Author Topic: Sheathing Weapons  (Read 635 times)

John80sk

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Sheathing Weapons
« on: November 27, 2006, 04:03:42 am »
If you attempt to use the /dequip command for both hands simultaniously you get the following message:
"You cannot place this object in your inventory!"
that and only one of your weapons is dequiped... probably not a priority, but it's rather annoying for those of us with a sheath weapon command.
Jangeol Bakieck the Scarred
Dameve Angelun the Insane
Ehatihen the Cowardly Kran

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
Re: Sheathing Weapons
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 10:45:27 am »
i got the same, would it be to much to ask to get the command /dequip left/right hand back, had some use of that in the past

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 06:11:08 am »
Dequiping is not so bad .. all you have to do is run the macro you described twice. For some reason you can't put two items into your inventory at the same time.

The problem is when you make a macro to switch weapons. All you can do is change one weapon (running it twice here will juggle weapons from one hand to the other and all but not what you want) so you'd need two seperate macros for each weapon in order to change two weapons into two others.
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

acraig

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 01:33:29 pm »
One of the things on my wishlist is to have weapons sheathed and still visible.  So to see your swords hung at your hip or your shield on your back when not in use.  It should be possible by making 'attach points' on the models at those locations.  It might be hard to have a complete general system that will work for all races and items but I am sure it's something we can tweak.
----------
Andrew
"For all I know, she's lying, everyone's lying; welcome to the Internet"

Mordaan

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 02:56:00 pm »
One of the things on my wishlist is to have weapons sheathed and still visible.  So to see your swords hung at your hip or your shield on your back when not in use.  It should be possible by making 'attach points' on the models at those locations.  It might be hard to have a complete general system that will work for all races and items but I am sure it's something we can tweak.

That would be cool!   :thumbup:
I just tried my sheathe shortcut yesterday and I think it worked.  Is this something very recent?  I will have to try again.
--Overseer, Explorers Guild.

Obelus

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 04:04:29 am »
If you have matching weapons they will be stacked in your INV...

I noticed this bug too after the .017 update.

Annoying! But so far not serious...