Author Topic: The furnace is full!  (Read 1211 times)

Shangreloo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
The furnace is full!
« on: October 03, 2006, 08:02:06 am »
Can the ore and bars in the Hydlaa smithing furnace be cleaned out?
There was only one slot left open this morning and no one around was smelting.
Some of these have been there for a while, ie: more than a couple days.
There are three kinds of people in this world.
Those who understand numbers and those who don't.

Syilph

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: The furnace is full!
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 08:06:59 am »
The items popped into existence after the bug regarding the decay of items in the furnace was fixed. The items that players lost during server crashes reappeared and now we have a new bug :P. Let's hope the developpers will fix that soon ;)

Shangreloo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 08:19:16 am »
Yeah, I had a short sword I had crafted disappear from my inventory during a recent crash only to reappear on the crafting table a couple days later. And there have been weird things popping up on the crafting table, like leather leggings.  ::|

That said however, some of the items have been in the Hydlaa and Oja furnaces, etc for a while, ie: more than a few days.
There are three kinds of people in this world.
Those who understand numbers and those who don't.

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 09:06:34 am »
It's not a bug, it's completely to be expected. There's just a whole lot of previously missing items in the database.
Look here for more info.
Either the necessary column needs to be wiped, or someone will have to clean the furnaces manually.
The most easiest way to get rid of this is to wipe the database of course, but some people won't like that ;)
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

Einnol

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Plakkem Hverrjanor Guild
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 11:36:47 am »
My understanding of how the system was supposed to work is that items left too long in the forge or furnace would turn to dust first, then nothingness and that items left in other containers (table, quench, stock caster) would become 'public property' after a while and anyone could take them.

It seems to me that server crashes interfere with the timer that controls this 'self-cleaning' feature.  Maybe that countdown timer should be initialized for items in these containers as part of the server boot process (or is the timer at the client level?).

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 11:47:39 am »
its definetly serverside and i agree that at every server restart, any item whic is in furnance should become public property, or land in the owner inventory to avoid problems with people who was just smelting whne the server crshed. And the timer should be present ;)

What you can failure tommorow, failure today.

Better click for shiny stylez Help me with images!

Bereror

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Planeshift API
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 12:20:19 pm »
There is a timer. The problem is that it stops when the client who left the items there logs out or crashes.
PlaneShift Sources
PlaneShift API
"Words never spoken
Are the strongest resounding"

Meserlion

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2006, 03:29:54 am »
Just make it so that if you are offline you cant have things in the furnace. The problem is that the things in the furnace does not age because the players stuff is frosen in time because the are not online. Either change that or let it be spit out if the player loggs off. I hope the developers read this

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2006, 11:33:18 am »
let it be spit out if the player loggs off

I can imagine people then taking it on themselves to stand around the containers waiting for someones client to crash or their connction to die and then grab their stuff

"May there only be peaceful and cheerful Earth Days to come for our beautiful Spaceship Earth as it continues to spin and circle in frigid space with its warm and fragile cargo of animate life."

Karst

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 09:51:53 am »
Well, the furnace at Hydlaa is a bit better at this point, but the Crafting Table is completly shot....Wouldn't it be possible to set up some sort of inventory or data-base checkers where - at the daily reboot - it compares current inventory with the inventory logged at he previous reboot, and spits out or deletes what it common between both inventories??? As it is, it's hardly worth the trouble to try Crafting - either the entire database needs wiping (meaning everything everyone's worked so hard at getting is erased in one blow) or we live with the frustration of not being able to craft... X-/

Last question - what about putting filters preventing people from intentionally clogging slots with inappropriate items - re: Pants, bags, clacker legs, etc....?

Tarel

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 08:35:28 pm »
The filled craft-objects can be emptied, when the developers have run the next major update.
They have worked on the problem and made a fix.
Greetings,

Tarel Barilele

Quote from DaveG: I've said it before, and I'll say it again, please don't blame the game when you screw up.