Author Topic: Skill Training  (Read 908 times)

Denerynn

• Hydlaa Resident
  • A traveller in search of wisdom
    • View Profile
Skill Training
« on: June 24, 2006, 10:17:31 pm »
I have a question about skill training: how much does it cost to buy a skill? So far I've only trained my sword to level 1, but I forgot to look at how many trias I spent per Progression Point.

I'm trying, just like I do for most games, to take in as much knowledge of the game as I can, in order to help others, and for other reasons. It's also because that's how I am.
"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire

lollie

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Skill Training
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 10:27:49 pm »
42 trias per lesson i think (better check this yourself though - i just read it somewhere...don't remember the link offhand).

Denerynn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 10:30:53 pm »
Ah, thanks.

It seems like a lot for me though, at the moment, as I don't really know much about making money, except by killing rats and later on, when I get the necessary skill, mining.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 10:38:17 pm »
Progressing in a game isn't supposed to be a piece of cake right from the beginning :) It'll take you a bit of time, but you may find yourself with maxed stats in not too long.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Denerynn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 10:59:11 pm »
I am well aware that I won't be progressing very quickly, although gaining maybe a level in a skill would help a bit...

And don't think that I'm asking for someone to give me what I need, because I like to be independant of others, in terms of material goods. But I don't mind relying on others for advice or information.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 11:01:42 pm by Denerynn »

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 10:01:31 am »
A good suggestion to advance more quickly in the game is to make some friends who are already playing for a while, maybe join a guild and let them help you with tips or simply team up with a group. It's not only easier but also more fun. That's some indirect help that will get you very far without having to beg for money or items. ;)

People here prefer these things to be done in-game rather than on these forums though.
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru