Author Topic: World Partially Loading?  (Read 407 times)

Shangreloo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
World Partially Loading?
« on: July 18, 2006, 07:54:25 am »
I'm not sure whether this qualifies as an in game bug, or a before entering the game bug, but PS seems to load part way, then seems to get hung up.

- When the game opens as much as it's going to open I can see guild tags and part of a charrie name in the bottom left hand part of the screen, but very big, upside down and backwards.
- The "Welcom/Game loading" screen is still displayed, but the chat box is open and unusable.
- I did get the world to open once, but the screen was sideways. I couldn't swtich from what seemed to be a first person view, and she seemed to be sliding across the floor.. perhaps my charrie had died while I was away? ::shrug::

Not really sure what question I should be asking since I have no idea what is going on with my charrie.

Help?

Please?

There are three kinds of people in this world.
Those who understand numbers and those who don't.

Nilrem

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: World Partially Loading?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 08:05:03 am »
Minimum Requirements:

* Windows 98, ME, 2000 or XP, Mac OS X 10.2.6, Linux, FreeBSD or Solaris
    * GeForce 2 or higher 3D graphics card
    * 1 Ghz CPU
    * 512 MB RAM
    * 1 GB free disk space
    * 56k modem Internet connection

Your problem might be related with your graphics card. See if it meets the minimum, and if positive, try downloading newer drivers.

If you haven't used your char since the update, perhaps it was left in a zone that is no longer a valid one, and start falling over and over again. If that's your case, when you manage to log in again, try using /die command, that will teleport your char to the start of the DR map.

But first, try to solve that graphical issue. Also, sometimes a screenshot might be of use, to know what you're exactly describing, just for future reference :)
Are there any MoonSeekers left?

Ahriman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 08:29:55 am »
Oh, and this happened to me once when an Application changed the regular resolution of your monitor. I have a 17" LCD screen which requires installation. I re-installed it and it fixed that problem... Maybe if a installation disk came with your monitor, try re-installing it.

Quin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 10:25:53 pm »
This sounds very similar to what I just experienced.  Everything had been working fine up until today, then touble loading the maps after connecting to the server. And the few times it did seem to finish loading without an error, I couldn't move at all or see properly.  It kind of looked like I was stuck on the roof rotating very slowly.  Trying to change camera angles gave a message of "unknown" , /unstick didn't work, and /die just sent me to the death realm with the same problems.

The good news is a clean install followed by the patch and lastly using the updater fixed the problem.  I can again connect, load everything and play with no problems.  My suggestion would be to uninstall and then reinstall (do not automatically update when asked if you want to) then install the patch, then update.  the whole process only takes 10 minutes.
Quinidain Sherkhan : Enkidukai knife fighter and Starlight Hunter , living life one rat hide at a time

Shangreloo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 05:26:16 pm »
The requirements to play Planeshift are much more than adequately met by my computer/graphics card/internet connection. I've been playing fairly regularly since the update in early July, though I've had an account registered and played infrequently in the very early days of Molecular Blue as well.

I tried the /die option, and just like you said, Quin, I ended up in the Death Realm in the same, sad state.

I'll try the un-install/re-install option.. again.

*head bang*

Update:

The un-install/re-install worked, Quin.
Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 05:50:22 pm by Shangreloo »
There are three kinds of people in this world.
Those who understand numbers and those who don't.

Quin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 01:06:27 am »
Looks like DaveG found an easier fix:

http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=24579.0
Quinidain Sherkhan : Enkidukai knife fighter and Starlight Hunter , living life one rat hide at a time