Author Topic: NPC guards  (Read 1290 times)

antonio842

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
NPC guards
« on: January 24, 2002, 02:57:03 am »
if you have the possiblity of hiring guards i also think that you should be able to give them equipment(armor weapons ect...)

and they should also be able to go up in levels

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2002, 06:58:10 am »
Hmm if that possiblity happens i wonder how many guards you could have without it becoming a small army do guards share your alignment im just asking for the rp but say a wizard hired guards and then trained them after months and months then told them to attack the city woah that would be pretty tight .

Dwinney

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2002, 08:01:57 am »
That might make game a bit more complicated IMHO.
When our hearts both beat in time,
There\'s magic in your smile,
It seems there\'s nothing we can\'t do.

And within your warm embrace,
My heart will find a place,
Even from afar,
Our love forever shall be, destiny.

Excerpt from L2EB  

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
yes it would
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2002, 08:08:19 am »
I agree it would be wonderful to have something like that perhaps but the programming alone would be hard i think but once it was done i think insurrections like that wouldnt happen to often do to the nature of how you aquire npcs hirelings and such and when things get on lvls such as that complications add alot of spice now that is nothing any new arrivals would want to be faced with without the help of the gods but later on down the road it would be quite interesting.

Kerrick

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2002, 03:44:13 pm »
I\'ve said this before, and I\'ll say it again: bad idea. Guards should be limited to NPCs and (maybe) very high-level, important PCs, for a couple reasons: first off, what\'s to stop a player from assembling a small army of mercs? Second, you would probably go broke hiring all those guards. Third, where\'s the RP element in that? Why bother adventuring with other players when you can just hire a half-dozen warriors and go kill a dragon with them? And fourth, I\'m sure the powers that be (read: the rulers of the city) would take a dim view of people assmebling their own little army or soldiers, and they would not hesitate to monitor it through spies/magic, or even order it disbanded before the player got the bright idea of trying to take over .  
There is a world in which I am alone.
A world which nobody can enter.
A world which nobody can know.
This is my world.

- Anonymous.

antonio842

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2002, 10:25:10 pm »
i think gurds should be able to hire but.......you should only get to hire one at a time

and they will be very expencsive
they will be more like a merc than a guard

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
guards
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2002, 02:09:02 am »
Guards would be a nice addition right along the lines of companions if they are added i hope there would be some lvl restrictions and such also you people must remeber these are hired help there not just going to follow your orders blindly they most likely would have alignments as well.or neutrel ones at the very least um guard go kill that person Guard \'No most likely
now if your attacked they would fight for you unless they fail some sort of check that says hey were gonna all die unless there very loyal to you and your cause

mistwalker

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2002, 06:22:25 pm »
LENRIC, USE PERIODS! Lol. Your posts are big long run on sentences. It makes them difficult to read.

It\'s like \" and he said she would go and she left him and then she thought he died, but he was still alive and he really like cheese, but the cheese gods didn\'t like him and.....\"

You have good ideas, but puntuate! lol.
A fool and his head are soon parted.