Author Topic: Quitaa  (Read 2722 times)

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Quitaa
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2006, 12:54:22 pm »
Quittaa has no arrow huh... to bad zanzibar she has and its maxed so that statement is false, ( and you already knew that so why do you pretend here differently at the forum ) also Strength is usually cast BEFORE a duel takes place, wich is unfair and cheating, if you wait with it untill AFTER the challenge is accepted then there is nothing against using it. ( My opinion, i know... )

I give you permission to make sense in 2... 1... go.

Only you'd die trying to use it after a duel has started so you won't. Using healing potions is pretty lame aswell as the one with the most potions will always win that way ( providing that none of the participants can kill in one hit ) hence people see it as cheating. The same goes for stat improving potions. The one with the most potions will win. Eventually it will come down to the amount of cash rather then the dueling skill if you go that way.

You're very much wrong.  The reason why people see it as "cheating" is because it's OOC.  IC, you shouldn't be using potions during a fight.  It's more of a RP thing than a "lame" thing.

Owh and for the record, before you ask me. NO i'm not an alt of Quittaa :P

I wasn't going to ask, because I already know who you are - a member of the dwarvesbane guild, just like Drahilan and Quittaa.

There is a whole set of rules available for Proglin's tournaments, now as a normal duel doesn't specifically fit in any of the category's listed there make a mix out of it. Meaning all spells are allowed, ( unless specified otherwise ) potions are not allowed ( they give a few away but that matches out evenly ) And you are not allowed to do anything BEFORE the duel starts, read the section concerning strength and healing on that site. I think pretty much everyone finds those rules fair hence if you do something outside them it's referred to as cheating.

This duel was not a part of any tournament.  Further, his tournaments are relatively new, and my character doesn't engage in them because it would be OOC for him.

i realy hate circular logic.
yes, my intention was to comment on a storry and point out a few mistakes. you disided to involve me ferther

I've already answered this earlier in the thread, so... done now?
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Peacer

• Veteran
  • I've got balls of steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2006, 03:01:19 pm »
zanzi said
I wasn't going to ask, because I already know who you are - a member of the dwarvesbane guild, just like Drahilan and Quittaa.

[poke]That didn't prevent you from asking drahlian ;)[/poke]

edit: typed } in the end of quotetag
The Guardians of Power

left the game, looking in now and then to check progress, if you want to contact me use the email attached to the msn contact on this forum account

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2006, 04:13:45 pm »
zanzi said

[poke]That didn't prevent you from asking drahlian ;)[/poke]

edit: typed } in the end of quotetag

Drahlian is a bag of fun all his own.  I know a bit about Sardit and didn't have any reason to think he was involved.  Drahlian on the other hand I've had nothing but grief with since he decided to roleplay an out-of-character grudge.  Apparently, that also means telling his guildmates to harass my character when they have the chance.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 04:30:04 pm by zanzibar »
Immaturity is FTW.

Herleva

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2006, 04:48:58 am »
Shalmenacer is the real victim here, and all others are trying to disturb her in her roleplay.

This is the only message i can receive from your posts. You are such a good guy, i feel sorry for you.
You pretend to spend the whole time ingame to help people against npc-keeping players or with great duels to defend dwarves or such other "good" stuff...and of course, you are the greatest roleplayer the world has ever seen.
Unfortunally what you are talking about and how you act ingame is somewhat incoherent.

Don`t you wonder why nobody here sides with you?
Somebody have to tell you the truth, so i will do it.
Here it comes: Nobody believes your stories
And i will tell you why.

*Herleva changes to a talkative mood*

I mentioned the incoherence of your talking and acting. Humans (and surely animals) have a sense for recognizing incoherence. Even when they are not mainly aware of the acting they feel that there is something wrong.
And in your case it is obvious.
Where are the dwarves you rescued from Drahlian?
Where are all the players you helped with sharing rogues?
Where are all the people who made good rp experiences with you?
Why they don`t defend you here or ingame?
Yeah, i know your answers...they don`t read the forum...they don`t play anymore...they are illiterate...bull****

You seem to have your own style of rp which main content is that all other players have to follow this style.

*Herleva swallows while using the word "style* in context to Zanzibars behaviour after the duel*

Also true is that you didn`t write this thread to let the community take part of a good ingame-roleplay.
The only reason for starting it was to disparage Quittaa.
And why disparaging her?....because she killed your char in a duel in front of about thirty spectators after YOU requested her to fight.
Sure, she provoked you, but that is part of her roleplay...provoking dwarves and kill them...and sometimes not only dwarves.

You also admitted that you lied as you said that no potions were used in this duel.
You used potions to get the opportunity for typing "/yield" ?          *Herleva laughs heartly*

There are good reasons for not posting such threads, unwritten rules.
Another thing i can`t understand is: Why you can`t let a thread rest in peace after realizing that the direction it has gone is...just bad for you?
uhps...or was that news for you? sorry then...

You became so unreliable in my eyes, please spare me and others from further "Communitive Storywriting" threads.

Greetings

Herleva, Steel Commander in Dark Empire

[by the way, the first sentence is an allusion to Zanzibars wrong spelling of names and his confusedness concerning genders]

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2006, 05:13:24 am »
Let's quit this picking on each other, again.

Herleva, your post was the proverbial straw to break the mod's back. To say that no one agrees with Zanzibar or appreciates his writing is to ignore a lot of the thread. If you don't want to read someone's writing, don't read it, and "spare" yourself the future trouble all on your own.

This is a warning for the thread - if it degenerates into even further mudslinging, you won't see the "Reply" button again. Feel free to argue and disagree, but do it maturely. I know we are all capable of this.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Herleva

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2006, 05:30:54 am »
I beg your pardon for my straightforwardness.

Herleva, Steel Commander in Dark Empire

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2006, 11:23:29 am »
Shalmenacer is the real victim here, and all others are trying to disturb her in her roleplay.

Thankyou, but my character is male, and it isn't black and white like that.  In all these disagreements, I'm neither completely right nor wrong, and the same goes for most other people.

This is the only message i can receive from your posts. You are such a good guy, i feel sorry for you.
You pretend to spend the whole time ingame to help people against npc-keeping players or with great duels to defend dwarves or such other "good" stuff...and of course, you are the greatest roleplayer the world has ever seen.
Unfortunally what you are talking about and how you act ingame is somewhat incoherent.

That's a pretty silly (and innacurate) thing to say.

Don`t you wonder why nobody here sides with you?

Actually, plenty of people here do side with me.  We just don't make a big public deal about it (because I'm not insecure like that).

Where are the dwarves you rescued from Drahlian?

At the time, they were a little to my left.

Yeah, i know your answers...they don`t read the forum...they don`t play anymore...they are illiterate...bull****

Probably, but it's also likely that they don't have the time or patience to deal with trolling if they don't have to.

You seem to have your own style of rp which main content is that all other players have to follow this style.

Nope.  I will throw a minor stink if someone tells me the tavern blew up, but I'll try to RP it anyway.

Also true is that you didn`t write this thread to let the community take part of a good ingame-roleplay.

Correct.  I wrote the story because it's a story.  Besides, everything that happens in-game is supposed to be roleplaying, so the tem "ingame-roleplay" is rather redundant.

Sure, she provoked you, but that is part of her roleplay...provoking dwarves and kill them...and sometimes not only dwarves.

Actually, Drahlian has bragged about telling her guild to take pot shots at my character - based on a OOC grudge no less.

You also admitted that you lied as you said that no potions were used in this duel.

If taking a single potion just before I died, when I wasn't in an offensive stance, and when I thought I was standing far away... if that counts as using potions in a duel?  Oh geeze, you sure got me!

There are good reasons for not posting such threads, unwritten rules.

And there are good reasons for not being a dick like you're being presently.:)  Only those rules are written.

[by the way, the first sentence is an allusion to Zanzibars wrong spelling of names and his confusedness concerning genders]

Your entire post is OOC, so brackets are not necessary.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 12:29:10 pm by zanzibar »
Immaturity is FTW.

Herleva

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2006, 12:08:15 pm »
*Herleva resignates and prefers to argue with her 5 and 7 years old nephews*

I`m searching for arguments in your last post, but i can`t find them.
It is more fun to have some in an argument.

Maybe i will join again when you can present at least few.

It`s just frustrating to read your answers, they underline your lack of competence.

It`s like talking with a stubborn teenager, proud and not willing or capable to express themself.

Herleva

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2006, 12:28:10 pm »
I`m searching for arguments in your last post, but i can`t find them.

Good!  You'll be in good company with your cousins, and the forums will be that much more peaceful!
Immaturity is FTW.

Peacer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2006, 09:22:06 am »
there is something i don't understand here, why does shalmaneser protect some dwarves when he belongs to an evil guild and are evil. And afaik (correct me if i am wrong.) There are no dwarves in the DE, so that makes the whole shalmaneser rescuing dwarves thing being quite weird in my eyes.
The Guardians of Power

left the game, looking in now and then to check progress, if you want to contact me use the email attached to the msn contact on this forum account

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2006, 12:22:07 pm »
I think the DE is slightly misunderstood at times. Take a look at Sangwa - he doesn't go around murdering people all the time and can actually be extraordinarily helpful. Being "evil" doesn't mean one has to be obvious or blunt about it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 12:26:10 pm by Karyuu »
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2006, 01:03:40 pm »
there is something i don't understand here, why does shalmaneser protect some dwarves when he belongs to an evil guild and are evil. And afaik (correct me if i am wrong.) There are no dwarves in the DE, so that makes the whole shalmaneser rescuing dwarves thing being quite weird in my eyes.

Well, the Dark Empire isn't really evil.  "Good" and "Evil" don't really exist except to an audience with shared definitions.  So while the agenda of the Dark Empire might be called "evil" by some, to call the entire guild "evil" is not necessarily true.  Basically, it depends on who you ask.

There's no particular reason why there are no dwarves in the Dark Empire guild.  It's a relatively exclusive guild, so we don't have equal representation from each race - just by chance.

As far as my character being evil, again - it depends on who you ask.  Further, if a character is "evil", it doesn't mean it just goes PVP all the time and shouts bad things.  Just like how "Good" characters can be prone to doing wicked things, or being spiteful, or insulting others, or being evil.:)

Basically, things are more complex than "good and evil", and I can understand why the actions of that particular character I roleplay can be confusing if you just think of him as evil and don't spend much time with him.
Immaturity is FTW.

Peacer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2006, 02:56:19 am »
i never met shal/shalmaneser in game, but oocly we can say if he is good or evil, that is your descision, i don't think it takes much of a brain to figure out my characters alignment ;)
The Guardians of Power

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2006, 03:20:13 am »
i never met shal/shalmaneser in game, but oocly we can say if he is good or evil, that is your descision, i don't think it takes much of a brain to figure out my characters alignment ;)

It takes barely any brain at all to judge.  (I find that dumber people are more judgemental, so it follows that they're just better at it.)
Immaturity is FTW.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2006, 05:01:12 am »
This discussion serves no point. This doesn't concern most of you, and I think you're just getting back at Zanzibar (not that he doesn't deserve it).

Quitta doesn't seem concerned at all, so we should follow her example and turn an OOC pit of flames into nothingness, as it seems to have failed its purposed as a Communitive Storywritting.
Discussing your opinions about RP happenings makes no sense. In fact, it's like discussing Alice in Wonderland and how she shouldn't or should have followed the bunny.

I like the story though. I mean Shal's. Not that I dislike Alice in Wonderland, no, that was a far greater story in fact.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!