Author Topic: Transformation  (Read 472 times)

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Transformation
« on: February 17, 2003, 04:08:35 pm »
Well, this subject have appeared in one form or another (like in \"humorus spells\" ), but I\'ve never seen a thread about it, so here goes...

One thing that I would like to see in Planeshift is Transformation, which means that you could shift shape to become something else.
I\'m not talking about shapeshifting into an innocent rock, I\'m talking about dragons, giants, lava-monsters etc. Very powerful players should be able to transform into very large creatures like enormous spiders and black dragons.
There should be 2 kinds of skills for doing this. One \"illusion\" skill (which turns you into a illusionary shell of a creature to fool the enemy, or just for fun), and one that\'s for real which means that you actually become the creature you shapeshift into. Like if you shapeshift into a dragon you should be able to fly, breath fire, use your claws and so on...
Of course this kind of transformation should be for high-levels only (if you\'re a low-level char you should only be able to transform into a spider or a bat).
What creature you become depends on what align you are. Like if you\'re a \"good\" player you will turn into a beautiful white dragon, and if you\'re a evil player you will become a horrible black dragon (not that I know anything about if there will be dragons in Planeshift :) )

BTW. I think that your align should reflect what your character looks like when you grow in level (like the creature in \"Black & White\" )
« Last Edit: May 24, 2003, 05:29:35 pm by Fanomatic2000 »

Be a member of our Mirthful community.
Join us today!   :]

Note:  This is my old account. I am now known as \"Jadd\".

EstafanCortez

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 04:16:46 pm »
i think this sounds like a great idea, i was thinking about it but i think it should come form religious, or being very one with nature like a druid instead of a scorcer, that way you couldent get the awsome spells and awsome transformation cause they would be different paths

Grey

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 10:25:55 pm »
hrm.  The more I keep hearing about these specialized abilities and such, the more I think that there should be a tiering process for skills.  Like you need to be certain levels in other skill to even put any skill into the higher level skill.  The ability to truly change into another creature should be like this.  Perhaps you have to have level 10 in animal training, 5 in survivalism, and 15 in some natural magic skill or something like that.  
\"All that seperates them from the shambling walk of the zombie are the quiet lies the Locust tells\" -Harlan Ellison

Barak

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2003, 10:51:10 pm »
Sounds cool. I really like the idea of them appearing like your alignment.

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2003, 05:03:26 am »
I\'m not so sure about players turning into stronger creatures by using a spell. Wouldn\'t it encourage everyone to be mages just for that extra boost? If this spell were to be put in the game, it would only bee fair to the weeaker player if this spell took a short while to perform and was extremely difficult to perform. On the other hand, if the transformation depended on skill level it wouldn\'t be so bad. So if you were a level 1 mage, you could only turn to rats and stuff, but if you were like lvl. 55 you would probably already be stronger anyway.

P.S. I\'m aware there are no \"levels\" in the game.

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2003, 06:34:36 am »
You\'re right about the level thing (but since it\'s more simple that way, let\'s use it anyway) ;)
Well, a mage is a distance-fighter right? (if he isn\'t a battle-mage of course) Well, think like this. If you turn into a dragon you have many advantages, but you have disadvantages as well. You\'re superior in strength, but since you\'re so large you don\'t have the possibility to hide. You can use fire, but you cannot use as many spells as you can when you\'re in natural shape.
When you\'ve transformed yourself into a dragon you should be forced to keep that form for a while. That way you cannot change from dragon to mouse in a second  :)
The time it takes to perform the spell should depend on what level the mage is.
When Ganon in Zelda: ocarina of time,  (the bad guy in the game) dies, he transforms into a pretty big monster. I wanna see something like that, so if a high-level (I know) mage is slain he can use his last breath to turn into a monster. What monster he becomes depends on what lvl, and align he is.
If he\'s a \"good\" mage he will turn into an angel for example, and if he\'s evil he will actually ressurect and become a giant demon or something like that.
The form only last for some minutes thought. Then you will fall into the \"death-kingdom\". If you want to keep the form you\'ll have to own a certain item to stay in that shape.

Be a member of our Mirthful community.
Join us today!   :]

Note:  This is my old account. I am now known as \"Jadd\".

Lozza123

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2003, 04:50:55 pm »
You mean to say that we must all live in fear of the almighty giant chicken?  I weep in despair of the day when I shall meet the farmyard dark lord!!!  ;(
Don\'t be brash and take that stash of hash you found in the trash, it won\'t get you cash but you will dash out to splash something on the nasty rash it gives you.  

Nadius

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
LOL
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2003, 06:52:21 pm »
lol id like to see a giant chicken....hehehehehe

ok now on the subjectid like to turn people into stuff for a little while.  yust a temperaroy change poof your a chicken

id be cool

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2003, 07:18:34 pm »
A pretty stupid idea I have, but possible. Is that spells like mesmerize (that I hate) are replaced by spells like change to chicken (as a chicken you get really low attack values, really high dodge values, and no armor?so if you get hit?it is really bad) so the idea is that you run away till it wares off,  but unlike fear or mezz you keep control of your character and it is not sitting there to be slaughtered.

But since this will usually be used on NPCs I?m not sure if they care about not being in line for the slaughter?I just hated it in other games.
-Paxx

Nadius

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
lol
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2003, 09:31:52 pm »
lol you sound like a eq player that played on a pk server ... i agree mez sux and i never liked being feared... whirl till you hurl...... anywaws

i kinda ment like shrink works making you smaller instead change you into a a creature just an illusion no real stat changes just a look ....

how you wou like to be beatten by a chicken??