Author Topic: what about the Hell?  (Read 4510 times)

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: what about the Hell?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2006, 07:24:40 am »
A few guilds that , as Nikodemus put it, have 'Wrong' guild names:

• The Dragon Council
  • Guardians of the Phoenix
  • Plakkem Hverrjanor
  • Nightshade Mercenaries
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 07:34:34 am by Idoru »

"May there only be peaceful and cheerful Earth Days to come for our beautiful Spaceship Earth as it continues to spin and circle in frigid space with its warm and fragile cargo of animate life."

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 07:28:51 am »
Is there a guild called Guardians of the Phoenix? Rings a vauge bell I think.

All jokes aside, there is nothing in game that can be related to Hell, as it is thought of in real life.  Therefore, a guild by the name Hells Dwarves is not within the setting of the game, therefore ooc, therefore not appropriate for use in game, therefore should be immediately changed.

This applies to all the aforementioned guilds.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 07:42:01 am »
  • Plakkem Hverrjanor
  • Nightshade Mercenaries
Whats wrong with these? honetly.

As about dragon council, I wish them good luck in promoting their idea and redifining their story so that people won't be bugging them about dragons anymore. Like a simple name change or whatever, but this maybe isn't exactly a good idea to them. Anyway, i know they are tryng.

What you can failure tommorow, failure today.

Better click for shiny stylez Help me with images!

drah

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2006, 07:43:04 am »
Hell's Dwarves...

Create a char called Hellios (or whatever you want!) as a character in Hell's Dwarves... and make out that Hell is an abbreviation of that... at least then you'll have new justification for the name. ;)

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2006, 07:46:15 am »
  • Nightshade Mercenaries

I may be mistaken but I dont recall seeing any mention of Nightshades in the settings:

Nightshade \Night"shade`\, n. [AS. nichtscadu.] (Bot.)
     A common name of many species of the genus Solanum, given
     esp. to the Solanum nigrum, or black nightshade, a low,
     branching weed with small white flowers and black berries
     reputed to be poisonous.
     [1913 Webster]

• Plakkem Hverrjanor

Again please correct me if I am wrong, but is that not a foreign language?

[Edit]

Hell's Dwarves...

Create a char called Hellios (or whatever you want!) as a character in Hell's Dwarves... and make out that Hell is an abbreviation of that... at least then you'll have new justification for the name.

Sorry, thats not possible either:

Helios
       n : (Greek mythology) ancient god of the sun; drove his chariot
           across the sky each day; identified with Roman Sol
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 07:51:48 am by Idoru »

"May there only be peaceful and cheerful Earth Days to come for our beautiful Spaceship Earth as it continues to spin and circle in frigid space with its warm and fragile cargo of animate life."

neko kyouran

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2006, 07:55:35 am »
I don't think anyone will object if we move this to the guilds section, since it seems to be looking like thats what the topic is about.  (and for those that do, well :P )

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2006, 07:57:17 am »
And does that now mean you cant moderate in Neko :P

[I believe this answers your question.  --Neko]

[Edit]

Then the Moderators names at the top of the forum should be changed. Unless of course you are expected to show restraint and not moderate this forum.

In addition please dont Edit my posts when a PM would suffice.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 08:20:14 am by Idoru »

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
  • "You can't Squeeze Blood from a stone."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2006, 08:17:11 am »
Renaming a guild because it's name has "Hell" in it, is wrong.

That's too strict, and will lead to the destruction of this game.

People can ignore the hell, and automatically assume it's the DR.

We arn't stupid, and we shouldn't be treated like robots.....
* Datruth sees the word hell, "OHHH DARN!!! I can't RP now... SHOOT, My roleplaying is all messed up"

If you don't like the name, don't join the guild, it doesn't hurt you.

Anyone who feels the name of the guild should change becaues it's a bit ooc, is being too extreme.

And we all know, we don't need extremeists populating yliakum, which will, as i said, lead to it's downfall.

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

Quote from: svuun
I adopt Karyuu.  She might not be new but her skin is so supple, soft and n00b like....  :sweatdrop:

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2006, 08:21:27 am »
So if I made a guild that totally went against the settings... meh, Doesn't matter. Just don't join it? Why don't we let everyone interpret the settings in their own way. Good idea? No.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2006, 08:24:34 am »
Renaming a guild because it's name has "Hell" in it, is wrong.

That's too strict, and will lead to the destruction of this game.

People can ignore the hell, and automatically assume it's the DR.

We arn't stupid, and we shouldn't be treated like robots.....
* Datruth sees the word hell, "OHHH DARN!!! I can't RP now... SHOOT, My roleplaying is all messed up"

If you don't like the name, don't join the guild, it doesn't hurt you.

Anyone who feels the name of the guild should change becaues it's a bit ooc, is being too extreme.

And we all know, we don't need extremeists populating yliakum, which will, as i said, lead to it's downfall.

~~Datruth

I agree. For all those RP purists who dont like it: I suppose you never see it anyway because you presumably have labels turned off.

So if I made a guild that totally went against the settings... meh, Doesn't matter. Just don't join it? Why don't we let everyone interpret the settings in their own way. Good idea? No.

I dont think Datruth is saying anything goes is fine. I'm sure we would all be annoyed to see the '1337 Haxxors' guild running around. But some common sense should really be employed to see where something over steps the boundaries.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 08:26:11 am by Idoru »

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2006, 08:26:47 am »
But what he is saying is that the lines should be redrawn to include things that are slightly OOC because people that have read the settings know they're wrong?

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2006, 08:42:49 am »
But what he is saying is that the lines should be redrawn to include things that are slightly OOC because people that have read the settings know they're wrong?

I dont think that the setting specifically preclude any form of a hell.  They could just as easily say that the word 'Hell' in the dwarven native tounge means Death Realm.

To sum up. Hells Dwarves doesnt bother me although I would not have named my guild that way. I would also not join it. However '1337 Haxxors' would bother me. (Mainly because I cant stand leetspeak)

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2006, 08:44:48 am »
So if it was Knights of the Sun rather than Knights of the Crystal but sun was just another word for crystal that'd be fine? You really think so?

Narure

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2006, 08:52:18 am »
isnt it called 'Azure sun' by the races that remember the above ground anyway?

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2006, 09:08:41 am »
Quote from: Parallo
So if it was Knights of the Sun rather than Knights of the Crystal but sun was just another word for crystal that'd be fine? You really think so?

IMO it would be fine.

isnt it called 'Azure sun' by the races that remember the above ground anyway?

And yup, I believe so.