Author Topic: Traslate game and put french dedicated server ( and website)  (Read 400 times)

yaume

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Hello  I am called Guillaume delord I am the happy owner of a dedicated server ( my and 2 other people )  and I we  would like  put at disposal we dedicated server  to make the first French official .
Also I would like to developement in  translate  the game  in french same we  not programer good   we  help  in  give   .doc  or  to follow tutoriel.

We are  3 french that project 

Thanck you for  answer.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Traslate game and put french dedicated server ( and website)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 04:55:52 pm »
Hello yaume :}

Your offer will be appreciated, no doubt! However, PlaneShift will never have servers that split the world based on nationality or country. In fact, we won't have servers that split the world at all. In the future, all servers will connect to the same world so everyone will be able to interact with everyone else. It creates a much stronger community.

You might want to take a look at this page from our website, to learn more about translations. ( It's always a good idea to read as much as you can. )
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

DaveG

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 05:02:34 pm »
bah... Karyuu beat me to it :P

Firstly, the PlaneShift team decided a while back that the official language will be English, and while websites about PS and guilds in other languages are encouraged, the game world is English.  At some point we may add more localization capabilities to the client and allow the menus to be translated better, however chat and server messages are not translated.  (you would need to be a programmer to change that)  We want everyone who plays to be able to interact, so one common language is requred.  Which brings me to the second issue, we only want one PS world.  We will eventually have multiple servers, but they will all be connected and host the same unified world.  We do not allow others to publicly host PS servers using our art/data/rules.

::  PlaneShift Team Programmer  ::

AryHann

• Veteran
  • WonderWoman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 12:00:01 am »
You can however translate the guide - and maybe try to keep it updated.
AryHann

http://www.reflex.lth.se/culture/annelov - Virtual Annelöv -
Engine Dep. - One of Talad's Angels - Aka ww & Ahrijani's Goddess