Author Topic: Comments on "Faces Behind the Players"  (Read 144728 times)

Kiirani

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Comments on "Faces Behind the Players"
« Reply #1755 on: March 13, 2007, 12:42:45 am »
*Ahem*

OMFG I GOT MY EARS PIERCED! :D

Well, three weeks after getting them pierced, the left one got infected.

One month after getting them pierced (today!) and a few days after fixing the left one, the RIGHT one got infected.

I uh, might have possibly played with them more than I should have...

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: March 13, 2007, 12:50:55 am »
Sea salt is your friend :P I've had several problems with my lobe piercings but none at all with those along the ear rim (piercing guns = evil once more) and sea salt seems to have helped a lot. Really try to keep from touching them though, it takes a while for your body to understand that you actually want those holes in your body.

Also, if you can avoid stud earrings, do so. They're too tight for some ears to heal properly, so if you're running into problems go for a ring. I've given up on studs entirely and haven't had a problem since :]

*edit*

Also, Kiern is looking good :D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 12:53:05 am by Karyuu »
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Kiirani

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: March 13, 2007, 01:32:48 am »
My studs have been fine! *gets huffy and defensive*. Really though only the left one was slightly tight during the first week (and killed off all the skin on the back of my earlobe :/). They've otherwise been loose enough to stick my finger under the back.. Er, which might be how i managed to get them infected.

That said, if I were to do it over I would look into getting them done with needles and having some form of rings put in instead, to make sure nothing was getting trapped, and I could keep them dry.

What gets me is they were fine :/ I could move them around in the ear without a problem, they didn't hurt, they weren't uncomfortable, surely they were past getting infected? So yeah, stopped keeping them clean and playing with them, now look what I've got.

I'll see about some salt water.. Er, how would one apply that without swimming? Just we're looking at a few weeks of crappy weather here ^_^

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: March 13, 2007, 01:35:54 am »
I'll see about some salt water.. Er, how would one apply that without swimming? Just we're looking at a few weeks of crappy weather here ^_^

Buy some sea salt, get a bowl of water, put the salt in the water, dunk your ear in. Alternatively get some cotton wool, soak it in the salt water and then hold it against your ear. It's best if the water is as hot as you can bare too.

tssthorn

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Winnry, Bradd, Lilie, Swivles
    • View Profile
    • The Sonic Society
« Reply #1759 on: March 13, 2007, 01:44:04 am »
By the way everyone I posted a new picture of myself in the more faces behind the players thread, it is a picture during christmas.

Kiirani

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: March 13, 2007, 01:46:32 am »
Hmm. Wonder if the salt we have in the cupboard would do.

Tomorrow, I dunk my ear in hot salty water! :) Hopefully that'll keep the previously bad now good one good too.

tssthorn - We can see that, stickied at the top of the plaza :p

tssthorn

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Winnry, Bradd, Lilie, Swivles
    • View Profile
    • The Sonic Society
« Reply #1761 on: March 13, 2007, 01:51:24 am »
Oh right *couphs*  :P

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: March 13, 2007, 01:52:22 am »
Ordinary salt will work fine. Sea salt is just the best stuff.

miadon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: March 13, 2007, 06:01:59 am »
just avoid drinking the salt :P
- MiadonCam (Refresh page to see live in game Miadon Action!!)

LARAGORN

• Veteran
  • Facts dont cease to exist because they are ignored
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: March 13, 2007, 06:36:54 am »
Karyuu is right, get rid of the studs as soon as you can or you will get more infections. A simple ring will work great, as it is easy to spin and allows your ear to breath :)

All great truthes begin as blasphemies- SHAW
Adraax KCP Adraax Forum

Peacer

• Veteran
  • I've got balls of steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: March 13, 2007, 09:28:10 pm »
my jacket pwns you all, if it's piercings, nintendos, tuxes, xordans new toyand even tssthorn no matter how sexy he may be
The Guardians of Power

left the game, looking in now and then to check progress, if you want to contact me use the email attached to the msn contact on this forum account

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: March 14, 2007, 04:16:00 am »
I just read all the comments/remedies on ear piercings, I never want one done... sounds like too much pain and discomfort >.>
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: March 14, 2007, 04:21:50 am »
I just read all the comments/remedies on ear piercings, I never want one done... sounds like too much pain and discomfort >.>

I had mine done about 10 years ago and never had a problem with it, it healed within 2 weeks of being pierced. I would like to add to these soloutions that it is wise to up your intake of vitamin C, I dont want to imply that you have scurvy but even lower than normal amounts can impede the healing process. So, drink orange juice alot for a while.

[Or maybe my immune systiem is strong, I dunno, I pierced my own lip about 3 times in the past and never got that infected either, always took it out though because it never suited me]

"May there only be peaceful and cheerful Earth Days to come for our beautiful Spaceship Earth as it continues to spin and circle in frigid space with its warm and fragile cargo of animate life."

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: March 14, 2007, 08:10:33 am »
I'm so squeamish about self-done piercings People done some crazy things on their own (like pierce themselves with safety pins..)
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.