Author Topic: Blurred picture in mine area  (Read 296 times)

danveld

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Blurred picture in mine area
« on: November 17, 2005, 03:24:55 pm »
Hello,
    last time I played Planeshift there was version 0.9. I left because bugs. It seems much better now (probably thanks to you guyes), but still I have this problem:

when I jump to well in temple to get to the mines, after loading that area Ive got blurred picture (screen) with many mouse cursors etc. So I cant see anything, end up dying. (when you cant see where you are going...). I didnt see that effect elsewhere. (in 0.9 I got this problem in more places)

Also I know (from 0.9) that there was possibility to preload game areas (all areas loaded when game start so quick loading after that). Any advice how to do it - what write to PSClientCMDlist.txt.

Also I must said that pssetup(.app) didnt work for me. But thats probably normal.

BTW: PSClientCMDlist.txt with possibility of fullbrite is simply great! What I remember from past, we had to do it in game every time it happend, it took so much time I rather left...

Thanks for any suggestions,

Danveld

PS: I tried to read other topics before posting, dont blame me if I missed it. ;)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 03:44:26 pm by danveld »

r.guppy

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 05:23:14 pm »
It sounds like you are landing in middle of first jump dont move fowered or back just type /unstick 9 out of 10 will put you back in temple. you must run jump into well to miss middle bit..

A tempery fix if you kept dmg.11 is drag over old pssetup and pssetup.cfg, to your Planeshift folder and replace the new ones, then set permissions.

4. The next step (once the update is finished) is to set the permission bits so that you can run the client. You\'ll need to set the permission bits through Terminal. Open Terminal, located at /Applications/Utilities/Terminal(.app). In the Terminal window, type \"cd \" (note the space \" \" after \"cd\". Then, locate your Planeshift 3D folder in the Finder and drag it into the open Terminal window. Press return.
Then type:
chmod 755 updater.app/Contents/MacOS/updater

Every time you update they will be moved to bin so you will have to retrieve till fix is posted.  

This will enable you to do load all maps and re-light areas and a lot more things.
  nolightmapping was changed to -fullbright.
 hope this helps.       :))