost you more than just a friendly smile?\"

\"Of course I know. I\'m familiar with the trade. So, how much will it cost me?\"\"

\"Two circles\"

\"They\'re yours.\"

Sangwa took a sip from his tea, and looked up.

\"So, when will we depart?\"

Cyl stuffed several things into a rucksack and sat down again.

\"As soon as we finished our tea. But first tell me what my part in this will be, ...\"

\"We are going to plunder an old tomb.\"

\"A tomb, aren\'t corpses usually thrown into the lake below? And what\'s so interessting in an old tomb anyways?\"

\"Well usually it goes that way, ..., and if I told you what was inside the tomb, it wouldn\'t be secret anymore.\"

\"Right, well if that\'s the case I will have to have a little talk with a few \'friends of mine\' before, if you want you can come with me, you might aswell learn something.\"

Cyl smiled broadly.

\"Well, okay, but just to keep you out of trouble\"

\"If you say so, ...\"

----

\"Well, now the only thing left to do would be visiting Fuzzy, ...\"

Cyl made his way between the huts of Akkaio, and was slightly amused as Sangwa tried to keep up with him. A few minutes passed until Cyl suddenly stopped. They have reached a corner of two shady side streets. Cyl went straight towards the wall of a building and started to knock at it, at several places.

\"Now where is this guy again, ..., damn I shouldn\'t have been drunk when he told me how to get in, ...\"

Once again he knocked against the wall, finally hearing a ticking noise. A small part of the wall just swung open, nearly knocking both Sangwa and Cyl down. He walked into the newly opened door followed by Sangwa. It was a small room, with all kinds of gears and mechanism, from small orbs which rolled wildly over the floor over boxes which from time to time opened themselves towards miniature ornithopters.

\"Fuzzy! FUZZY! Come out, it\'s Cyl\"

The head of an dwarf poked out from behind a cupboard. He head a long red beard but was nearly bald, having some strange gears before his eyes.

\"Ohh, it\'s you, ...\"

The dwarf stepped from behind out the cupboard.

\"What do you need?\"

\"Hmm, two hookshots, two of your \'distractors\', seven smoke grenades and last but not least a bit dynamite.\"

Sangwa rose an eyebrow.

\"makes, hmm 5 circles, ...\"

Cyl looked towards Sangwa, who instinctivly took out the 5 circles and handed them to the dwarf.

\"Always nice to do buisness with you, ...\"

Cyl and Sangwa left the Room, but as they reached the street it was gone again.

\"Kinda strange dwarf, ...\"

\"Yeah, but he is more relyable than anyone else. See those...\"

Cyl held up two strange devices which looked like cylinders with an rope tied to them and the other end tied to an Hook.

\"... the hookshot, my personal favourite, Fuzzy told me once that it works with air pressure, hmm ... I can\'t imagine that simple air could shoot a hook with an rope tied to it about twenty five metres...\"

Cyl then stuffed them back into his backpack.

\"So, ..., where are we going to?\"

\"Down four levels, ...\"

\"That\'s going to be a long journey, ...\"

Sangwa started to smile broadly.

\"It will be shorter than you expect friend, ..., much shorter\"

my how times have changed.....

Keyaz

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 06:33:08 pm »
mm interesting, hookshots... Zelda comes to mind, and smoke grenades? o.O well fantasy is fantasy in the mind of the beholder :)

one more thing, put the corpses in the pits around yliakum not in the lake ;) i beleive thats one of the few crimes punished with death.

nice start to it though :D

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 07:11:13 am »
woahh finally back, I\'m gonna get started on writing more, ...
MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 08:02:40 am »
Welcome back Cyl.  :D Be prepared for some jokes at your expense, my friend. ;)

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 01:30:02 pm »
Originally posted by Under the moon
Welcome back Cyl.  :D Be prepared for some jokes at your expense, my friend. ;)

*raises an eyebrow and tosses a cyl*

that kind of jokes?

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 02:11:27 pm »
You betcha. :D

How did your writing go?

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005, 04:17:58 pm »
Not well, was to busy, or to drunk, or to concentrated on listening to Rammstein CDs all over again, or all at once ...