Author Topic: Ylian Heavy armor?  (Read 1956 times)

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
  • "You can't Squeeze Blood from a stone."
    • View Profile
Re: Ylian Heavy armor?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 01:38:18 am »
I don't think we've heard from that prospect in a while, though I could be mistaken. The mesh was a lot of fun to texture, and I hope we'll see more material from him soon.

If i knew how to make stuff like that i would, unless there is some kind of tutorial.

Is it hard to make?

What program do you use?

My computer is high end, so i dont' need to worry about being able to run it, i'm sure i can run it, it's knowing how to use it that's the problem.

If it seems easy, i'll tweak around with the program a bit, and make an enkidukai Heavy plate armor.

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

Quote from: svuun
I adopt Karyuu.  She might not be new but her skin is so supple, soft and n00b like....  :sweatdrop:

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 01:45:45 am »
You have to know how to 3D model to create armor meshes - the most common programs used for this are 3ds Max or Blender (the latter is a free application). To create armor meshes you need to get your hands on the originals in editable format, so you can change it while making sure that it will fit, which are in Talad's possession only - so if anyone wants to contribute with this, they really have to apply to the team, which would mean already having a good portfolio to show.

There are a ton of 3D tutorials online, and as for it being easy - it really depends. Some people pick up on it immediately (usually those who already have some art skills) and others may need to really practice day and night before making something really good. There's no harm in trying it out, at least, so give Blender a download, follow some lessons, and see what models you can come up with :} After you're confident in your skills, send in that application.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 01:51:03 am »
You have to know how to 3D model to create armor meshes - the most common programs used for this are 3ds Max or Blender (the latter is a free application). To create armor meshes you need to get your hands on the originals in editable format, so you can change it while making sure that it will fit, which are in Talad's possession only - so if anyone wants to contribute with this, they really have to apply to the team, which would mean already having a good portfolio to show.

There are a ton of 3D tutorials online, and as for it being easy - it really depends. Some people pick up on it immediately (usually those who already have some art skills) and others may need to really practice day and night before making something really good. There's no harm in trying it out, at least, so give Blender a download, follow some lessons, and see what models you can come up with :} After you're confident in your skills, send in that application.

Response to first paragraph:
Sent in my application, no word yet, still waiting.

Response to second paragraph: Yea i'll give blender a try and i'll buy :sweatdrop: 3Ds max, lol, hint hint wink wink.

I'll see how good i get at it, hopefully good enough to make some nice H.A armor.

By the way, Can you apply to 2 different Positions?

I applied to Settings, when i'm good at Art, should i re apply to the art department?

If i can't re apply, What should i do if i ever get good with this art program?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 01:52:56 am by Datruth »
Truth To Disbelief

I adopt Karyuu.  She might not be new but her skin is so supple, soft and n00b like....  :sweatdrop:

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 01:53:37 am »
Generally you have to choose what you want to do more - multitasking can be fun, but it's rarely successful, and you can contribute a lot more by concentrating in one area. In order to be allowed to do more than one thing across departments like that, you have to prove that you're really awesome incredible good.

Gondric

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 02:06:01 am »
lol with the meshs its incredible. the bit around the head is perfectly shaped for a helmet :)

dying_inside

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 04:14:21 am »
Holy mother 'o' Moly....
That looks ^*%$ing sweet, to be honest. 
*runs around maniacly like a 6 year old on crack*

peeg

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 04:21:17 am »
* peeg wonders why it took so long until someone finally noticed the guy with the new armor, erm .. anyway:

Looks great!
Can't wait to see more new Skins/Meshes/Items ingame - i really like the way the devs place small hidden previews ingame ;)
BTW: Krans seem to be the only "naked" race ingame. Is there anyone who's working on Skins/Meshes for 'em?

Greetings
[ PSde ] - Join the german community!
Peeg Chaoswind - Mentor in The Rangers Of Yliakum

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 04:22:46 am »
Peeg: You should see something nice for Kran in the next client release :]

peeg

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2006, 04:23:59 am »
* peeg bows to Karyuu "That's what i call an insanely fast answer! Yay!"

\\o//
[ PSde ] - Join the german community!
Peeg Chaoswind - Mentor in The Rangers Of Yliakum

Anne Ominous

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2006, 04:43:10 am »
* Anne Ominous hugs everyone in sight!! Magic getting  tweaked & a kran visual change!!! Happy day, Now all i have to do is wait for the release of next update & NBC's release off it's new show Heroes & i will be on my way to happyland!

dying_inside

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2006, 08:42:26 am »
* dying_inside Quivers excitedly

Kran based things?
>insert a rather manic grin here<  :woot:

Soulless_Body

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2006, 12:24:16 pm »
WOW just wow!!! That armour just looks so cool!

Click the link  and enter your pass, user name for loads of free tria and greats guides.
http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/1638/youare6ml.swf

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2006, 12:57:20 am »
I'm curios about the KRan armor.

Will they be getting all the l.a's and our M.a's.

Or will they only get Light armor skins?
Truth To Disbelief

Gondric

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2006, 02:10:14 am »
i thought they wernt gonna get leather armor only the metal stoof.
thoughts of a kran: im a big rock maybe if i get some leather and cover myself with it ill be better defendedĀ  ;D

Edit maybe a little bit..... so small u wouldnt notice so inciwincitiny.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 02:20:42 am by Gondric »

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2006, 08:33:56 am »
* Pestilence drools

Well even if it's not working why not give it to all the guards? They deserve the best armor and would definately love seeing such things often :D