Author Topic: You Bet  (Read 269 times)

Krann Omins

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
You Bet
« on: October 11, 2006, 04:50:46 pm »
this may be a silly idea, and perhaps itbelongs in the dead horse thread, but here it is;
How about having duels give the options Maybe or No...
the maybe-- essentially so people can negotiate a 'wager' with one another, opening a window identical to trade window... (this way you could give odds like 10-1 or just say i'll give X amount if you win, or even items)... when both accept items are stored in neither's inventory & duel starts (this also saves watching system to see when duel starts)... Not sure what to do for logoff/crash etc... i would hope return to each respectively...
This would make for some interesting 'looting' in rp as an option... one could also put 'bounties' on their own head rping that the town guard is seeking you out for being evil or such...

Also I figure with the amount of dice gambling it would give a little more variety to what to bet on, not to mention what you could get for besting different opponents in combat...

I know i had other reasons, but off the top of my head am not recalling...

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: You Bet
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 06:36:17 pm »
hmmm like the idea of somehow having a bounty on your head, but betting on a duel like that?

Krann Omins

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 06:55:01 pm »
you have a point-- maybe if a person could attach money or item/s to themself or others to go to the next player to kill them--& stuff would show in description... that could make better bounty plan...
but i still like the original idea...

Croconil

• Hydlaa Notable
  • <3 Peacer!
    • View Profile
    • Talk Box
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 11:43:53 am »
Must have seen a gazillion threads on this but The options of putting a wager on is a good idea.

Also, the bounty would also be a great idea, but, how many town guards are there. :/

Narure

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 12:13:36 pm »
Would be good for thieving. It would make them much more bothered about dying if when they died you got the item you where trying to thieve anyway.