Author Topic: About clothes  (Read 1040 times)

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
About clothes
« on: February 22, 2003, 08:05:13 pm »
Well, I have thought about these ideas for a long time now, but I\'ve never wrote it down, anyway, here goes..

Wouldn\'t it be good (and realistic) if clothes could get ripped? I mean, if a monster hit you with an axe your clothing should get a rip from the blade. You should then be able to repair your clothes at an tailor for a price. If you didn\'t, your clothes should lose their worth.
Clothes should also be worn-out after some time.
Then you could distinguish the poor players from the rich ones :)

The clothes should also become dirty after a while and you should have to clean them. This could simply be done with water and some soap.
Clothes should also have a purpose, like protection from cold and heat. I mean, it\'s pretty unrealistic if you can run around nude in the snowy mountains without any clothes to protect you.
I think that you should lose stamina very quickly and even die after a while if you wear no clothes in cold environment.

BTW. I\'m a barbie-fan ;) so I think that you should be able to see everything  that you\'re wearing. Even rings, necklaces and shoes. I have never seen a game where you can see rings, necklaces, shoes and belts (just necklaces in runescape)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2003, 08:10:48 pm by Fanomatic2000 »

Be a member of our Mirthful community.
Join us today!   :]

Note:  This is my old account. I am now known as \"Jadd\".

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 04:57:35 am »
I like the idea about rippiong clothes and washing them. If the clothes in the game are simple enough it woulnd\'t be too hard to program them to get dirty or ripped eventually. I hate Barbie. She has to be more realistic job wise. I mean she\'s been a vet, flight attendant, neural surgeon, Grand Hotel Owner, geinocologist, College teacher, master chef, artist, nurse, Hot Dog vendor, and so on. Is she good at all of these, or so awful at all of them that she has to keep changing? But I\'m off topic now.

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2003, 04:57:08 pm »
Anyway. This is a good idea, so people wouldn\'t just throw away their stuff, they\'d actaully take care of it, since it\'s more expensive. I was harsh on Barbie, my apologies.

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2003, 10:59:57 am »
Being a \"Barbie\" fan means that you love dressing up. In this case I\'m talking about clothes in-game.
I hate Barbie too, she\'s an anorectic bimbo ;)
You should be able to dress your char exactly as you want.
I hate games where all characters looks exactly the same (or have like 6 pre-sets to choose from).
You should be able to see everything you\'re wearing (including necklaces, sashes, belts, ear-rings, bandages, ribbons, socks etc.
It would also be cool if you could cut your hair (especially for the Enkidukai).
« Last Edit: February 26, 2003, 11:00:23 am by Fanomatic2000 »

Grey

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2003, 01:15:38 pm »
Why would I cut my mane.  Am I going in for surgery or something.  Cat hair doesn\'t get long, so there would be no reason to cut it.  Now those humans... they could use a good cut of the hair.
\"All that seperates them from the shambling walk of the zombie are the quiet lies the Locust tells\" -Harlan Ellison

explorer

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2003, 02:01:13 pm »
My clothes would probably always be dirty, i\'m to lazy to wash them. What about blood stains? And what happens to your clothes after you die? I\'d assume that you can keep them (i hope), but then would the same stains still be there? I wouldnt mind it either way, just means less cleaning if they go clean again. Should your clothes lose value for every time you die and respawn wearing them? or would they be on your body......
Terragen manipulator, photoshop wannabe.

Planeshift name: Demoritus, but you can call me \"god\"
Avast.

cmhitman

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2003, 02:55:22 pm »
talk about detail hawks. You guys are talking about atleast three years of commercial development for a game that had all that stuff. Come on, lets just hope they accomplish a beta first before we start asking them to turn the game into The Sims Online 2020.
don\'t get me wrong, I\'m not trying to quash your dreams, just dont blabber uselessly... go learn how to program so that we can have more coders!
PROUD [SOLE]    HITMAN CLAN WILL RISE AGAIN!      

Fantasyfiend

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2003, 04:22:52 am »
I AM studying to be a programmer, and one day I\'ll be soo good, it\'ll make this game look like PONG (no offence to Planeshift, or people who like PONG). You\'ll all be surfing the web, find my games, and play until your eyes shrivel in your sockets like little prunes...or I\'ll fail and become a hot dog vendor, that\'s good too. Anyway, If the stains were pre-progammed it wouldn\'t be that bad, but it would take alot of realism away, and it probably would be less noticable if you didn\'t have to wash at all (Like Ryu Hazuki from Shen Mu. He wore the same clothes for like 3 weeks.)

Solihn

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2003, 04:10:55 pm »
Fanomatic 2000, Enkidukais should be able to do their hair. Liek it says in their descriptions, and my newest thread, they cut their hair to represent what tribe they\'re from!:] it would be wrong for them not to be able to do it!

cmhitman

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2003, 06:04:34 pm »
Shen-Mue was a kick-ass console game... Man those where the days.

Its funny how boring that game seems now, but when it first came out for D.C. ... I played it for like three weeks
straight.

I agree with the changing clothes part...good idea. Just lets not get  get outta hand.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2003, 11:07:54 am by cmhitman »

Solihn

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2003, 10:37:31 pm »
hmm...never played it CM, whast it about?

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2003, 07:34:28 am »
Cmhitman, have you ever played the sims at all?
If you have you would know that it is a bad example, because in \"the sims\" you cannot \"dress\" like you want. You just pick a head and a body and then that\'s it.
I mean, it would have been better if you said \"Morrowind\" cause it\'s more like the idea I\'m after.
This is an MMORPG , and not some kind of \"action\" game for christ sake!

Details ARE important! If you don\'t care about that, then you\'re no true gamer! X(
I\'m not expecting the impossible from the devs, they decide what ideas they like, and what ideas they don\'t.

All creatures should be able to cut their hair (the enkidukais should even be able to cut patterns in their fur)
Read more about hair in this thread

http://www.planeshift3d.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=2519&boardid=11&styleid=2
« Last Edit: May 31, 2003, 07:31:23 pm by Fanomatic2000 »

cmhitman

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2003, 11:50:45 am »
sorry for the late reply, but I don\'t have ready access to a pc ,

anyway,
solihn, shen-mu was one of the first extremely ambitious console games ever to be made, it was a real marvel for gfxs at the time. basicly you play this japanese dude whos on a quest to see who killed his father (lol, i know...). you solve puzzles fight and move carts with a forklift and ride a motorcycle for half a second then the games is over.

I loved it at the time that I played it but it has no replay value and it basicly sucked, but at the time good gfx and a typical storyline could make up for sucky gameplay (just look at resident evil). So in a nutshell thats shen-mu.

and fanomatic I\'ve played more of The Sims than you could ever know, and they do change clothes, plus notice i said sims 2020..ass
« Last Edit: March 05, 2003, 11:08:25 am by cmhitman »

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2003, 10:34:30 am »
It\'s SHEN-MUE, not \"Shen mu\" LOL :D

and fanomatic I\'ve played more of The Sims than you could ever know, and they do change clothes, plus notice i said sims 2020..ass

You\'re wrong! The sims do NOT change clothes. They change BODY! You know the difference?
You can change from \"fat smelly ruffian\" to \"thin and well-dressed\" in a matter of seconds.
All you need to do is to use your drawer and \"change clothes\".

ass..? You\'re so pathetic that you have to go offensive on me? LOL :D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2003, 10:54:18 am by Fanomatic2000 »

cmhitman

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2003, 11:07:20 am »
i thought i posted a reply to this...well

shen-mu, shen-dew, mountain dew what the who?
you must really be insecure to nit-pick my grammar.
the sims may use a changing of body models in order to simulate changing clothes. but its all fake anyway, use ur imagination...ass