Author Topic: [Guild] The Black Flames  (Read 900 times)

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
[Guild] The Black Flames
« on: August 03, 2006, 08:56:15 pm »
Our story,
our place in the setting

As the Flame came to the first city the people came out to see this wonder. Miracles followed the Flame which the people had never seen before and the people accepted the flame to be part of Laanx send to look after them. Soon the people realized the Flame was different then Laanx had been. It was different in that it desired other things like glyphs that were very rare to enhance its power and other magical objects. It was also less demanding of his followers and more caring although it still had quite the selfish streak. Still the people felt that with the story Laanx had told them that this must be one of the better pieces of Laanx that could not bear to leave her followers all alone.

The religion over the years changed and several generations later the people in the cities had all accepted the Black Flame as their true god. The High Priests had decided that the Black Flame was the good in Laanx soul that had separated from the Masked God and that the Laanx that had left was the holder of everything evil about Laanx. This ran through the cities and was quite a shock, but soon this was accepted as people realized this meant their Black Flame would guard over them and was truly worthy of their worship. However also in the years after this there came fanatics who said that the Masked God should be destroyed as now the powers of Laanx were divided.

The fanatics made orders and as the Masked God was not to be found in the cities they moved outwards sending spies to other lands. But no matter how much they searched they could not find the Masked God till the Black Flame inspired one of the leaders and let the leader know of portals that led to Near Yliakum. Many rumors were heard but finally it was confirmed. Laanx had moved to Yliakum to try and convert the people there. The fanatic orders joined forces and together they send out their best people to go to Yliakum and make sure to destroy the power of the Masked God by observing and finding her weak spot if any. Also they were send to make sure the people would not follow the Masked God to destroy the ones that did turn to the evil.

As the ones send arrived in Yliakum they noticed that the situation was even worse then the scouts and spies had reported. The Masked God was well established in these lands and the followers were very fanatic. For years they managed to work in secrecy increasing their influence, but besides gathering information they couldn't do much. Several attempts were made to decrease the following of the Masked God but only with mild success.

Then they devised a daring plan that would seriously hurt the Masked God by showing the general populace what horror this Masked God really was, slowly they moved their pieces but as they were preparing this plan they still showed their true colors a little to much and they were discovered by the followers of Laanx. Only a select few among the Religion of Laanx were informed of why these people were really brought to the sacrificial altars as of course the followers of Laanx wanted to get rid of these people without revealing this religion to the general public. Swift and deadly their response still was and only few survived the sacrificial altars.

The few who remained taught their children their dislike of the Masked God and the strict rules of obedience the god asked. Still around, these children are now again living in the shadows. All needing to find their own life but still locked together in their hatred of the Masked God and the rules they are forced to follow so not to attract the attention of the followers of Laanx. Waiting and building up their influence till the time is there again to move.

Several generations have passed and no one remembers the Black Flame in Yliakum except for the decendants of the children that remained so long ago. Their hatred has not diminished but in the shadows they remain, slowly working towards their goal. If one thing the decendants have learned how to be patient.

Rules

IC:
- The existance and the goals of the order are to be kept secret under ALL circumstances (use a cover story if necessary)
- Participate in the order and its rituals
- Gather information for our purpose and pass them on to all members
- The way to reach our goals is subtle and subliminal
- Influence others to support our goals
- Oppose selfproclaimed powermonger (individual people or groups)

OOC:
- Stay IC as much as possible and keep looking for RP or make some up on your own
- Don't use emoticons (smilies) IC. Use /me and /my to describe your mimics
- /tell, /guild and /group are OOC by definition, unless stated in chat (e.g. '/me leans to <name> and whispers' then use '/tell') or agreed on otherwise (see Rituals)
- Never ever talk about yourself as evil. Our chars believe what they are doing is the right thing. In our view, we are the good.

As mentioned the guild is working in secret. We tried to make a guild that makes use of the setting of Planeshift and that would add to the story. 99.9% of Yliakum doesn't know about the Black Flame, but still we see potential in this way. If you feel you are really one of us please PM me your ingame name and online time and someone will approach you ingame as soon as possible. Hope to see many of you ingame.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 08:59:26 pm by Pestilence »

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
Re: [Guild] The Black Flames
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 09:01:37 pm »
I think you did a wonferful job Pestilence with writing this story. Especially considering the minimal information about the Black flame and story of the religeon on the planeshift main website. Creative liberties well done.  :thumbup:
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

Gondric

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 06:39:12 am »
did not read the history or anything (too long)
but there is a guild called blue flame which is pretty similar to ur name and i think there might be another one.

Anne Ominous

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 06:46:57 am »
man gondric you're asking to be flamed till black as ash. read before posting. Or at least read the reply where the guild got praise for adapting with the "Black Flame" Religion from the game in their story...

must...restrain...self...from...more...flaming....

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 08:29:42 am »
Well to reply to Gondric. We started to think about this guild about two weeks or so ago and already had chosen a name then aswell and only noticed that guild a few days back.

Ofcourse this made us think if perhaps we should chose a different name. I asked ingame to three of their high ranked members what the story was behind their name, but two had no idea and the leader wouldn't tell. The guild post didn't add anything (believe it's even been deleted).

We decided not to change for three reasons

1. Their goal ingame seems to be tottally OOC and so little chance of getting a mixup

2. Our guild wants to work from the shadows. The Black Flames isn't even really the guildsname but it's how we think the few who do know about us outside the guild would call us.

3. It's simply "The religion of the Black Flame" as is mentioned in the setting. If you want to do something with that part of the setting you can't start calling it the religion of the blue pearl or something

« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 08:33:29 am by Pestilence »

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 09:21:10 am »
there is another secret guild for the black flame in existence that i know of . . .

:)

perhaps everyone we see with no guild tag is blackflame . . . eek

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 10:57:18 am »
Well they are welcome to send me a message so we can reunite with out bretheren ;)

In the chaos of the killings and the obvious need for secrecy we might have lost contact with eachother. Or we may just be the same guild pretending to be new. Who knows ;)

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 12:52:15 pm »
seems differing goals the other group appears more evil than this one

Valbrandr

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 09:35:31 pm »
Pestilence what happened with DC? Anyway, its good to see you still around old friend. And I wish your evil Order much luck. Sounds like you did a good job with this one. I do believe there used to be a Black Flame guild though.. werent they in the Dark Alliance at one time :P, cant remember)

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Wibble myself: 17years I was gone, give or take
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2006, 08:31:54 am »
 :@#\  Hmmm, Now I hate myself for making my most active char an atheïst  X-/
Anyways  :thumbup: Great stroy writing You got there  \\o//

And if I understand it correctly it's gonna be an secret guild right? So who cares that the name 'looks' like another guild name? You can't see it, and if so, I don't think they will tell you IC they they belong to the Black Flames religion...(yes people, even if it isn't a secret guild, still there is no big green neon sign floating above your head saying I'm a (whater your guild is) If it does that's just bad RPing  :thumbdown: ) I think if you want to find out if some one is a BlackFlame, you just have to find out  :detective:  ;)

Again Anyways (yes I just learnt a new word  :P ) Keep up the work, It would make the game more excitinger when we have some Darkish/evilish/whateverish guild from wich everybody, even your friends be a part of, and you do't even know it...  :devil:
 :thumbup: Péace out!
^^

Kymizer

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2006, 09:30:48 am »
This is with your new character right Mer?

I wish you good luck, and I will keep in touch!

Kyzer
Kyzer
The Blue Dragons Clan
The Dragon Council

DaveG is the greatest...
Quote from: DaveG
Dude, you have issues...

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2006, 06:19:24 pm »
I am not at liberty to say wich characters of mine are Dark Flame if any. ;)

PS to Socius: You can always say your character was only ACTING like an atheïst. ;)

Anyhow never understood the atheïst sort of thinking in Yliakum. Atheïst after all means you believe there is no godlike existance. Still the majority says they are atheïst while Talad and Laanx are kind of hard to deny.

And to counter an argument I could see coming: olympian stylegods do fall under godlike existance, not just the allmighty and allknowing god believed in by the christian, jewish or islamic faith.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 06:31:34 pm by Pestilence »

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Wibble myself: 17years I was gone, give or take
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 06:47:14 am »
I said My 'most active char' was atheïst   ;)
Maybe, just maybe  ;) I have some more chars, because now after somebody reads your post they think Soc is in... Maybe I'm maybe not...  :devil: that's what so fun about this guild, Everybody can be one, or not, and I guess that Atheïsts aren't that save for this guild  :P
And about that deny thingie, like governments, everbody can deny everything  ;D

And about that 'almost everybody is Atheïst' thingie: there are two kinds of Atheïsts:
1. the ones that 'not believe in a god(s)/god like creature(s) (lesser Atheïst, also called agnosts I think)
2. the ones that 'believe there's/are no god(s)/god like creature(s) ('true' Atheïst)
I think most people In Yliakum who say they aer atheïsts are the first one, they just don't care that much   ::)
 :whistling:  just wanted to clear that up...

Again good luck with it ;D
 :thumbup: Péace out!
^^

Alhana

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2006, 09:21:21 am »
Alhana dosent to react to the information brought to her in the Deathrealm.  The only indication there maybe a slight interest is her mouth which twitches from a failed smile.  She only speaks a few words to her minions before her...

"Their eyes will be windows.  Watch and open."

The minions nod and leave. 

Once alone, many thoughts cross her mind cutting through the ever whispering tormented souls within and around her.  Though one is pondered more than others... how will they stand out from the many who walk such a path?.