Author Topic: Slip N' Slide  (Read 328 times)

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Slip N' Slide
« on: February 22, 2006, 03:02:14 pm »
Back here after a year or so, checking up on the game, but I ran into this sliding bug mentioned elsewhere, but no real fix has been found out for it...wondering if theres an update to that?

My game files are up to date, my client all up and set up correctly, my requirements exceed the nessecary.

Textures look grand though, especially the death realm because starting out sliding about is no way to introduce a new character ;)  Well, hope thers a fix to this since its a shame the games so bugged since last time I was here.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 03:08:13 pm »
Welcome back :)

There is going to be a new release available within a few days that has a ton of bug fixes (among other lovely things), so this may be one of the issues already taken care of. I don\'t remember a \"slip and slide\" in great detail, so for my own curiousity could you describe it a bit?
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

lanser

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • No Longer Mordraugion Settings AD
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 03:11:43 pm »
Totally unrelated but nice knife :)
Hokinon Korere
Wandering Yliakum searching for lost memories...

Zinnius Zann
Right hand to a Queen

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 04:20:16 pm »
Ah, yes I should have been more descriptive,

to myself at least all the characters slide around or are stuck in mid run and dont animate at all, their weapons wiggle a bit but thats all.

Makes it a bit tough to naviage the death realm and not fall off buildings in hydlaa when you always look like you\'re stuck in a gumby episode. :(

and tyvm
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 04:20:27 pm by Harwen »

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 04:42:15 pm »
You don\'t by chance have Vertex Buffer on in the PlaneShift setup, do you? This disables all animations. They\'re working perfectly for me and everyone else, as far as I can tell.

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 06:06:58 pm »
That worked, thanks :) Though I\'m a little dissapointed at the lack of any sort of social behavior in the game at all, it would kinda curb the slipping in through the world at area transition and being sent back to the death realm...not to mention the lack of excitement and that the game is not exactly new player or old-player-come-back friendly...oh well guess you get what you pay for.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 07:06:33 pm »
This being version 0.3, Windows-user-friendliness isn\'t the highest priority at the moment ;) There are always plenty of people to help with any issue, but new players definitely need to spend more effort searching and asking and figuring things out on their own than they would with a commercial product, aye.

No idea what you mean at the social behavior, though. People are interacting and talking and playing with each other constantly. I\'m also confused what you meant by the \"slipping in, transition, DR\" bit. As for lack of excitement, again we\'re at version 0.3 so there aren\'t exactly buckets and buckets of things to do, but we\'re preparing for the release of the next client, 0.3.013, which will have lots more for players to enjoy :)