Author Topic: PlaneShift ? Quest of Lineage  (Read 897 times)

kinshadow

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
PlaneShift ? Quest of Lineage
« on: February 11, 2003, 04:48:32 pm »
As promised long ago, here is an edited version of the short story that I posted in the \"famous \" thread of the PS General Discussion forum:

http://www.tritek.com/dev/planeshift/ps_story_01.pdf

I figured that I better post this before my mind gets corrupted by NDA material and I am tempted to change the story with non-public info.  I\'m not sure if many people read it the first time (only two responded), but I would appreciate it if any of you guys interested in PS fiction would give me your thoughts/criticisms.

Rakeleer

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 08:25:46 pm »
I enoyed the read very much.

I would like to see a little more \'behind the scenes\' action with Kinshadow before Aluria is introduced, perhaps hinting just a little at what motives he has for the collection of the rods.

I thought the battle at the tomb with the two Kran and the sorceress was well done, and that the presentation of so many of PS\'s races was fun. :)
Grub first, then ethics.

kinshadow

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 12:28:38 am »
Originally posted by Rakeleer
I would like to see a little more \'behind the scenes\' action with Kinshadow before Aluria is introduced, perhaps hinting just a little at what motives he has for the collection of the rods.

Well, I\'ve done the preliminary work for the second short story.  It will take place a year after the first story, during Asuria\'s and Surin\'s time at the Academy.  While focusing on Asuria, it will give a glimpse of Kinshadow\'s intensions and what he gains from the Soul Rods.  I have planned it to be about twice as long as the first and the plot will be considerably deeper.

Then again, I\'m not sure when I\'ll have enough time to pull it all together and I may have to end up having to clear future stories with Talad.

Shaded

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2003, 08:26:24 am »
hmm i enjoyed the stories, (:( had no time to read them all) but please, someone has a clue, if there is all of such work listed somewhere?
or r there any lists of obejcts that will b or r already implemented into the game? i mean everything is welcome as book isn\'t it? so perhaps if there would already some plants b implemented we could write an alchemy book for creating portions. or if there would b a list of objects needed for smithing we could write a smith guide, miner guide, whatever... so anything like that available? on the other hand i wonder if the developers would find it intresting to implement such features... just thinking of the coding of the alchemy part is already huge. this reminds me a bit of morrowind u would like to have books similar to that game?
don\'t argue with fools, first they pull u down to their level, then they beat u with experience.

Dirk McDirk Pants

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2003, 12:16:42 pm »
I wanted to read it, but I dont have acrobat. Anyone know where to get it?

kinshadow

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2003, 12:18:07 pm »
Originally posted by Shaded
hmm i enjoyed the stories, (:( had no time to read them all) but please, someone has a clue, if there is all of such work listed somewhere?
or r there any lists of obejcts that will b or r already implemented into the game? i mean everything is welcome as book isn\'t it? so perhaps if there would already some plants b implemented we could write an alchemy book for creating portions. or if there would b a list of objects needed for smithing we could write a smith guide, miner guide, whatever... so anything like that available? on the other hand i wonder if the developers would find it intresting to implement such features... just thinking of the coding of the alchemy part is already huge. this reminds me a bit of morrowind u would like to have books similar to that game?

Well, if your talking about in-game books, I would stay away from writing anything that has to do with \"rules\".  Mining, alchemy, etc. are all systems being worked and not yet  released to the public.  Thus, if you have idea about those, please put that in the wish list forum.  ParaSite\'s thread was calling for \"general\" books.  Tales, mini-histories, fables, all set in the PS world and based off info on the website fit in this.  My story was a probably a little more \"out there\" (in size and content) than most in-game books.  

If you wanted to do a non-rule-specific \'miner\'s guide\' (or whatever), that may be interesting.   Just talk about tools, known metals, cave formations, etc.  Just don\'t refer to anything \"game specific\" that isn\'t on the main website. I.E., you can refer to the Stone Labrynths on a place to mine, but don\'t give specific names and places there... just refer to general cave formations.  \"Sedimentation can flow over the richest vains, so it is sometimes wise to remove a few layers to see the tale the rock holds.\" or one a little closer to the \'rules\' edge : \"The best mining spots may lie on slippery terain.  This can be combated with spiked shoes or building a mining platform.\"

kinshadow

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2003, 12:21:09 pm »
Originally posted by Dirk McDirk Pants
I wanted to read it, but I dont have acrobat. Anyone know where to get it?

If you are in MS Windows, go here.  If you use Linux/Unix, get \'xpdf\' from your source of choice.  
« Last Edit: March 31, 2003, 06:29:27 pm by kinshadow »

kinshadow

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2003, 05:10:49 pm »
Sorry to bump my own story, but I was wondering if anyone else had read it.  If so, I am always open to criticism.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 12:33:58 pm by kinshadow »

neotepz

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2004, 09:49:17 am »
i like the story link you posted above mate, very good, involving characters, good description and wanted to read it all and never hoped it would end ;) although i would emplore you to write a big battle scene :D
Sengoku - Ashigaru Samurai of the Kenzuke Guild

Umpapa

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2004, 12:11:10 am »
I think that the chracter stories add alot of flare to the atmosphere of the game. keep it up.
Umpa is an
Archeologist/Treasure hunter  by profession
Seek the path of the greatest rewards, but never forget the efforts and reasons behind why the reward was hidden. Knowledge exist only as long as it is shared.