Author Topic: Baldur's Art Thread  (Read 35062 times)

Baldur

• Veteran
  • Disillusioning since 1989
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
Re: Baldur's Art Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2006, 05:13:39 am »
No thats definatly an improvement. Shows well.
Get a book on how to DRAW anatomy though. Its alot better than just drawing strait off.

I'm off on Holiday for now, but when I get back I expect to see you outdoing Karyuu or Inca  ;)
* Baldur screams  :o
Yessir :-\
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 06:25:16 am by Baldur »

Kiraki

• Hydlaa Resident
  • The tendancy towards chaos is a universal law
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2006, 12:26:00 pm »

I like your work Baldur  :D hehe and i am terrible at human anatomy myself so maybe i need to borrow that book sometime  :P

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2006, 12:33:14 pm »
I'm working on something else right now. A rogue hopefully :]
He is a bit stilitized. That could depends on the hands and feet. You will soon see him as soon as i've found an ink-pen. I'm going to ink this. I haven't showed too clear lines and that is my flaw. I'm going to try this and see what  you think.

Until now, dying_inside might actually like this.

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2006, 06:16:26 pm »
/img]
I found a technique out on the net, and tried it.
Maybe not one of my best pics, but I like it. I still have to work on the proportions. They were messed up below the waist, something to think about next time as it didn't look good. Proportions is the key. I attempted to draw wrinkles on clothes and cloth and it turned out quite well, just predefine all of'em before I get started. Will have to work on positions, he's still a bit stilitized. I hope I will do better in the future.
I liek this technique and will continue work on it as it encourages realism and muscles, who ar emy main goals.
In the beginning this was to look like a warrior but instead worked on the sneaky look because of his stylistic posture. Cylinders might work better next time.

Measures, measures. To enhance what was what I colored it's "burqoa"(is it called that?) as it easily blended with the wrinkles.

Hope you like it. Sorry, dying_inside if I graveled your expecrtations :]

Gentar

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2006, 01:02:03 am »
Yes you are right. Proportion is everything that is wrong with this picture. You have been looking at human beings your entire life so start to pay attention to what they look like. The waist and below is way to small, both length wise and girth. The arm on the viewers right is dettached form the body altogether. It is floating next to him. Pay attantion to these things.

Your image looks so good other than these key fundamentals, so try to work on those. Make a lightly sketched skeleton of the figure you are trying to make before you begin drawing the figure itself with its bold lines. Proportions are tough, I still mess them up (just look at the drawing of Farren in the great fan art project, his proportions are off), so dont get discouraged, just keep at it and your drawings of humanoids will be nothing short of impressive.

Good luck!

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2006, 03:22:44 am »
For proportions you have the best model you could ask for sitting right there baldur :)

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2006, 06:03:43 am »
Yes you are right. Proportion is everything that is wrong with this picture. You have been looking at human beings your entire life so start to pay attention to what they look like. The waist and below is way to small, both length wise and girth. The arm on the viewers right is dettached form the body altogether. It is floating next to him. Pay attantion to these things.

Your image looks so good other than these key fundamentals, so try to work on those. Make a lightly sketched skeleton of the figure you are trying to make before you begin drawing the figure itself with its bold lines. Proportions are tough, I still mess them up (just look at the drawing of Farren in the great fan art project, his proportions are off), so dont get discouraged, just keep at it and your drawings of humanoids will be nothing short of impressive.

Good luck!
Best model, hmm :/
I would say i'm not the ideal model as I haven't been to the gym lately :P I could say this. Measuring my body with my hands and head i'm completely hopeless, measures simply aren't my nature. My carpentry grades? I barely escaped that one, as with math and sewing classes. Though I am good at watching. I will do that.

Now that i've seen that this technique does work (because this picture was, mainly, to test it) I can start working on proportions and skeleton's, the one you tipped me of, Gent.
Thanks for the trust. Hopefully I will at least be half as good as you.

Xillix: If I ever could draw models, and follow them ::)
Thanks, for the tip :]
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 06:07:03 am by Baldur »

dying_inside

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2006, 01:07:37 pm »
I'm back and hey hey hey!
That rogue is pretty flipping good! I love it!
Aside from the previouse mentioned commments, I think its cool.

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2006, 03:04:34 pm »
My best looking humanoid, so far. Thanks dying_inside :]

Lately i've been in an inspiration swack(sort of a depression) and haven't done any work at all so instead i'm going to post one of my older pictures, just after i'd decided to work on kran armor.

Just to keep you interested :]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 03:06:18 pm by Baldur »

dying_inside

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2006, 03:39:50 pm »
The Krans are wearing corsets!  :o

Actually I think its pretty cool! It just reminds me of a corset..... very scary corset...
But a corset non the less....

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2006, 08:07:33 am »
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f78/Belark/Torziggcopy.jpg
A picture I made for Torzigg, hope he likes it :]
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f78/Belark/SWScan00020copy.jpg
The original picture, but darkened to show the lines bit more, the magic eraser didn't work as it grabbed the entire image.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 09:56:45 am by Baldur »

Gentar

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2006, 11:03:40 am »
Aha! An improvement on your last drawing of a humanoid! THe shoulders just look a little too broad to me but theyre not bad. Keep it up, and remeber, every drawing you do, try to do something better than you idid on the last. Note where things look wrong, and what techniques you used that looked better, and build off of those ideas. Keep it up!

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2006, 12:08:46 pm »
If anyone wishes to be drawn, please PM me. Right now I have no ideas what to draw. I'm sort of in a numb state. If anyone would want to be drawn that would be great training for my anatomy studies.

Volunteers send me a PM with some references
Jewelry(Where worn and description/s)
Clothes/Armor(Appearance, possible design)
Scars/Tattoos(Descibe patterns and where on the body)
Weapon/s/Shields
Skin/Fur color(Pattern[Fur]
Constitution
Poses[?]

If you like my work, keep me busy :]

This is not an attempt to steal entries from the Fan-Fanart Project

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2006, 12:09:42 pm »
Why not just take entries from the FFP requests? :>
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2006, 12:13:14 pm »
Just thought of that, seconds before I sent this. Self-pity I guess, haven't done anything in weeks.

...You're a fast poster.