Author Topic: Enki anatomy...  (Read 1141 times)

Aklarand

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Enki anatomy...
« on: January 08, 2006, 03:16:49 pm »
Okay, so this is something that I\'ve really wondered about for a while now. What\'s up with the enki? Are they anthropamorphic or are they straight-kneed? I\'ve really never heard of a biped that sustained walking posture with the reverse knee joints, eveolution eventually irons that out. The in-game models are anthropomorph at the ankle with a standing posture that tells me that the gods of evolution didn\'t really see things that way.

I only post this because I want to start working on player models and I\'ll be darned if I can figure out which way I should jump with this as, once I\'ve started, it\'s done and re-modeling 25% of a model because of anatomy dosen\'t agree with me all that much.

Lolitra, Celorrim Purrty Twins

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • THE ROYAL HOUSE OF PURRTY
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 03:33:22 pm »
the Knees are not reversed... the part I think you refer to is the ankle and the feet are elongated... and thus.. the toes are now the feet...

it is just that on a normal cat the knee is hiden in the bulk of the body... and is mistakedly quoted as being the hips.

so in effect they are always walking on their toes... and usually the big toe migrates to the rear to afford balance.

I hope that makes it easer...
« Last Edit: January 08, 2006, 03:35:23 pm by Lolitra, Celorrim Purrty Twins »
Her Royal Highness Lolitra Hollinthy Purrty nods regally 'I am delighted to meet you' her tiara twinkles in the crystal light.
[had to remove my signature - as the image host lost it!!!!]

Sateri

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 09:40:43 pm »
It\'s called \"digitigrade\". I believe it\'s the same kind of feet used in, say, Furcadia.

Necromagvs

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Enki anatomy...
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 12:44:04 pm »
just in case you are not a zoologist:

"A digitigrade is an animal that stands or walks on its digits, or toes. Digitigrades include walking cats, dogs, and most other mammals, excepting humans, bears, and a few others. They are generally faster and quieter than other types of animals.

While humans usually walk with the soles of their feet on the ground (plantigrade locomotion), digitigrade animals walk on their distal and intermediate phalanges. Digitigrade locomotion is responsible for the distinctive hooked shape of dog legs.

There are anatomical differences between a plantigrade and digitigrade limb. Digitigrade animals have relatively long carpals and tarsals, and the bones which would correspond to the human ankle are thus set much higher in the limb than in a human. This effectively lengthens the foot, so much so that a digitigrade animal's "hands" and "feet" are often thought to correspond only to what would be the bones of the human toe or finger.

Because so little surface area needs to get off the ground, and also because of the added length of the foot, digitigrade locomotion tends to be swift."

so that´s why karyuus  walk on their toes :)

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 01:16:45 pm »
Hehehe :D How cool, I never knew the word for that.

* Karyuu logs it away for future reference.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Necromagvs

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 12:05:41 pm »
 :devil: that´s the reason why catgirls have that supersexy walk...

(ever wonder why models do catwalk? haha)

beau

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 09:49:39 am »
so, i run digitigrade then. thats why im so fast (IRL) when im legging it.

Proglin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 08:28:19 am »
And there you have it, Enki anotamy in evolution

These are the exact same legs an Enki is, and yes... they were able to stretch their legs and stand upright as well as making them the fastest creature ever to have lived [that doesn't include 2 or 3 fish spiecies.]
yours, the entertainer