Author Topic: Comments on "Faces Behind the Players"  (Read 144095 times)

neko kyouran

Re: Comments on "Faces Behind the Players"
« Reply #1500 on: January 19, 2007, 02:23:34 am »
I never got the long hair thing.  to each their own I guess.   :whistling:

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: January 19, 2007, 02:41:39 am »
hair grows at uni, all cut off at home, hair grows at uni, all cut off at home, hair grows at uni.... you can all see where this is going right?
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

Peacer

• Veteran
  • I've got balls of steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: January 19, 2007, 09:20:58 am »
that means kerol is a longhaired freak like me :D
The Guardians of Power

left the game, looking in now and then to check progress, if you want to contact me use the email attached to the msn contact on this forum account

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: January 19, 2007, 10:31:20 am »
I never got the long hair thing.  to each their own I guess.   :whistling:

What is there to get?  ???

"May there only be peaceful and cheerful Earth Days to come for our beautiful Spaceship Earth as it continues to spin and circle in frigid space with its warm and fragile cargo of animate life."

emeraldfool

• Veteran
  • Irish (adj.): Cynical; morally bankrupt
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio (or at least what I've bothered to upload...)
« Reply #1504 on: January 19, 2007, 03:59:28 pm »
Ther is a difference between idle chit chat and something remotely ontopic.  I suggest you move back towards the latter.
Quote from: emeraldfool
But aren't you a bit off-topic... er... ma'am...

No. This is comments about faces behind the players, there is no topic to stick to. :/ I am talking to someone who posted their picture here. 

I knew that would come in handy :P

emeraldfool and zanzibar-frankly i dont think anyone really cares about your petty arguments anymore. create another thread for that, leave this one alone...at least let ONE thread manage to stay on topic

and the whole ogling girls on the site thing?
pft...theres more to life than a pretty face

Petty arguments? Pish, that was just playful banter. And on-topic is just so over-rated...

And of course there's more to life than a pretty face, but not much more to the internet. Just a face and words... and since the 'words' part is dependent on your vocabulary and ability to express yourself, a face is sometimes the only real identifier you have.

But in truth, you can't judge someone by an internet persona; it's never 100% real. For one thing, you're inclined to pick the best pictures of yourself; you have as long as you want to compose yourself and think of something witty to say - in many cases people use it as an opportunity to change the things about themselves they dislike.
Heck, I could be a 65 year-old fat old man who's showing you pictures of his grandson. Or even worse; Kary could be :P

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: January 19, 2007, 04:08:54 pm »
Heck, I could be a 65 year-old fat old man who's showing you pictures of his grandson. Or even worse; Kary could be :P

No, I can vouch that she really looks like that, and isn't a 65 year-old fat man posting pictures of his grand-daughter  :P

emeraldfool

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: January 19, 2007, 06:32:32 pm »

No, I can vouch that she really looks like that, and isn't a 65 year-old fat man posting pictures of his grand-daughter  :P

I knew you'd say that, but you could be another account on a different computer with a separate IP address :P
Or it could be a two-man deal. Y'know; one guy does the 'enticing' and the other does the 'whacking over the head and stuffing into a burlap sack'...?

And those pictures of you and Kary together could be your grand-daughter with her boyfriend.

See, it all makes sense... :D

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: January 19, 2007, 06:34:29 pm »
I think someone's just jealous. Eh?
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Akaye

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Thread head that loves Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: January 19, 2007, 06:58:52 pm »
Ther is a difference between idle chit chat and something remotely ontopic.  I suggest you move back towards the latter.

No. This is comments about faces behind the players, there is no topic to stick to. :/ I am talking to someone who posted their picture here. 

I knew that would come in handy

That won't help you in the slightest. He is a mod, and I am not. Doesn't take a genius to figure out. I also said and you forgot to quote ....

Quote from: Akaye
Are you kidding me. Gesh people, you post your thoughts on a persons picture. If the person talks to you I think it is ok to talk back.   If your not sure pm it. Just don't go out of your way to make the thread spin out of control and the mods won't have to burn you alive.

Remember?  ::) I would also kindly ask you not hide behind me when you get a warning. Fight your own battles.
Zorbels: PS character
Links for Newbies:
Players Guide RP Guide PS Settings

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: January 19, 2007, 08:27:26 pm »
And of course there's more to life than a pretty face, but not much more to the internet. Just a face and words... and since the 'words' part is dependent on your vocabulary and ability to express yourself, a face is sometimes the only real identifier you have.

Pictures don't say anything about who you are as a person.

As far as "words" go -  there's more than just your ability to express yourself.  You have to have something worthwhile to express.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

LARAGORN

• Veteran
  • Facts dont cease to exist because they are ignored
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: January 20, 2007, 08:03:36 am »

Pictures don't say anything about who you are as a person.

I disagree, A lot of the pictures posted here are of peoples bedrooms or other areas of their houses, and by looking at the items in the background you can get an idea of their interests. I am not saying you will be able to 'know' the person from a pic, but get little bits of their personality.

All great truthes begin as blasphemies- SHAW
Adraax KCP Adraax Forum

neko kyouran

« Reply #1511 on: January 20, 2007, 09:35:24 am »
you mean like this? http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=26887.msg303851#msg303851 I've cleaned it up a little since then.  And gotten a few more boxes.

emeraldfool

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: January 20, 2007, 03:33:57 pm »

I knew that would come in handy

That won't help you in the slightest. He is a mod, and I am not. Doesn't take a genius to figure out. I also said and you forgot to quote ....

Wait, wait, hold on... if you're not a mod, how come you're always acting so superior...? :P

Anyway, I'm just kidding. You shouldn't take me so seriously...  :D
You shouldn't take me at all...

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: January 20, 2007, 03:40:05 pm »
Wait, wait, hold on... if you're not a mod, how come you're always acting so superior...? :P

Because she is.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.