Author Topic: The Planetrix  (Read 5816 times)

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2005, 08:42:15 am »
soooo cool.

my mum and aunt thing im a crazy though... grinning at the moniter
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

Keyaz

(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2005, 08:54:59 am »
thou hath rocketh\'d thy sockeths

CadRipper

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • merry troublemaker
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2005, 10:20:52 am »
Cleverly thought out, and very fun to read too :D

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2005, 11:39:06 am »
Aye, quite good. *bobs his head* Please, continue. ;)
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator
In-Game Roleplay Forum Moderator
Please search and skim existing threads before posting!

Keyaz

(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2005, 09:33:26 am »
zOMG! Draklar says he\'ll post the next chapter when we make the comments go to the next page!

:D

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2005, 09:36:14 am »
i win!
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2005, 09:45:36 am »
:O
I was just joking...
Still didn\'t finish the 4th chapter... It might be actually pretty short and there\'s not that much funny stuff. Rather explanation of what the Planetrix is... Anyway, only one scene left.
AKA Skald

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2005, 09:55:55 am »
no fair :/

i was looking foward to reading it

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2005, 10:10:17 am »
Chapter IV

\"We have done it, Karyuu. We have found him.\"
 \"I hope you\'re right.\"
 \"I have to hope not. I know it.\"
  \"Am I in the Death Realm?\" Unitearica woke up.
    \"Pretty much, aye.\" Answered Draklar.

\"He still needs a lot of progression points.\" Said Tranor.
    \"What are you doing?\" Asked Unitearica once he woke up again.
 \"Thy skills have suffer\'d the great wipe, We be rebuilding them.\" Answered Draklar.
    \"Why do my eyes hurt?\"
    \"Oh... \'Twas an unlucky accident. We drop\'d thee on thy face, nothing serious.\"
 \"Wait, weren\'t you an Enkidukai?\"
  \"I use many characters in the Planetrix... Mak\'th it hard to find me this way. Rest, Uni\'o. The answers be coming.\"

Unitearica was sitting on one of the Death Realm\'s bridges and trying to get used to the strange view. Suddenly he noticed Draklar approaching him. \"Draklar, what\'s happened to me? What is this place?\"
   \"More important than what be\'th when.\" The Dermorian answered.
 \"When?\"
   \"Thou believ\'th \'tis the year 1799 MB, when in fact \'tis closer to 130 CB. I cannot tell thee exactly what year it be\'th, because the devs hath not made an in-game calendar. There be\'th nothing I can say that shall explain it for thee, Uni\'o. Follow me. See for thyself.\" Said that, Draklar started walking away. Unitearica soon went after him. \"This be\'th the Death Realm, our operating center. From \'ere we generate the alter\'d clients and hack into the Planetrix. Most of my group thou already know\'st. This be Kixie, Ary, and Jazeera.\"
   \"Hey.\" The last one said.
 \"The ones thou dost know not, Kwartz and his little leg, Tranor,\" Unitearica glanced at the small dwarf holding a legless kran.
   \"j0\" Said the Kran.
   \"The weird one behind thee be\'th Demarthl. Thou want\'d to know what the Matrix be\'th, Uni\'o?\" Unitearica nodded. \"Karyuu...\" Draklar nodded to the Enkidukai. \"Try to relax. This shall feel a little weird.\"

Suddenly Unitearica noticed a loading screen and soon all around him there was just white space.
    \"This be\'th the construct.\" Said Draklar. \"\'Tis our loading program. We can load anything from textures, to mugs, weapons, duel arenas, anything we need.\"
    \"Duel arenas?\" Unitearica was in a slight shock. \"They implemented fighting?\"
   \"Be it really so hard to believe? Thine sorry arse got kick\'d by a Trepor. We drop\'d thee on thy face and thou receiv\'d damage. We have the Death Realm.\"
    \"This... this isn\'t Planeshift?\"
   \"What be\'th Planeshift? How dost thou define Planeshift? If thou art talking about walking around, chatting with people, greeting them and admiring the graphics, then Planeshift be\'th simply a 3D chatting program.\" Draklar stopped for a while. \"This be\'th the Planeshift thou know\'st.\" Suddenly the space turned into Hydlaa. Unitearica could see crystal hunters running around in search for crystals, people throwing tavern parties and gathering in the temple. \"The Planeshift as \'twas at the end of the Molecular Blue version. It exists now only as a part of a semi-interactive game that we call the Planetrix. Thou hast been living in a fake game, Uni\'o. This be\'th the Planeshift as it exists today...\" Suddenly the Hydlaa changed. Unitearica could see lots of monsters spawning on the streets, many community trolls running around, or just camping the spawn points, always holding weapons with strange names. Every few seconds someone was dying in a short duel. \"Welcome to the Desert of Hack&Slash... We have only bits of information, but what we know for certain be\'th that at some point in the late Crystal Blue version, all the players were unit\'d in celebration. We had lots o\' role-playing features, the world hath been growing as fast as ne\'er before, we could e\'en duck. Planeshift was about to join the golden age... The age o\' STEEL Blue.\"
    \"Steel Blue? That was the next phase?\"
    \"The ultimate role-playing environment. We know not exactly what led to it, but just then the devs announc\'d that from now on all the players had to pay monthly fee. They always say\'d that Planeshift would remain free, but in reality... The ammount of art already implement\'d was so huge, that no one want\'d to do all of it again, from scratch. So players were rebelling. Many hacking attempts at the database were made, sadly, with lousy results. \'Tis believ\'d that at some point one o\' the devs join\'d the rebellion and remov\'d vast number o\' features. As a result, Crystal Blue return\'d to its early phase. From our researches, we assume that the say\'d dev was Xordan. Either way, after the damage on Planeshift was made, we though that the devs would have no reason to carry on with the fee idea. But instead, the dev team decid\'d to get rid o\' the rebelious players, including Xordan himself. They alter\'d the old Molecular Blue version and sent there all the players that could cause trouble. Keeping them away from the truth. Players sent there believe that what they play is free, but in reality... They pay as if they were playing Crystal Blue. What is the Planetrix? Control. The Planetrix is a computer generat\'d game world built to keep us under control in order to change a player being... Into this.\" Draklar showed him a small coin.
   \"No. I don\'t believe it.\" Unitearica shook his head. \"It\'s not possible. They wouldn\'t do that!\"
   \"I say\'d not \'twould be easy, Uni\'o. I just say\'d \'twould be the truth.\"
   \"Stop. Let me out. Let me out. I want out!\"

\"Easy, Uni\'o. Easy.\" Said Karyuu as Unitearica returned to the Death Realm.
    \"Get this screen away from me! Take this screen...\"
   \"List to me...\" Draklar tried to get him to calm down.
    \"Don\'t touch me. Stay away from me. I don\'t want it. I don\'t believe it. I don\'t believe it.\"
 \"He\'s gonna fly.\" Said Jazeera.
    \'You failed horribly to fly and injured yourself badly\' received Unitearica upon using the fly function. But he tried again... This time he died.

\"I can\'t go back, can I?\" Unitearica asked Draklar once he respawned.
  \"Nay. But if thou could, would thou really want to?\" Unitearica only looked down. \"I feel I owe thee an apology.\"
   \"Right, you shouldn\'t force me to swallow that diamond.\"
   \"But I shan\'t.\" Draklar continued. \"In fact I also feel that what I did was the right thing to do and if something shall go wrong, most likely \'twill be thy fault and not mine.\"
 \"What?\" Unitearica blinked.
   \"We have a rule. Intelligence shall be measur\'d by the fact of agreeing with Draklar. So if thou disagree with something... Keep it for thyself. In this case I also thought \'twas the right moment to make a move. I did what I did because... I want\'d to. When the Planetrix was first built, there was a woman caught inside who had the ability to change whate\'er she want\'d, to remake the Planetrix as she saw fit. Her name was Havena. It was she who free\'d the first o\' us, taught us the truth. As long as the Planetrix exists, the players will ne\'er be fee-free. After she glitched to the top o\' the skydome and head\'d for the surface, the Oracle prophesy\'d that there shall be her successor and that his coming would hail the destruction o\' the Planetrix and the fee, bring freedom to our people. That is wherefore there be those o\' us who have spent our entire Planeshift careers searching the Planetrix looking for him. I did what I did because I believe that I should be the one to finish the search... And e\'en if thou art not the one... I shall force thee to be him. Now get some rest, thou shalt need it.\"
 \"For what?\"
   \"Thy training.\"
« Last Edit: September 01, 2005, 10:19:04 am by Draklar »
AKA Skald

Keyaz

(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2005, 10:28:10 am »
hey i popped u pagain! wicked xD

hang on ... weird one? ... you\'ve been stalking me >.>

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2005, 10:35:33 am »
Great!

although it takes about of reading to get your head around the draklar talk

Efflixi Aduro

• Veteran
  • O_o
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2005, 02:05:42 pm »
I just realized I\'m never included in anyones storys. :(
Pretty good though. I havn\'t read all of it yet but I\'m reading.

I guess I\'ll just have to make my OWN story and itll be good and funny and cool and good and im gonna be in it! *sniff sniff*
Lol Internet

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2005, 03:13:55 pm »
I promise you that in one of my stories, you\'ll have your appearance... with that banana...
AKA Skald

CadRipper

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • merry troublemaker
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2005, 09:18:57 am »
This be\'th the Planeshift as it exists today...

*cries with laughters*

What an amazing way to put things, way to go!

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2005, 08:30:18 am »
Chapter V

\"Hey, did you hunt?\" Kixie asked Unitearica, who then shook his head. \"You will today, I guarantee it. Anyway, I\'m Kixie. Want to join my circle of love?\"
   \"Huh? Circle of love? What do you mean?\" Unitearica glanced at the Enkidukai.
 \"Yes, a circle of mutual adorement. Draklar\'s already in it.\"
  \"I don\'t think I wa--\"
 \"It\'s completely free to join and there are so many advantages to it...\" Kixie interrupted him.
    \"Like what?\" Unitearica cocked an eyebrow.
    \"Like... cookies. We bake cookies for the new members.\"
   \"Cookies?\"
    \"Yes, you like cookies, don\'t you?\" Kixie titled her head.
 \"Well, I...\"
  \"What!\" The Enkidukai\'s eyes widened. \"Don\'t tell me you don\'t like cookies! That\'s madness! I\'m afraid we can\'t accept you if you don\'t like cookies.\"
    \"That\'s all r--\"
   \"Unless you like pie.\" Kixie interrupted him once again.
  \"Erm... No, I don\'t.\" Unitearica quickly shook his head. \"So, how did you get here?\"
 \"Well, I was one of the first players that Vengeance sent to the Planetrix. I think the bum doesn\'t like me. And it\'s not like he has any reason for it... I should have sent him that dog turd for his birthday...\" Kixie winced. \"Anyway, because I got sent there so quickly, Draklar thought that I\'m a real danger for the dev team. That I\'m the one.\"
    \"And were you? The danger, I mean.\" Unitearica interrupted the Enkidukai.
 \"Nope, just annoyance.\"
   \"Doesn\'t it get dull to sit in the Death Realm all the time?\" Unitearica took a look around.
   \"Maybe, but we Enkidukais respawn in Ojaveda whenever we leave the Death Realm.\"
  \"Ojaveda?\"
    \"If the monthly fee was over tomorrow, Ojaveda\'s Broken Doors\' Tavern is where the party would be.\"
 \"It\'s a city?\"
 \"The Enkidukai city. The only place where role-players can be still found.\"
   \"Where is it?\"
    \"You will need to find the Hydlaa gate and explore far, far from the city of Hydlaa to find Ojaveda.\" Kixie shook her head. \"You should read the FAQ.\"
  \"\'Tis time for thy training, Uni\'o.\" Draklar approached them.

\"Now, we should start with showing thee the FAQ, Crystal Blue manual and things like that, but \'tis all boring.\" Draklar spoke to Unitearica as they got to quieter part of the Death Realm. \"Instead, let us do something more fun. Karyuu, hand me the book.\" He took some red book from the Enkidukai. \"Please, read this.\"
 Unitearica took the book and glanced at it. \"Cooking? I\'m going to learn cooking?\"
 \"Uhh, wait, what?\" Draklar took back the book. \"Karyuu, \'tis be\'th a cooking manual. Give me -the- book.\"
 \"I\'m afraid we lost it.\" Answered Karyuu.
  \"We... lost it?\"
  \"Yeah,\" Karyuu shrugged. \"You remember that time when I was bored and you were reading that book...\"
    \"And thou grasp\'d the book...\"
 \"Yeah... So then you were chasing me... It was fun and all--\"
 \"No, \'twas not...\" Draklar winced.
     \"But then I tripped and it fell all the way down into the void. So when you found me I told you that Demarthl took it...\"
 \"And then I hang\'d him by the feet above the void, because he did not want to tell me where he hid it.\"
    \"Yeah. Wait, what?!\" Karyuu\'s eyes widened.
    \"Great, so how are we going to train Uni\'o now?\"
   \"Don\'t worry, I have the whole book memorized already.\" Karyuu grinned.
    \"Fine, then start with it already...\" Draklar walked away to other part of Death Realm.
   \"So what is this training about?\" Asked Unitearica once Draklar walked away.
  \"It\'s a viking battle training.\" Answered Karyuu. \"It is supposed to brain wash you, so that you\'ll be swinging an axe like never before.\"
    \"I don\'t think I wa--\"
 \"To the south, is a realm called Muspell.\" Karyuu began \"That region flickers with dancing flames. It seethes and it shines. No one may endure it, except those born into it. Black Surt is there. He sits in the furthest reaches of that land, brandishing a flaming sword. He is already waiting for the end, when he shall rise and savage the gods, and whelm the whole world with fire...\"

\"...And all that has happened, and all the regions of the world, lie under the branches of the ash Yggdrasill, the greatest and best of trees. It soars over all that is. Its three roots delve into Asgard and Jotunheim and Niflheim, and there is a spring under each. A hawk and eagle sit in it, a squirrel scurries up and down it, deer leap within it and nibble at it, a dragon devours it, and it is sprinkled with dew. It gives life to itself, it gives life to the unborn. The winds whirl round it and Yggdrasill croons or groans. Yggdrasill always was and is and will be.\"
 \"How be\'th he?\" Draklar returned after a longer while.
 \"Ten hours straight.\" Answered Karyuu. \"He\'s a machine.\"
 Draklar glanced at Unitearica. \"When was the last time he blink\'d?\"
    \"I don\'t know, I didn\'t look. Why?\"
 \"I think not he be\'th breathing, Karyuu...\"
    \"Oops...\" The Enkidukai winced.
   \"We need the special resuscitation equipment!\" Karyuu handed the Dermorian a steel pole. \"Wake up, Uni\'o!\" Said that, Draklar slammed Unitearica\'s head with the pole.
    \"Geez!\" Unitearica clutched his head.
 \"How dost thou feel, Uni\'o?\" Draklar asked him.
    \"I know the way of the vikings...\"
    \"Show me.\"

The map loaded and soon Unitearica found himself standing on a large arena.
 \"This be\'th the duel arena.\" Said Draklar. \"Here thou shalt learn the rules behind combat. Rules that later thou shalt transfer to the Planetrix. Rules that theoritically should not exist in there. Understand?\" Unitearica nodded. \"Then hit me if thou can.\" Once Draklar said that, in his hands appeared a sword and an axe.
 Unitearica equipped himself with a sword and a shield, charging at the Dermorian afterwards. He swinged the sword at his head, but Draklar parried it with his blade, sending a blow with his axe just after. A loud bang filled the hall as the axe encountered the Ylian\'s shield. Unitearica sent a round of attacks, but Draklar was dodging all of them without bigger problem. The Dermorian swinged both weapons at his opponent\'s shield, throwing him to the ground.
 \"Good...\" Said Draklar. \"Speed, strength... But thy weakness be\'th not thy stats.\"
   Unitearica quickly stood up and attacked once again.

Demarthl rushed to the rest of the group. \"Draklar is fighting--\" He tripped over some rock and hit the ground with his face. \"Eugh...\"
 \"Uni\'o...\" Finished Karyuu. In same moment everyone rushed to the arena map.

Unitearica kept receiving series of blows, until his hit points were at a wane. They stopped.
   \"How did I beat thee?\" Asked Draklar.
 \"You\'re too strong.\"
   \"Dost thou believe that a Dermorian be\'th strong enough to beat an Ylian?\" He waited for Unitearica\'s hit points to restore. \"Again.\"
 Another series of attacks were launched from the two fighters, but this time Unitearica was dodging much more blows.
    \"What art thou waiting for?\" Said Draklar after parrying another attack. \"Thou art fiercer than this. Think not thou art, know thou art.\"
   Unitearica started fighting with more agression, yet still, Draklar was keeping the lead.
   \"Come on. I have been stalking thee. Hit me.\"
 Unitearica charged at the dermorian and with swing of his sword disabled Draklar\'s guard. He then pushed him away and smashed his face with the shield.
  \"I don\'t believe it...\" Whispered Demarthl, still trying to recover from his wound.
    \"I know what you\'re trying to do.\" Said Unitearica. \"You\'re trying to recruit me for that viking army of yours.\"
  \"Aye. Art thou going to join now?\"
    \"No.\"
 \"Fine...\" Draklar shrugged. \"Kwartz, load the podium map.\"
  \"Loadin\' t\'up, boss.\"
   Draklar blinked. \"Kwartz, the podium map still be\'th not loading.\"
 \"Uhh... which un was\'t again?\"
 \"Which one what?\" Draklar winced.
 \"Button! The button!\"
 \"Kwartz, for gods\' sake! There be\'th only one button on the console!\"
   \"Whatcha talkin\' bout willis?\"
 \"Console... The big black box in front of thee!\"
  \"Ooooh, that. Pushin\' the button!\"
 In same moment a podium map started loading. Soon, Unitearica found himself standing together with Draklar on a podium surrounded by abyss.
 \"On this map thou shalt learn to glitch. Follow me.\" Said that, the Dermorian jumped over the abyss, onto the platform. He then glitched into the ceiling and soon disappeared in it.
 \"So what if he makes it?\" Asked Demarthl.
 \"No one\'s ever made the first glitch, you peanut.\" Answered Kixie
  \"Go eat Efflixi\'s banana. What if he does?\"
    \"He won\'t.\"
    Unitearica jumped onto the platform and glanced at the ceiling. He then jumped into the ceiling, but got stuck there. A lag started filling the map and Unitearica couldn\'t move anymore.
    \"Wha...what does that mean?\" Asked Demarthl.
  \"It doesn\'t mean anything.\" Answered Arianna.
  Suddenly Unitearica found himself back in the Death Realm. He still could experience a bit of lag.
  \"I though it wasn\'t this version...\" He said through the lag.
  \"Thine account make\'th it this version.\" Answered the Dermorian.
   \"If you\'re banned in the Planetrix, you get banned here?\"
  \"Thine account cannot enter if thine email gets banned.\"
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005, 08:38:29 am by Draklar »
AKA Skald