Author Topic: Moving Death Realm Portal  (Read 1092 times)

grenkar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Moving Death Realm Portal
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 11:28:42 am »
 :thumbup:That's brilliant.  You wake up in a little shelf! ;D

Jauffre Martin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 01:58:12 pm »
Great idea there. and you could make it a quest (priest profession maybe?) to pick up dead bodies and bring 'em back home. It'd terrify novice priests out of their wits to be walking along in a forest with a recently picked up dead body and it starts moving when the char comes back from the DR :woot:
Oh and you could make it so that if he takes too long bring it back he gets cursed or haunted by dead spirits or the body he's carrying gets reanimated    X-/ X-/ :o

Excessive smileys removed.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 02:19:13 pm by Karyuu »

morgondor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 02:58:36 pm »
great ^^ do it :p
people are using the death realm to travel faster!!! don't let them!!!
make it more permanent so they are carefull and they will have to roleplay about being afraid to die  :devil:
good idea about the staircases but a living labyrinth would be great too :whistling:

Narure

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 03:35:05 pm »
All the ideas are good i think so just roll them up in a ball and make it happen. And if it does we all know it will happen Soon(tm) ;D

RayvenD

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Feelin' the funk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 04:28:10 pm »
All the ideas are good i think so just roll them up in a ball and make it happen. And if it does we all know it will happen Soon(tm) ;D

Haha, funny. I think the main issue with the deathrealm is that there is nothing going on there, if anybody is is like me you run straight for the exit maybe stopping to kill the carkarass but even then that's pretty pointless as it isn't hard to kill, then you go straight out again. if there were deathrealm quests or at least something to do there maybe people wouldn't see it as just a shortcut 'home' as it were.
Let it whip!

Hear me sing www.myspace.com/diamonddobb

grenkar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 04:53:02 pm »
once again, I'm pretty sure that the devs are trying to build upon the death realm so that there certainly will be more to do there. eventually.

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2006, 04:54:19 pm »
Haha, funny. I think the main issue with the deathrealm is that there is nothing going on there, if anybody is is like me you run straight for the exit maybe stopping to kill the carkarass but even then that's pretty pointless as it isn't hard to kill, then you go straight out again. if there were deathrealm quests or at least something to do there maybe people wouldn't see it as just a shortcut 'home' as it were.
They will make the quests, explore what is new, but still if they want to get to their home town fast, they just walk through DR as fast as they can.

We have there some funny economic behaviour. The only hides buyer is in Ojaveda, so if you want to sell them, you have to go there. But instead, you can wait for an enkidukai shouting that he/she will buy hides and go back to what you was doing ;) What will the enkidukai do once full? /die, fast trip through DR to Ojaveda, to hides buyer and back, this time in traditional way ;P.

There are even advantages xP
- there are more enkidukais in Ojaveda (in some other topic someone was complaining about it =))
- you gain a bit more PC based economy

What you can failure tommorow, failure today.

Better click for shiny stylez Help me with images!

The Shadow Nose

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 04:44:09 am »
Hmmm... ever played the game Fate? its a sort of neat game you can download from Wildtangent or whatever. I got it bundled on my HP laptop when I bought it.

Anyway, its a dungeoncrawler and one neat thing is when you die the ghost of Fate appears and gives you a choice: [not sure if these are exact]

Either pay him about 1/4 of your current money and he will restore you to about half heath on the previous floor.

Give up some XP and 1/10 of your money and he will restore you to full health at the exact same place you died at.

If you leave all your money where you die, he will restore you to full strength and return you to town, you can then rush down the dungeon to the spot you died and get all your money back. If you take too long, you lose it all

====

Basically, you get a choice on what you want. Imagine in Planeshift if you could opt to just pay a fine and then return to the action or had to complete a quest in the DR to be returned at a place of your choice or something... or take the run to the portal and wind up who-knows where.

Anyway, random thought thay wasprobably already thought [didn't read much in the topic sadly]

morgondor

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 10:45:10 am »
it's nice but the death realm is better i think..
it's a rough choice shadow
but i think people would rather get lost in a death realm than die and revive instantly

but i think people would rather get lost in a death realm than die and revive instantly
=> my labyrinth idea  :P

The Shadow Nose

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2006, 02:48:07 pm »
Well, I was thinking more in the manner that a person could talk to one of the NPCs in the DR such as the ones in the library and the room near it. Perhaps one of them knows a special shortcut to another portal or something like that.

So its more like after you die, you run over to one of the NPCs and pay them some money or take on a quest to be revived quicker or be revived to a place you want to go.

You could run through the course for free or pay a fee to be revived a little sooner.

Jauffre Martin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2006, 11:47:00 am »
Ooh, just had a thought. Don't yliakumians drop their cadavers down huge holes? That would sort of rule out the whole body-stays-in-one-place thing.  :oops:

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2006, 01:00:49 pm »
yeah, those without aura for sure, Those with aura, nobody can touch, expect the DR servants who i gave as idea. Its what for they would supposed to be anyway, to take the body in place nobody will complain about and where they wll be safe, along with some pact.

What you can failure tommorow, failure today.

Better click for shiny stylez Help me with images!