Author Topic: For the artistically challenged (including me)  (Read 933 times)

Lyris Krystalstorm

• Traveller
    • View Profile
For the artistically challenged (including me)
« on: January 19, 2002, 06:46:18 am »
Here is a fun character pic generator for your roleplaying pleasure:

HeroMachine

It\'s free. It\'s addictive. It\'s multipurpose.

Enjoy!

Bigfoot

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2002, 11:18:30 am »
heh thats a fun tool... although im not artisticaly challenged it was fun to play with...

I even was able to make a nice likeness of my old Pirate Character in Ultima Online...

Sherwin BlueBeard... thems where the days UArrrr...

http://www.geocities.com/lamedanger/sherwin.jpg

my outfit was one of the most fancy looking and original ones ive yet to see in UO. I had a battle variant where i wore plate mail arms and a nice shinny chrome helm (you UO players know it as the helm that no one dares touch...).

But yeah... I used to go bare feet almost all the time as well, but id wear sandles on occasion... Pitty UO got so boring in the end, I had some great Guild roleplaying events planed... oh well. Also had a female counter part for sherwin called Scarlet ^^ a wod be thief and brazen harlot... i quit while i ws starting to develope her :(

« Last Edit: January 19, 2002, 11:19:59 am by Bigfoot »

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2002, 04:00:12 pm »
That is so much fun! Thanks :D

Great fun for playing around with and suprisingly versatile when you try to create other races and characters. Just goes to show that the photo fit method of chatracter generation can work really well (even when not designed for a specific game) at a not too great cost of memory :))

Here are some of my attempts:

« Last Edit: January 19, 2002, 07:41:42 pm by Kada-El »

Bill

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2002, 04:19:47 pm »
Awesome!

Awesome Klyros Kada-El. I think the bow-woman would fit you.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2002, 04:20:50 pm by Bill »

Aradesh

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2002, 06:24:41 pm »
Nice one, Lyris!

Btw, I\'m Kendrick ;) got a new name

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2002, 07:47:56 pm »
Thanks Bill :) It does quite a good approximation of the some of the PS races doesn\'t it. No suitable tail for the Diaboli though (but it could just be hidden behind her ;) ). The Klyros is probably pretty inacurate, but it looks quite nice.

Why the change Aradesh? I like your new name, but I liked Kendrick as well - did you get bored? (Love the butterfly sig btw :) )

Anath

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2002, 08:20:29 pm »
ummm, I cant seem how to figure out how to make the thing work... I can make a pic, but then when I want to save it it gives me numbers??? I cant even copy then anyway, so whats the point of that :( please help me.

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2002, 10:36:18 pm »
The only way to save the actual image is to do a screen grab. You can\'t save it or copy it in the format it is given in.  :(  

Hope that helps you.

Kendaro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2002, 11:44:59 pm »
i have quite a few of these i made a while back.. i played around with it first in my EQ days then later i picked it up gain around the time i was beta testing DAoC... it does get old after a few times but every now and then its fun to pick it up and play around with.
http://communities.msn.com/KendarosPride/membersimages.msnw?Page=1