Author Topic: [Guild] The Imperial Trades  (Read 4593 times)

Natrina

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Dark Empire
[Guild] The Imperial Trades
« on: October 16, 2006, 04:38:44 pm »
    Introduction

The Imperial Trades (IT) is an organization created to give birth to, develop and support the Dark Empire's economy. In order to do such, the IT specializes in production, transportation and trade of goods, and most of our services will be extended to commoners as well.

Website Section: here
    Forums: here

The Structure

The IT, following the Dark Empire's tradition, has an Aspirant Process (Recruit and Apprentices Ranks, in our case). Then, we have two full-fledged ranks (Third and Fourth Ranks) and above, the Overlord. The full-fledged ranks are divided by Branch, there being Three Branches. Pay attention to the fact that no branch is worth more than the other: third ranks (Journeyman, Trader, Officer) are equivalent in terms of hierarchy and the same happens with the fourth ranked.

• The Overlord - Fifth Ranked
      The Overlord is the Founder or a person later appointed by the Founder and/or the Dark Empire's Overlord Council. It is a Branchless Rank and works a bit like the sum of all the higher ranks of each Branch (see bellow), which means the Overlord has rights and duties in the administrative, productive and businesses areas, mainly of supervision, but also of participation and organization. Politically, the Overlord is the person who writes the Imperial Trades' Document, which is the guiding document that organizes the Imperial Trades, and also the one who represents the IT in the Dark Empire's Overlord Council and in Yliakum's Society in general.

The Crafter Branch's Ranks

• Master Craftsman - Fourth Ranked
      Recognized for their great familiarity with a craft, the Masters have the duty to guide apprentices and journeymen by teaching them their craft. They are the organizers of group crafting with their Apprentices and Journeymen. To be able to ascend to this rank one must, between other requirements, create a masterpiece.

• Journeyman - Third Ranked
      A Journeyman that travels from city to city in search of better improving his skills. He participates in group crafting and is guided by the Master Craftsmen of the city he is in. Some Journeyman may one day ascend to Master Craftsman, while others either choose the free life and keep traveling about in search of further improving their skills, or take a more stable life, establishing themselves as a part of the producing chain of the Guild.

The Trader Branch's Ranks

• Head Trader - Fourth Ranked
      The Head Trader is a person skilled in the ways of trade, who has many duties depending on his job. In general, his duty is to know the best routes and contacts in order to create and maintain trade routes that produce good income. Head Traders take care of pretty much all aspects of the route and are expected to take responsibility for them in front of the assembly. To ascend to this rank it is required to propose the establishment of an important trade route and maintain it for some time.

• Trader - Third Ranked
      Living in a city center of trade, the Trader takes on jobs from the Head Trader to transport goods from one city to another and take care of smaller businesses. Some aspire to reach the rank of Head Trader, but many decide to take upon the stable life and remain as a Trader, buying a house, getting a family, a few hobbies to enjoy their time between the jobs.

The Officer Branch's Ranks

• High Officer - Fourth Ranked
      A person with great responsibilities, the High Officer is in charge of taking care of the most important things such as transactions of big importance, and organizing lower Officers to supervise the IT and do their organization jobs. To ascend to this rank one must be known as a highly trustworthy officer.

• Officer - Third Ranked
      An Officer directly takes care of the organization jobs by supervising and keeping records. He has a pretty stable life as it is rare for an Officer to walk out of a city due to their job. Some Officers work hard to make themselves electable to the High Officer rank, but most remain in the officer's life, enjoying the free study of languages and letters, some even becoming renown writers or masters of a specific language.

The Aspirant Ranks

• Apprentice - Second Ranked
      A person with some experience and time in the guild. Still has ways to go until reaching full membership and therefore works hard until the day he will be acknowledged into one of the IT's Branches.

• Recruit - First Ranked
      A person who was recently recruited into The Imperial Trades. Has to learn the guild structure, hierarchy and Branches, as well as to remain enough time to show himself as a to-be stable member.

The Status

Currently, the Imperial Trades is almost two years old. During such time, the IT has developed a good structure, both in terms or organization mechanisms, as well as in terms of people, which resulted in a production of a bit over 2000 goods and a profit of 4000000 tria, in the first year alone (second Annual Report should be out in October).

There is still need for development. The most developed professions at the moment are those related to either steel stock production, which is our traditional business, or weapon making, which has finally been successfully established, mostly due to the creation of the Imperial Trades' Shop. That same shop brings potential development to the Trader Branch and the Officer Branch is also starting to get some work, as the IT's structure has grown enough for administrative and organizational duties to be passed to the Officers.

Plenty of room exists for new recruits, from creative ones to those wanting to follow the more traditional route. The IT still lacks a bit in support to new internal enterprises, as well as a system that allows all members to live off of their IT activity, without being forced to engage in other activities to receive enough money for their needs. Yet, recognizing these flaws, the IT welcomes new members with open arms and promises of positive development in such areas, and others.

Finally, as usual, the IT remains open to business proposals from other economic organizations, even though, in the past, all enterprises the IT has helped economically, or simply observed, have failed. We hope, though, that the scenario of closed individuality of economic organisms and the general failure of enterprises changes and offers help to all ideas that aim in such direction.

The Businesses
    Two general concepts apply: First, prices are reasonable, not too expensive, not insanely cheap (remember that we're still under inflation so what we consider reasonable may be indeed cheap). Second, we take orders, so if there's something you'd like and it's not for sale, ask the IT member to write an order for you.

• The Imperial Trades Shop

Which can be found in the Guildsquare Hall in Hydlaa, sells many weapons (knives, swords, axes...) of varying quality and some items, though still not many.

• Steel Stock Business

Still somewhat separated from the Shop, we produce steel stock (or other kinds of stock or ingots on request) from varying qualities. Ask Jamek, which can usually be found in the Furnace, or try to see if you can make an order, or find some, in the Imperial Trades Shop.
    « Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 06:39:02 am by Natrina »

"I had a dream of a Golden Darkness."
    Guild Leader of The Imperial Trades.
    Hail the Dark Empire

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
      • View Profile
    Re: [Guild]The Imperial Trades
    « Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 04:50:14 pm »
    Still quite long, but I think it has all the information needed.
    It obviously contains lots of traits from the old Bloodclaw Inc. and I like it that way. Great job my sibling.

I'd advise anyone wishing to pioneer deep into PS's economy possibilities to join this guild.

Maybe you should also add that you only need to be an imperialist if you're thinking about being amongst the first four ranks.
    « Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 05:02:26 pm by Sangwa »
    Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Gharan

• Hydlaa Notable
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 04:57:02 pm »
    Looks very well organised well done  :thumbup:

Jekkar

• Hydlaa Notable
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 05:36:00 pm »
    Good luck Nat.
    "A new day will come when those who rudely interrupt are swept away!" -Lereal

Natrina

• Hydlaa Citizen
      • View Profile
      • The Dark Empire
    « Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 05:41:14 pm »
    It obviously contains lots of traits from the old Bloodclaw Inc. and I like it that way. Great job my sibling.

I guess so. Bloodclaw Inc. died before crafting was implemented as it is now (as in with craft that can actually create a sellable good) so I never had the chance to test if Bloodclaw Inc.'s theories were good in a "real" situation or not. Still, I think the Imperial Trades fits quite well within the Dark Empire and hopefully it will flourish into a marvilous economic guild.

Thanks Gharan, Sangwa, Jekkar. I'm pretty happy with how it is now, I just need enough members to the test it out.

[uhh, time to go study now, I'll do the changes I have to tomorrow.]

Hail the Dark Empire

Phinehas

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 07:45:07 pm »
    I have the utmost faith in Natrina's ability to make this work. You seem to have thought this through very well, Natrina. Bravo, and good luck.

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 08:39:12 pm »
    hmmm I like it :)

Perhaps put a (DE) or something in the title so people can more clearly see its a Dark Empire guild.

Anyhow liked the Bloodclaw Inc idea and good to see it is being revived eventhough it has a Dark Empire jacket now ;)

But also like the subguild idea the DE is trying to fullfill aswell. We talked about something similar for the DC aswell, but it didn't come to be, when the Vaalnor Council started branching out.

Will look forward to see how succesfull this will be and perhaps other guilds will follow and it might change the way we think of guilds right now. Specially if that alliancechattab will become reality.

Good luck Natrina :)

Valbrandr

• Hydlaa Notable
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 09:37:51 pm »
    Nats back :) (leading a guild that is).. great to see.  Hmm but the guild.. I dont know how its implemented (because i mostly just see basic info) but I wish you the best of luck this time around.

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 09:56:15 pm »
    aahh but the exact math of how it works is a tradesecret ofcourse ;)

*smiles*

Natrina

• Hydlaa Citizen
      • View Profile
      • The Dark Empire
    « Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 05:28:13 am »
     Well... much about it's internal politics, administration and economy can be found in the present seven page (has some diagrams and an image of the guild's insignia too) DEMGP document which is made public in the Further Readings. It is yet not that much descritive of all the process, but I did try to create the most that I could think of. And yeah, somethings will always remain somewhat secret as it is sure we won't go without competition.

I will do my best as I think a strong economical guild can only give more spice to PlaneShift, and surely many will follow after turning things even more interesting.

Hail the Dark Empire

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
    • Forum Addict
    • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 08:42:40 am »
    Congratulations Natrina! I'm confident in your abilities to sustain the economy of the Dark Empire.
    We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

Croconil

• Hydlaa Notable
    • <3 Peacer!
      • View Profile
      • Talk Box
    « Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 09:16:41 am »
    Nice idea for a guild. I hope you can make it work!

Good luck!

Nurahk

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 10:10:02 am »
    Bravo Natrina, I thought I'd be the first to post an Imperial guild here but, seems you beat me.

I blame Sangwa for holding me back.

Very well thought out post, makes me proud to be an Imperialist.

Parallo

• Forum Addict
    • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
      • View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 11:23:29 am »
    Horay! The Empires back up and running! Bring on the political intrigue and battles of wit as well as might!  :D
    Long live the Empire!
    I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 11:43:00 am »
    Hail the Empire!

We'll be sure to try and please you. *grins*
    Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!