Author Topic: An attempted murder in Hydlaa!  (Read 810 times)

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
An attempted murder in Hydlaa!
« on: December 20, 2005, 03:36:10 am »
Hear ye!  Hear ye!  A dangerous time!  A dangerous time when one cannot feel safe within the guarded walls of Hydlaa!

A villain has made an attempt on the life of a young woman of Hydlaa!  We cannot release her identity as it may put her at further risk!  Through her account, we know this:  She was assaulted from behind.  Her attacker was scared off and fled before causing any serious harm, but he was never seen except as a swift-moving shadow.  He did drop his weapon however - a scorched dagger with the handprint of a kran fresh upon it.

Not but some fifteen minutes before the attack, just such a weapon was observed being sold in the plaza.  Upon further investigation, the buyer was identified as ?Domonicor?, a kran new to the city.

His story is that the dagger was bought on behalf of another customer for some high fee.  He claims that the sum of four thousand trias was paid to him in exchange for bringing a simple dagger to an elf named \"Shalmaneser\" in a location away from the eyes of any witness.  Thus, he could not provide anyone to confirm his story.

However, no prints of any elf were found on the weapon.  Instead, there was only the fresh hand print of a kran!  Domonico has tried to explain this away by adding to his already all-too-convenient story, saying that ?the one with pointed ears? only held the dagger through a piece of cloth!

Domonico admits to owning the very weapon used in the assassination attempt!  He changes his already unbelievable story to escape guilt!  Most damning of all, he fled when questioned!

His guilt is obvious!

Beware this kran ?Domonico? in the name of safety!  Pursue this kran ?Domonico? in the name of truth and justice!  If you discover anything more of this incident, report your findings to Dylia, Zanzibar, or the local authorities!  Peace be with you!
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Shalmaneser

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 05:18:15 am »
Yes, yes, bring this kran liar to justice!  Ne\'r before have I spoken to one by his name!

Waylander

• Veteran
  • Constantly correct since 1988
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 07:27:12 am »
Hmm, I think we should do more investigations before deciding that the kran is guilty.

1) Kran are known not to be the brightest of people, that may explain him running away

2)I would not be surprised if Shalmaneser used a cloth, elves, though arrogant, are also very smart by nature.

Both seem equaly guilty in my eyes
<Jeraphon>oh khado
<Jeraphon>you so khrazy

Xil|sleeps: I love cadoras

Waylander, A.K.A: Cadoras, Khado, Nurahk, Armeen, Nostra ... God.

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 07:52:27 am »
[Tyrnal Relhorn]

Perhaps if there was some kind of description of the suspect I could tell the Vaal guard to look out for him around Ojaveda. With a name, that for all we know could be false, alone there isn\'t much we can do. We can\'t quite arrest and interrogate every Kran traveller that appears.

As for the guilt of this Domonicor, I have to agree that such a thing needs further investigation and interrogation. He can be brought before the Vigesimi and be put on trial but a simple print on a weapon is far from conclusive evidence for attempted murder.

At the moment I am afraid that there are more pressing matters in Akkaio though but I will see what can be done to help.
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2005, 12:53:33 am »
Last I saw the kran, he appeared quite worried and nervous, as if he was being pursued for some crime.  Indeed, he had the air of a guilty conscience.  I\'m sure he will answer to his name if summoned in person.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Arka

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge Seekers
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2005, 02:15:33 am »
We should not rush to judgement.

So far the evidence seems to me to be entirely circumstantial; if we were to judge on reputation we would (equally wrongly) come to a different conclusion.

Domonico

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
ok I didn't do it!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005, 05:08:28 pm »
I have one witness that can testifie somewhat that I had to borrow the 900 for the dagger so I could make 4000 from shalmaneser!! than I payed the person back 1000 that loaned me the 900 so in return I made 3000 off paying the dagger and giving it to shalmaneser.  And on top of that why would I attack someone that probally could kill me? just doesn\'t seem to smart.

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2005, 08:22:18 pm »
[Rabartus Livrandar: City Guard]

After questioning the suspect, Domonico, I had to release him due to a lack of evidence. However if anyone else has any information they think could help and would like to add please do so. In the meantime, keep you guards up... the guilty person is still loose.
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place