Author Topic: my wish list  (Read 1258 times)

BaretteDeBeurre

• Traveller
    • View Profile
my wish list
« on: November 27, 2002, 11:46:25 am »
it\'ll be a little meli-melo as i type them when i think of them:

-Economy balanced by the acts of players(with an offer-demande up/downrise)
-Hard to find places
-Be able to go in places with full people(towns and around) and then go where you\'ll hardly find people
-players be able to teach/learn skills each other
-Emotes to animate your discussions(laugh, anger, cry, welcome, kneel, ....)
-Be able to buy/build houses and forts
-Be able to make weapons, armors, potions, all the stuff sellable in game, and better then what NPCs sell
-NPCs would buy things very cheap and sell them very onerous to force market between players
-An option you can activate to sell things by other players simply clik on you and see/buy what you propose at he price you\'ve fixed(to not have to yell around to sell something)
-improved intercommunication tools
-Rules for outnumbered(i mean maluses when you fight more than 1 mob at a time)
-Events that gather players(orc invasion, demon unleashed,....)
-of course, faster healing when you sit, but even faster when you sit on a chair, drink a beer(at the tavern, ie, talking with others), lie in a bed(to have a better reason to have a house than to stock items)
-Many quests given by NPCs
-PK authorized, and a PJ police to restrain PKers, and assassin guild to spice the world
-Truly unique objects
-Be able to use all the things you find, by simply using them or mix or craft them to make other items
-Be able to swim(and encounters aquatic foes ans hard-to-find places)
-Be able to fish, hunt and gather herbs, fruits
-Boat travels, secret islands
-visible clothes, armors, weapons, jewelry,...
-unlimited skills but hard to progress(and very hard since a certain \'level\')
-be able to party even with very lower/higher levels players without bonusses/malusses
-an auto drawing map system that will allow you to sell/buy them(interiors as exteriors)
-be able to have a domestic pet you\'ll have to feed, take care,... but could give you some advantages later
-horse riding
-be able to marry someone
-social \'leveling\'

Big list, i know, but that\'s all what i\'d like to find in a MMORPG

Funhouse

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2002, 12:55:17 pm »
Its a good list, with many, probably all of those things showing up in some MMORPG or another, but a lot if it seems a little far out of the scope of something that is being made for free in peoples spare time.  Granted some of it (I believe) is already in the works. Correct me if I am wrong somebody.

Maybe they will be ale to get around to the other things in a few years  ;)

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2002, 12:59:46 pm »
Actually, I think everything you mentioned except for the PvP/assassin item is planned to have eventually.

Nice list though.

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2002, 02:48:09 am »
Seriously? Man, you guys must be busy. I think that list covers about all the major benefits to a good RPG. Oh yeah, lots of PC and NPC side quests. You can nevere be too busy.

Diehard08

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2002, 07:36:53 pm »
anyone played entropia yet? the game is alrite,  one of the things i liked out there was the stock marked where u could invest in certain things and make/lose money

btw i like this idea-
An option you can activate to sell things by other players simply clik on you and see/buy what you propose at he price you\'ve fixed(to not have to yell around to sell something)

explorer

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2002, 09:28:52 pm »
i think it\'d be cool to have forts, or even castles for guilds/clans.. and have other guilds be able to lay seige on them  :D
Terragen manipulator, photoshop wannabe.

Planeshift name: Demoritus, but you can call me \"god\"
Avast.

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2002, 01:59:37 am »
That would be the best. You look out over the edge of your fort one day, to see an army marching onward to lay siege to your fort. Sweet. I hope they implement a stock market system into the game. It would be good for non-combatant characters like tailors and blacksmiths. Could this implement a mercentile skill into the game?

Snodgrass

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2002, 08:58:28 am »
I know that people like the cool stuff but I like the filler.

Donkey. Not glamorous but tuff, and can hall stuff.
Cart. Can hall stuff on a road.
Weight. In some games you can carry a second set of plate mail in a sack. That is seriously wrong!
Sprite Skeleton. The is unless you wont to make a mesh for every conceivable different combination of movement.
Caveins. This is underground.
The seriously evil stuff down deeper. The beings that are universally feared.
Very long caves. The only way to travel.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2002, 08:59:01 am by Snodgrass »

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2002, 03:24:49 am »
You mean like those vietnamese tunnels? That would be awesome! You could make it like Khazad-dum where, they were faster, but laden with orcs, trolls, Spiders, Snakes, politicians, and vampires! The dev team could implement history into the carving of each passage, and what kind of creatures stay there.

[shem]

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2002, 12:01:18 pm »
i think these are a must :

- fishing
- cooking
- making potions form herbs (herblaw)
- houses

Link

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2002, 03:14:16 pm »
Well, I think they are already planned.
The Great Linksunius

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2002, 09:54:23 pm »
Awesome, I\'m hoping to see what kind of diabolic monsters that the art department is concocting (I really should write comics with this stuff).

[shem]

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2002, 08:00:54 pm »
good wish list, hope to see it all in the game

Shadow Diety

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2002, 01:08:01 am »
great list. the only thing that i havent heard in this wish list would be farming. It may be interesting to be possibly the first 3D first/third person mmorpg in a game thats supposedly free. that would be interesting, yet then again, maybe not. I say that because it would be incredibly boring unless the game moved from season to season within about 10 minutes. that would actually be pretty funny. But I think it was only used in 2d games like Dransik for a purpose...dont you think? lol. but anyways, this sounds like it will be a great game, and I am definately looking foreward to it. I know that it takes time to make a game great, but it looks like your well on your way to creating a popular game.

P.S. please keep the game free as intended. also, on top of that, it must cost a lot of money to not just create a game like this, but also the amount of money going towards the bandwidth. Bandwidth doesnt pay for itself. the better the internet connection, the higher the maximum data rate will be. so i dont know what speeds your going at...T1 or T3 perhaps? well anyways good luck with the game, and Im looking foreward to the final product.

Link

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2002, 03:23:10 am »
Dransik is free and has farming.. And they will need much more then a T1 or 3 i\'m sure to host the final game.
The Great Linksunius