Author Topic: Banks  (Read 4584 times)

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
  • "You can't Squeeze Blood from a stone."
    • View Profile
Re: Banks
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2006, 06:19:17 pm »
Well i understand what you mean by Situation 2, not many answers to it, and it is an unavoidable consequence.

But situation one, even if you did hire thugs, what if such and such thugs were going up agains, Unar, possibly Proglin?
Why not a host of other people? People who could be considered the greatest duelests in the game?

How would you, using RP, stop such people, who could literally KILL all of you?

It's good to talk about this now, before such a thing happens.

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

Quote from: svuun
I adopt Karyuu.  She might not be new but her skin is so supple, soft and n00b like....  :sweatdrop:

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2006, 06:22:53 pm »
You think that these people would massacre others and risk their good standing within the community? If they expected to massace innocent bankers and still waltz around in front of the city guard then that is in fact bad role playing.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2006, 06:25:50 pm »
Unar was perfectly happy to kill several Elemental Light members and still waltzes around Hydlaa freely. If it was good RP the Character would now be in hiding.

"May there only be peaceful and cheerful Earth Days to come for our beautiful Spaceship Earth as it continues to spin and circle in frigid space with its warm and fragile cargo of animate life."

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2006, 06:28:09 pm »
Exactly. Datruth seems to have not caught the part of Sangwa's post where he says that only happens in instances of bad rp. Either that or he does not understand the term rp consequences.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2006, 06:31:01 pm »
You know what, since i can't get you all to confess up to what you'll do I'll just wait.

I know sooner or later an Evil person, or maybe even a neutral one, will go after your bank, it's just a matter of time.

Then i'll watch and see how you handle it so nicely. :)

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

I adopt Karyuu.  She might not be new but her skin is so supple, soft and n00b like....  :sweatdrop:

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2006, 06:33:26 pm »
What?! What are you on about? If a person correctly rps robbing the bank fair enough but the very way your suggesting they will go about it is OOC. Its like you have ignored both mine and Sangwa's posts and carried on talking about an altogether different subject!

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2006, 06:40:36 pm »
What?! What are you on about? If a person correctly rps robbing the bank fair enough but the very way your suggesting they will go about it is OOC. Its like you have ignored both mine and Sangwa's posts and carried on talking about an altogether different subject!

I said GO AFTER YOUR BANK parallo(read the last post), Meaning Either IC or OOC, whichever comes first.
I know sooner or later an Evil person, or maybe even a neutral one, will go after your bank, it's just a matter of time.

Frankly i'm looking forward to the Roleplaying one. It will be interesting to see how it's all handled.

Do you understand my last post now? :P

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

Phinehas

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2006, 06:43:06 pm »
Parallo's right, though. You're talking about different things. There would be RP consequences to robbing a bank in Yliakum, there would be NO OOC consequences unless one of the GMs took it upon themselves, which I doubt will happen. Parallo keeps telling you that he's referring to quality RP and then you keep going back to complete OOCness. Try to get on the same page here, people.

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2006, 06:43:58 pm »
OK, here is my upcoming RP.

A random person (My Alt) who is a robinhood type comes and gets a loan. He then distributes it to the 1st player he comes across, Ohhhh, what a shock, the 1st player he meets is Idoru. then to complete the seamless RP; the random person goes into hiding.... Forever (I delete my alt).

"May there only be peaceful and cheerful Earth Days to come for our beautiful Spaceship Earth as it continues to spin and circle in frigid space with its warm and fragile cargo of animate life."

Phinehas

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2006, 06:46:34 pm »
And you're not seeing this as bad RP how? Taking OOC advantage in this way IS BAD RP! How could you possibly not get that?

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2006, 06:51:23 pm »
If you honestly think that all players are excellent RPers who play the game in a whiter than white way then you are severely mistaken.

This conversation is about possible problems to a banking project in a PC game. not about how things would be if you had full control over other peoples actions.

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2006, 07:14:19 pm »
Parallo's right, though. You're talking about different things. There would be RP consequences to robbing a bank in Yliakum, there would be NO OOC consequences unless one of the GMs took it upon themselves, which I doubt will happen. Parallo keeps telling you that he's referring to quality RP and then you keep going back to complete OOCness. Try to get on the same page here, people.

Sorry phinny, we resolved that problem last page lol, no need to re hash it, we seperated them into two different situations, that was a day ago... in case you were wondering.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And i meant what idoru said, I'm not just saying IC problems, WHICH YOU CANNOT ALL FIX BY ROLEPLAYING BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT ALL POWERFULL, i meant all problems

And i did label the different IC and ooc ones on the last page, so i know what you're getting at Parallo.

But what you seem to be suggesting is YOU WILL always win your money back in Roleplaying, I'm sorry, but banks do not always win.

And if they do, it's bad RP

That bank is going down soon, any minute now lol ;)

Just a matter of time.

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2006, 07:18:44 pm »
I'm sorry, but banks do not always win.

This is so true. I work in one and from experience I am well aware that alot of people are scum. They will do and say whatever the can to get their hands on cash. And its is hard enough in RL to get them to pay back money. Nevermind in a PC game where it is entirely possible to just disappear without any trace at all.

Rioth

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Dragon Council
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2006, 07:24:46 pm »

Blacklist:
 The persons who have cheated us:
 -Tharorel, he stole 100k!

I guess it happened already..
Burning anger gets you do a howling riot...
~ Dragon Lord of The Dragon Council
Rioth

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2006, 07:28:41 pm »

Blacklist:
 The persons who have cheated us:
 -Tharorel, he stole 100k!

I guess it happened already..

And so begins, the beginning of the end.

Maybe... Parallo can go after him with his guards and thugs, or better yet, report him to a Gm.

Regardless i'm interested in seeing how this tharorel case ends.

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief