Author Topic: [RP] Hydlaa's Crafts and Wares Fair  (Read 1875 times)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: [RP] Hydlaa's Crafts and Wares Fair
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 12:36:45 am »
Oh, what a great idea! How could I miss this thread so long?!

Probably because "Show unread posts since last visit." is always empty, except when I enter the board from a mail notification.

Count me as visitor, maybe even customer. But I am not at all a great crafter...
__

Just one point of criticism: "Gamma correction" for screenshots, please...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

daehaz

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 12:50:56 pm »
As people start falling sick and even dying, someone watches from the top of the tower. He smiles over the interrupted fair as he chants in a strange language: "Daennor angamarath Gorhoth Guliant".

zhai

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2006, 04:56:55 pm »
Back in his manor, Lord Fheilimi sobs helplessly.

- Why?! Oh, why?! Why would anyone do something like this???- he cries

- But sir, don't feel bad, you were tricked. Someone poisoned your ale...- the servant replies.

- Oh! What am I going to do now! My reputation is ruined! Ruined!

- Oh, no, no, sir... you need to do something else now, a better event, a bigger event...

- No, no, no. I shall leave town and meet my end away from civilization... *sniff*

- Please, sir. Reconsider... it was probably one of those peasants...

- Yes! Yes! Those commoners! It's their fault! What was I thinking, inviting everyone in town?! That's proposterous!- he pauses for a second- But... now that I think about it... the hole idea of a fair is so... unlike me... where's the fashion? where's the glamour? where's the VIP area? What was I thinking???

The servant shrugs, staring at his master. Lord Fheilimi turns around, still thoughtful. His eyes on the fire.

- Who put this idea in my head?- He says.- But nevermind! I will prevail! As Laanx is my witness, as Laanx is my witness they're not going to lick me! I'm going to live through this and when it's all over, I'll never be hungry again! No, nor any of my folk. If I have to lie, steal, cheat or kill! As Laanx is my witness, I'll never be hungry again!

[Thanks to all those who participated. Venae, Einnol, Indygo, Eid, Gwinn, Hasseo and Wryth: thank you for showing your wares. Peacer & Co: thank you for the magic show. Hope you had a good time.]
:: The Flaming Feather :: Lady of the Rangers ::

Croconil

• Hydlaa Notable
  • <3 Peacer!
    • View Profile
    • Talk Box
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2006, 05:32:40 pm »
How did it go? Im sorry I missed it :(

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2006, 01:56:05 am »
The fair was a little thin. But nevertheless, people really prepared well. At lease Erelenga enjoyed it, and surely many more visitors. Sir Beliy even won a good amount from a game held by Indygo. So it went just great.

In the beginning at least... Then people realised that the free drinks Baidin (the organiser) offered, were poisoned.

But if there was a watcher in the shadows, then it was probably not his fault...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2006, 02:01:55 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Lomerandin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2006, 09:55:47 am »
In the gloom of the Death Realm, Wildan tries to come to terms with his recent demise. Wandering aimlessly through the Citadel, he keeps having the same thoughts.

"Why me? What have I done to this poisoner? I don't remember selling a fake steel weapon to anyone, not that I would. Well, even if I had, that kind of reaction would be out of proportion. I just don't get it.

"Who would be cruel enough to kill randomly so many people? He obviously spiked the drinks, so anyone could have been a victim. Thank Talad there weren't so many at the fair!

"Well, why would this murderer do so anyway? I just don't get it!

"And above all, Ebrasch owes me some Trias..."
Currently playing as Lornindol the Wayfarer and Wildan Alozza

For you French speakers  : Chroniques des Jours Anciens - Naturalistes, pas naturistes

daehaz

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2006, 01:01:26 am »
Somewhere in the death realm, Daehaz awaits. The call has been made. The vessels will come. The poison not only provoked unbearable pain and, in most cases, death but also allowed Daehaz to draw the energy he needed all along. "The Collective is coming. Now's the time.", he whispers. Closing his eyes, he reaches out with his mind, sending a message to those weak against greed and hate. "Let the vessels come".

« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 01:07:58 am by daehaz »