Author Topic: Hierarchy atrocities  (Read 9923 times)

Phinehas

Re: Hierarchy atrocities
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2006, 02:12:09 pm »
It's your observations I take issue with, not your ideals.
Ah. Well in that case I have nothing to say to you. Take issue with them all you like.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2006, 04:20:38 pm »
It's your observations I take issue with, not your ideals.
Ah. Well in that case I have nothing to say to you. Take issue with them all you like.

I'm not sure what just happened here. ???
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Gwinn Ravenn

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Gwinn (ravenn) Frawd
    • View Profile
    • Sapere Magi current events web page
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2007, 03:18:05 pm »
the council function as guide to a particular function of the guilds goal. they guide, they teach that aspect. the members themselves participate in every role, every function of the guild they can and should be encouraged to participate in what ever job they wish.

for example. the Tempelli in our guild is skillined in crafting. It is their job to help all members with all things crafting. as well they cordinate crafting projects for the guild.

I must point out all aspects of life in our world are encouraged, however members can specilize in a way/field/path.In this way when they are profecient they too can assist helping members newer or less skilled then them.

The council oversees those functions of guild life. They do not rule or command anyone.
Treasury. the guild treasury is exactly that, the guilds property. Our council has to be the poorest in the land, tho our treasury is very stable. it is the Master Merchants job to oversee the health of the treasury. The treasury is their for its members. to see that they have food, clothing, weapons and can afford training. when the treasury is in surplus we have givin stipens to the active members.
 Our council works very hard for it members, we are their for them, not the other way around.

Garris Shrike

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • The Mad Irishman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2007, 12:48:15 pm »
Good post, Phinehas. Our guild has now began the process of figuring out duties for each rank, that not all of them could be useless. Thanks for the post, keep up the work.
Garris Shrike.
A lady's man. That lady's friend's man. That lady's friend's sister's man.
He will be missed.
M. R., also known as Lurch

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2007, 01:03:44 pm »
Good post, Phinehas. Our guild has now began the process of figuring out duties for each rank, that not all of them could be useless. Thanks for the post, keep up the work.

I'm sorry, but Phinehas is no longer a part of the Planeshift community.  He decided to leave some time ago.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Garris Shrike

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • The Mad Irishman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2007, 02:47:34 pm »
 :oops:

It's still a good post. Pity he left.
Garris Shrike.
A lady's man. That lady's friend's man. That lady's friend's sister's man.
He will be missed.
M. R., also known as Lurch

Phinehas

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2007, 03:50:41 am »
Aww... I'm touched. And stuff.

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2007, 05:21:42 am »

Ah! I knew I'd get him back!
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2007, 10:06:04 am »
Good job Parallo. You'll be promoted for that.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

lordraleigh

« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2007, 12:56:36 pm »

It's just a matter of time now...
* lordraleigh gets cover and readies himself, waiting for Phinehas to strike again on Planeshift forums

BTW here are some of the "best" guild threads here:

http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=27693.0

http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=27189.0

Disclaimer: the following one is just a joke - http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=27729.0

lordraleigh

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2007, 01:05:02 pm »
* lordraleigh raises his glock 20c against Nikodemus "Put your hands up punk! You are under arrest for murder!"

However, I would stay away from democratic-type voting systems. They tend to be rather messy and impractical in the guild context.

I created a way of removing most of bureaucracy on a "democratic" system, basically it works by three points and merges some elements of direct democracy with others of representative democracy(Of course on a guild where the members don't care on exercing their right to vote, the guildleader would be the effective authority using this system). It obviously works better if the guild has a forum:

1) Voting is not mandatory and takes 2 days for a project/decision/etc to be approved, the accounted votes during these 2 days will be the basis for whether such will be approved or not, except if the number of people that voted is less than 20% of all the members, in such case:

2) The president(guildleader - elected) will decide on whether it should be approved or not, and also the president has autonomy for taking decisions, but most decisions taken must be informed and if more than 50% vote against it in the period of 1 day after its announcement, the decision will be blocked.

3) A specialized elected administrative council passes ideas directly to the president's approval, and also passes their proposals to the members for voting.

The problem is that there is no way of creating a voting-based permission on "Invite" an such other things on the Permissions tab of the guild menu, thus OOC the authority on the guild needs to be concentrated on the "president" and in some kind "vice-president" or it would become total chaos as people could take decisions like inviting people to it without the approval of others.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 01:09:12 pm by lordraleigh »

Phinehas

« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2009, 03:48:55 pm »
*bump*

I know that's not really an accepted practice, but I can't help thinking that a lot of the current guilds I'm seeing in the forums could benefit from reading this thread, and since it's last post was over two years ago, it's unlikely that people will simply stumble across it.

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2009, 09:28:31 pm »
Explain why, bumpy.

Phinehas

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2009, 01:08:48 am »
Why what? Why the guilds could benefit from it? That seems pretty obvious. Admittedly I haven't looked into it thoroughly, but the few guild threads I've checked out recently don't seem to have put a whole lot of thought into their structures. Now, usually I'd denounce them thoroughly and generally make their lives miserable until they reformed. However, I'm not really "here," so I figured it'd at least be nice if they had some guidelines that'd help them think critically about it.

Also, although I don't particularly expect it to happen, it seems to me that this thread, and other threads specifically regarding guilds might fit better in the guild board, despite this being the guide board.