Author Topic: Player movement....  (Read 4003 times)

Mirashi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Player movement....
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2006, 06:06:48 pm »
One thing I actually love in this game is the possibility of moving the character with the arrow keys instead of the mouse. Truth is it took me about 30 seconds to make the normal movement of the character... Simple as that.

I have a health problem that prevents me from playing in your face games or similars such as Quake and stuff like that, because the mouse movement makes me dizzy and I feel awful.

Good old days when DOOM came out and I spent hours inside my room playing.

For more than 5 years I had to keep on games with top perspective. I am very very happy with the system of movement in this game! :)

Me too, but having different movement options would help. Keyboard mode, mouse mode, first-person keyboard, and first-person mouse.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

Kerol

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Assets > Asshats
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2006, 06:11:28 pm »
Me too, but having different movement options would help. Keyboard mode, mouse mode, first-person keyboard, and first-person mouse.
Erm.. there are.
Take a look at the options ingame. You can switch the keys to move, hit 'm' by default to change the camera mode, mouse look is there.. you can even type in chat while autorun.

retired GM leader

Mirashi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2006, 06:12:40 pm »
Well I thought to move with your mouse, you held two keys and clicked somewhere. I forget. ><

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

thedevilsjester

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2006, 07:03:06 pm »
It only took me 10 minutes tops to find the controls the first time, so i'm not complaining.

Its not about how long it takes to find the controls, took me mere seconds, its about the way those controls work.  I play EQ2 daily and everytime I come back to it from a test play in PS, the movement is a breath of fresh air.

Baldur

• Veteran
  • Disillusioning since 1989
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2006, 08:39:45 pm »
Something good came out of it, all right ^_^

I see your point and i am sure the developers take this in consideration even at this early stage, feedback is essential, though seriously, the movement question is less important theb, for example, crafting and skins at this stage

eldoth_terevan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2006, 02:44:58 pm »
Ummm... the controls are REALLY customizable in here the keys can be anything you want. You can also back up the XML file to save control sets for different characters, although you have to do this manually. As far as I am concerned using the keyboard is the ONLY way to control this game, and it is the most natural. Try using different Shift and Control conditions with fingers that naturally reach for certain keys when you play. One can get quite quick with it.

Kerbox

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2006, 09:54:28 pm »

Its not about how long it takes to find the controls, took me mere seconds, its about the way those controls work.  I play EQ2 daily and everytime I come back to it from a test play in PS, the movement is a breath of fresh air.

I agree, EQ II (and every other new MMOG) set the right standard for movement.

Keyaz

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2006, 09:59:15 pm »
no other game I've played has customizability (is that even a word) as planeshift does, and every game I've played i've run around and seen wonderful things to climb, yet none of them let me jump!

(even though I can't get onto rooftops right now (fix that damn you!)) planeshift excels to me, because I can do whatever I like.
the only reason my character trains to get stronger, run further and jump higher to climb more things!

it's fun :3

Nomed Drol

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2006, 02:14:19 am »
Yeah, my vote goes for increase mouse sensitivity...

and fixing the bug that if you middle click, or if you accidentally scroll, you stop moving...

That is all.

Strafing doesn't need more speed, unless you can use it to dodge ranged attacks manually!

What is this sneak mode?

Can anyone sit down?  I can't, in game that is...

bilbous

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2006, 12:03:13 pm »
I don't know if it has been mentioned, I sort of got glassy-eyed in the middle of the second page, but if you are using auto-run you can navigate using the left-right arrow keys. You can auto-walk by starting auto run and pressing the left shift key. I mostly stay in first-person mode but sometimes like to zoom out in one of the other modes while in the wilderness. One problem I have in the other modes is having the camera inside the geometry, stairs look like shutters and whatnot.

Gharan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2006, 12:14:39 pm »
Me too i find first person view to be the best and if you have troubles on stairs just adjust your view.