Author Topic: Demo shiz.  (Read 405 times)

tasadar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Demo shiz.
« on: December 20, 2002, 02:30:41 pm »
I was just wondering. how many people have downloaded the demo, if so is it really sweet. another thing. Did you get any viruses from it? i gotta convince my dad it is safe to D-load. any help would be much apppreciated. Thanks
Hey kiddoes, its your favorite basher......  HATE ME!

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 02:47:42 pm »
I can assure you that there are no viruses on the file. And A LOT of people downloaded it before you.

But I don\'t know what kind of internet connection you have. If you have 56k or something similar, I wouldn\'t download it and wait for the next version, coming soon.

Keep in mind that both the game we have now and the newer versions are only techdemo\'s, and although there is a bit more to do and see in the next version, it isn\'t a real game yet.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2002, 02:49:06 pm by ParaSite »
<Worf> These are the moments when my ego gets put back on the ground. I use linux for quite some time, and am soon 2 years maintainer of a linux distribution. I started to think I would be good at it. But then I tried to get planeshift running.

kinshadow

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2002, 02:49:14 pm »
Originally posted by tasadar
Did you get any viruses from it? i gotta convince my dad it is safe to D-load. any help would be much apppreciated. Thanks

ROFL!  Its a free open source tech demo for a game, not some sleazy spy-ware from a p0rn site.  Get Mcaffee or Norton if you (or your dad) is that  worried about virueses.

Yes, the \"demo\" is safe and Yes it is neat.  Granted all you can do is explore the city and maybe see/chat with someone.  The next release promises to be much cooler.

Funhouse

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2002, 02:50:05 pm »
no point in downloading the current release, just wait till MB is out, it shouldn\'t be too long now

and it is perfectally safe

Severed Hope

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2002, 05:45:44 am »
yeah I am just waiting for the next version to DL...

this is soooo cool! Ive been in on game Beta\'s before, but this is like being here when the developers are still spitwadding ideas for the ALPHA around!

*wets himself*
 :baby:  :baby:  :))

Voldengrath

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2002, 03:49:48 pm »
Dont wanna get banned!!!!!

hey, dont mock me though!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2002, 05:41:12 pm by Voldengrath »
Voldengrath Blake

Link