Author Topic: [RP] Hydlaa's Crafts and Wares Fair  (Read 1876 times)

zhai

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
[RP] Hydlaa's Crafts and Wares Fair
« on: September 20, 2006, 09:37:25 am »
Zhai enters through the North Gate after a few days away from town. Her attention is caught by two men lifting a banner above the stairs to Rinna and Boralis' Emporium. Downstairs, a very large yet short Ylian is giving them instruction in the most histrionic of ways. As he walks backwards to take a good look at the banner, he stumbles into her. He hisses immediately. "Zzzzzzz! Away with you peasant! Don't you see I'm busy! Well? Don't just stand there looking at me like that! Move on!... Shoo!". Zhai stares at the man not sure whether to laugh or not. He insists. "Shoo, I said! Sh...*ugh*", his knees bent, her hand gripping his neck tightly and his face rapidly getting all sort of colors. Then she lets go. The two men dropped the banner along with their jaws and now she can read the letters of gold as it falls down.

Hydlaa's Crafts and Wares Fair!

Hosted by Lord Baídín Fheilimí IV.

Come and see Hydlaa's finest crafts and goods

this [Saturday 30th at 15GMT]
[/size][/color]

She realizes the man she was about to beat up was no other than Lord Baídín Fheilimí himself, the famous patron of the arts and socialite, known for his passion for poetry, music, fine arts and food as well as for his active presence in Hydlaa's high society.

- A fair?- She says.

-Zzzzz! Yes, you uncivilized creature... I, Lord Baídín Fheilimí IV, will be hosting it and all of Hydlaa's finest citizens will be attending. The best crafters and the most resourceful merchants will be there showing their goods. It will be wonderful!

- Sounds like fun.

- Not for you! I will be hiring security of course! And you will not be allowed in there!

Zhai rolls her eyes and starts walking away, yet the idea of a fair does sound like fun. Many of her friends will do well showing up their crafts there. "Well, I guess I could sneak in", she thinks...

[Join the Fair! It's about time to see what our crafters can do. All merchants are welcome as well: weapons, rare items, food, whatever you want to sell. Let's see who has the best products! The fair will be held in Hydlaa's "Uptown" Gardens. Crafters and merchants can sign up here. They will each get a "stand" and they can show their wares through trade widnows. Customers can check the items' stats there and make offers if wanted. Maybe someone can volunteer for a magic show *cough*Peacer?*cough* and we can give "Master Crafter" medals too for those exceptional items (a RP item of course, which you can add to your description :P). We'll also need a law enforcement guild interested in providing security, sign up here as well. I hope to see you there!].

The Uptown Gardens:

EDIT: Time has been changed to fit non EST zones better

« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 11:25:52 am by zhai »
:: The Flaming Feather :: Lady of the Rangers ::

Haanz

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Ghi'am-Ko
Re: [RP] Hydlaa's Crafts and Wares Fair
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 09:46:03 am »
 :woot: :woot:That DOES sound like fun!!! I plan on being asleep at that time however  :'(...
the Teakettle...

zhai

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 09:50:48 am »
[I guess we can make it at 15GMT so it doesn't get too late for GMT+ zones... all suggestions are welcome]

Croconil

• Hydlaa Notable
  • <3 Peacer!
    • View Profile
    • Talk Box
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 10:14:33 am »
[I guess we can make it at 15GMT so it doesn't get too late for GMT+ zones... all suggestions are welcome]

I could probably make it. Hopefully.

If I can I will be security for you?

Peacer

• Veteran
  • I've got balls of steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 01:30:44 am »
* Peacer bows to zhai "You have found yourself a volounteer m'lady"

i can't wait for the fair to start \o/
The Guardians of Power

left the game, looking in now and then to check progress, if you want to contact me use the email attached to the msn contact on this forum account

Eliseth

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Spiffirific
    • View Profile
    • Eliseth's Journal
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 03:12:36 am »
I'll try to be there

Nilrem

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 06:38:20 am »
:) Good to see an event that tries to have some background for it. Not just the call to the crowd to come and do whatever, but at least some "dress" to try to justify why that is happening, where's the origin of it.
The addition of the merchant character, trying to advertize his emporium with the big signs,   comes to differentiate this from other similar events just to sell stuff. It's not that you've to create a complex story nor anything, just put a detail that adds that portion of "truth" to the advertized event.

May further events follow this same steps. I wish you all good luck and a joyful time. ]
Are there any MoonSeekers left?

Haanz

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Ghi'am-Ko
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 07:05:44 am »
[I can make 15 GMT! :D]
the Teakettle...

AljoshaNL

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 10:26:44 am »
Can't be there, too late for me   :(

Giniley

zhai

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 11:26:41 am »
[Ok. the time has been changed now in the first post. It will be held at 15GMT]

*Zhai gives Peacer a thank you card and loaf of bread! Yay, magic!*

Indygo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 10:49:40 pm »
[I need three spots please  :D  The Frawd's, Eid and Gwinn as well as myself would like to host some games to bring some entertainment to the fair.  Step right up folks and take Indy's tria!  \\o// ]
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 10:51:44 pm by Indygo »
DISCLAIMER: If you find a posting or message from me
offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a posting, complain to
me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate... ;-)

Croconil

• Hydlaa Notable
  • <3 Peacer!
    • View Profile
    • Talk Box
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 04:34:37 am »
Ok. I got the new time. I might be able to make it, but Im sorry if I cant.

Peacer

• Veteran
  • I've got balls of steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 01:43:47 am »
ok now i've thought up a show, but i'll need two assisting mages for this, basically people who have pl'ed all magic ways, not to max though.

@nilrem: agreed, to many events have been started like that <.<...
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 08:14:17 am by Peacer »
The Guardians of Power

left the game, looking in now and then to check progress, if you want to contact me use the email attached to the msn contact on this forum account

zhai

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2006, 06:48:43 pm »
A band of men dressed in silk and baring the sybol of House Fheilimi walk down the streets of Hydlaa, shouting at the top of their lungs.

Don't miss the Fair!
Come to the Fair!
Lord Baidin Fheilimi IV invites you all!
Come to the fair!
Hydlaa's Crafts and Wares!
[/b]
[/color]

Contemplating the fire in his studio, Lord Baidin Fheilimi is interrupted by a servant bringing some wine and grapes. The shouting in the street has become rather annoying.

- Sire?- The servant says.

- Yes?- Says Lord Fheilimi softly, almost as if absent.

- Er... Isn't it a little... unconventional for someone of your... stature... to... er... invite... er... everyone in town?

- Huh?

- The... commoners, sir... they... will... come...

- Oh, yesss... I hope so... invite them all.

The servant looks at him confused yet his master is already lost in his thoughts again, staring at the fire...

[Don't miss it! Everyone's welcome. We'll have items, weapons, food, games and more. SATURDAY 30, 15 GMT - 10am EST]

Croconil

• Hydlaa Notable
  • <3 Peacer!
    • View Profile
    • Talk Box
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2006, 06:53:55 pm »
Don't Miss it! It's Tommorrow!

:sorcerer: