Author Topic: Dermorian Hair  (Read 483 times)

Alose

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Dermorian Hair
« on: February 01, 2006, 07:24:54 am »
Hello All,

I\'m a newbie playing PS. While creating Waoredo I noticed that a lot of options are not open for selection. As I try to be practical I changed the original file to my liking. I like Waoredo to have like blue hair. Here some samples.

Is this a way PS developers can use it or can I better stop doing this.

Can i use it just on my client.

Greatings,

Waoredo Alose
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 06:22:14 am by Alose »
Greetings and good health,

Waoredo Aluse
Walker of the Death Dealm

We live on unstable grounds

Nilrem

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 07:43:53 am »
Thanks for editing the links ;)

In fact dermorians should have commonly brown, or reddish like the \"official\" one. As the setting says, the weirdest colours for them are black and blond.
http://www.planeshift.it/guide/en/setting-races.html#races-elves-dermorians

I don\'t know if those settings are really definitive or not, just look at the drawing to realize that has blond hair :P , but I do hope that add more depth and details to the setting is also on the devs list.

That said, I think that for now, since this is fan art, we can concentrate more about the artwork rather than if it fits or not the setting, and in that sense I\'ve to say that I do like the way you coloured that, I\'d like to see them applied on the model (please post screenshots of those \"new\" hairs ingame :) ) the most important thing is that I still have the feeling of hair there, not a huge solid paint, like if a cube of painting has fallen over their heads. That effect is specially remarkable in certain colours with female ywmns model, I do encourage you to give that model a look.
You sure have the abilities to do something great there.
Even if that \"simple\" colouring can seem, to the viewers, like an easy step, it for sure adds a lot of variety to the game. IMO a nice colouring, such as yours, also applied to clothing, and even more buildings, should provide us with a feeling of freshness that we could reach without even modelling a new building, simply adding variety through colouring.

Keep it up, Alose!
Are there any MoonSeekers left?

Cherppow

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 08:40:36 am »
Hi

Pretty nice. I especially like the yellowish with orange touch. Getting in game shots may be difficult right now, as the server is casually down for fixes.

Hmm, I think the different hair colours are applied from the code nowadays. The texture only needs to be black and white, showing the bumps and forms in the hair. You can check out the stonebm hair to see better what I mean. So I guess what we would really need is different shapes and styles of hair. eg. braids. :)

*edit*

To peeg: Yes, must have been related to the introduction of new char model system back then. Many other skins and models were lost/had to be redone too. However, like the settings section hints, there are variations of skin colour in each race. So, it\'s definitely planned. :)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 09:41:48 am by Cherppow »

peeg

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 08:45:27 am »
By the way:
I think i can remember that you could change the skin color of Krans in MB, but since i created my Kran in CB that doesn\'t work anymore.

Are there plans to make players able to change the color of their character\'s skin?
[ PSde ] - Join the german community!
Peeg Chaoswind - Mentor in The Rangers Of Yliakum

Alose

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2006, 11:16:30 am »
Hello all,

I didn\'t really read the definitions of the races, now i did and made some race specifics. I also like the double colours and the more extreme red or light brown.

For the different hair stiles you need to do 3d. I\'m not using that now. I\'m trying to learn wings and blender
« Last Edit: February 01, 2006, 11:24:43 am by Alose »
Greetings and good health,

Waoredo Aluse
Walker of the Death Dealm

We live on unstable grounds