Author Topic: Ideas about Card-games and board-games!  (Read 836 times)

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Ideas about Card-games and board-games!
« on: February 05, 2003, 02:55:35 am »
Wouldn\'t it be fun if the world of PS contained totally new card-games and board games?
If you have an idea, just write it down here and let the devs have a look at it.

Be a member of our Mirthful community.
Join us today!   :]

Note:  This is my old account. I am now known as \"Jadd\".

Link

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2003, 03:58:52 am »
Come on, if you want to play other games then play them. You play Planeshift, not some board game. This IS NOT the Sims, we aren\'t trying to simulate life.
The Great Linksunius

Silverblade

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2003, 07:12:56 am »
I disagree link, we are trying to create an immersive fantasy world, with all the little aspects that make life fun... like these games.

By the way, congrats on surviving your breast cancer ;)

Link

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2003, 07:45:28 am »
Yeah and while we are at it let\'s put in pretty pink bunnies, and a toilet skill. I got an idea, while your playing planeshift open solitaire and alt-tab back and forth, or some stupid board game on yahoo.
The Great Linksunius

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2003, 10:21:58 am »
Umm...I\'m not sure what card and board-games has to do with \"the sims\" (which is a game that I hate btw)
Well for one thing you play with in-game money and for fun, and I don\'t wanna play cardgames without a reason if you know what I mean.
Link, this isn\'t some kind of action game where you just walk around killing monsters for XP, this is called MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) and it means that you live like a second life in another world where you and many other players interacts.
This means that you do exactly as you want. You can adventure with some pals, kill dragons, search for treasure or you can hunt deer, sell the meat, and then gamble up all your money at the local tavern.
Yes Link, this IS a sim game wherever you like it or not.
BTW. It was possible to play card-games in UO, so why shouldn\'t it be possible here? ;)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2003, 04:31:03 pm by Fanomatic2000 »

Aruneko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2003, 04:04:09 pm »
I thought that the first M in MMORPG stood for Massive.

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2003, 04:09:34 pm »
Ya its Massive ;)

Anyways, card games are great things, you need something mindless to do if you just wanna waste time...and besides, betting is always fun

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2003, 04:26:42 pm »
Hehe, you\'re right Aruneko. I was a little tired when I wrote the reply ;)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2003, 04:32:36 pm by Fanomatic2000 »

EstafanCortez

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2003, 10:04:11 pm »
I think that for card games there should be kind of like the \"Magic: The Gathering\"  card game, like with the life points and attack points with powers and diffrent types of spell card and the such, i dont know but i think that would be much fun

FMiddy

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2003, 12:06:44 am »
now that MTG idea is pointless for a game like this, however games like poker and chess would be cool to have  :D
Name: Frankuuu
Race: Dermorian Elf
Chosen Path: Warrior
Alignment: Neutral
Guild: N/A

I fight for my destiny, if yours crosses mine, the only outcome is for me to prevail, whether you live or not depends on if you get in my way...

kinshadow

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2003, 12:23:00 am »
Well, I orginally posted a thread in the Mini-Games thread about the following card deck:

Originally posted by kinshadow
8 suits, 1 named for each level.
Each suit has an Octarch card, a Vigesimi card, and a Crystal card (takes place of Ace / 1).
The other suits have a decending number of cards. The first suit has numbered cards 2-8, the second 2-7....and the last suit has no numbered cards (just Crystal and Face cards).
You end up with a total of 52 cards.

I though tof some variations of blackjack and poker if gambling is wanted, but the factorial number of cards kind of makes the statistics screwy.

On a side note, each of the face cards (Octarch and Vigesimi) of each suit could have a name based off a historical figure from that level.  Each could be an embodiment of a virtue or sin in the PS world.  It could be a good way to enccourage people to learn PS history.  In addition, the face cards could be laid out to do fortune tellings (Paxx gave me the idea).  Your future could be fortold using portents of the past.

Abemore

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2003, 01:46:28 am »
how are you posts consistently so good, kinshadow!?

I nominate you for DEVdom
« Last Edit: February 06, 2003, 02:09:55 pm by Abemore »

Awaiting Invite from the Ordo Illuminatis.

Before you criticize someone, remember to walk a mile in their shoes...
...then when you criticize them, you\'ll be a mile away ...and you\'ll have their shoes.

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2003, 02:01:32 am »
As far as games heres a few I think would be fitting chess, backgammon, darts, Archery, Riddles (that almost doesn\'t count), Blackjack?, or maybe roulette.

And since Link was nice enough to throw in the idea of froo froo bunnies, flowers, and potty training here are some \"other\" game ideas that might be interesting.

Candy Land, Spin the Bottle, Jump Rope, Cat\'s Cradle, Truth or Dare, Hop-scotch, Jack-be-nimble, and my all time favorite, Chutes and Ladders!! Oh come on, don\'t act like you haven\'t thought of it.

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2003, 04:13:44 am »
GAAAAH! I thought I was gonna live my life without having to see adult dwarfs jump rope 8o
Wow, I love the candy-land idea. Will it be possible to eat the candy as well? :D
Spin the bottle will be interesting. The one the bottle point at must kill a dragon, run by foot to the other side of the world, and then run back here and drink 20 beers in a row :D

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2003, 01:24:14 am »
LOL.

Knights of the Way: Gentleman, we have saved the world from the reign of Galados, Rescued the Damsel in Distress, and Fended off the Necromancers from our castle. How shall we celebrate?

Knight: I know! Let\'s play Jacks!

All: Huzzah!

Now we know what The Fellowship did during long trips to Mordor. Frodo was playing Cherades, while Gimli did his knitting, Aragorn, all the time playing \"Mystery Date\". I wonder how Tolkien could have left this golden moments out?