Author Topic: [Guild] Paladins Arrive in the Land  (Read 3288 times)

Shambla

• Wayfarer
  • Master At Arms, Shambla, of the Paladins
    • View Profile
    • Paladins
[Guild] Paladins Arrive in the Land
« on: January 21, 2007, 02:44:50 am »
"Paladins Arrive in the Land"

A Paladin is a holy knight therefore, the Paladins is a guild of  Lawful-Good Alignment. The Paladins strive to become the most powerful warriors they can be. Their purpose is to defend the weak against tyranny and uphold the law when asked to do so. A Paladin is Helpful, Honest, Fair, and Polite.

To learn more about the Paladins, stop by their new Home for a visit. You will be welcomed.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 01:09:03 pm by Shambla »
Guild Master of the Paladins

Jurrel

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: [guilds] Paladins - Story Rewrite
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 02:00:10 am »
   here it is what you have all been waiting for. Hope you like it as much as we do. The guild is official, see you in game. Just look for us we are all there.  \\o//

John80sk

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 05:22:28 am »
why was a new thread necessary now?  Oh well... better... not great, but better.
Jangeol Bakieck the Scarred
Dameve Angelun the Insane
Ehatihen the Cowardly Kran

Shambla

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
    • Paladins
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 09:38:25 pm »
Yes, it is great! :)  \\o//

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 03:04:06 am »
A Promotional Thread should be something more concise, allowing people to easily, and briefly, get a general view of your guild. For instance, I don't feel the least inclined to read this story, as I know nothing about the guild yet, how it works, what it does. So since I can't feel the least attracted to it, I'm not willing to know deeper about it.

If you already have a Promotional Thread with the above information, then I'd convince you to write something as this in the Communitive Writting part of the forum and linking it to your thread here. It would make it look better.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Shambla

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
    • Paladins
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 10:21:07 pm »
Thank you, I'm totally new to forums. This is my first. I have no idea how to do what you suggested, Bit I will try to find out. Any instruction or education on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Jurrel

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 01:40:12 am »
 You can now access our web site at  http://www.paladinsguild.org/ :thumbup:. For those of you who wish to join the Paladins we also have our own forum. The web site will answer all your questions about the Paladins and what we are about. Do not let our current ranking system be a deterrent as the game continues to change so will our ranking system. If you have concerns please address one of us in game or through our email addresses you will find on the Paladins web site. See you in game    \\o//
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 01:48:04 am by Jurrel »

odisseo

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • http://www.principeodisseo.blogspot.com/
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 03:48:47 pm »
Shambla blessed by Talad! My respects to you, Master at Arms and to Elareno, Tulkhan, Jurrel.

Prince Odisseo

Jurrel

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 06:30:53 pm »
   We should meet sometime Prince Odisseo ! I know many of your guildmates and we seem to have alot in common look for Shambla or the Elders. We look forward to our meeting :D.

Jurrel

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 11:25:34 am »
   Hello fellow citizens Paladins guild continues to grow.  It has been six month since we have formed and are going strong. We have made many new friends in game and have become immersed into rp.  Paladins are seeking those who wish to become strong warrior-mages we will challange you and help you grow. Contact me in game and I will help you achieve the your goals.

Jurrel High Paladin

Valorius Rageway

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Champion duelist of the realm
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 11:40:31 am »
Nice job Paladins. :)
Queen and leader of The Order of Daggers

shorty13

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Skiing > All
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 11:55:41 am »
I enjoy seeing you guys around :)
May the gods view you in their favor
There are two types of people in this world: The Pinky and the Brain.
Which one are you?

Jurrel

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2007, 05:02:34 pm »
   The response has been wonderful thank you all. Paladins are fast becoming a great guild. Many blessings to you all.

Jurrel High Paladin

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
Re: [Guild] Paladins Arrive in the Land
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 07:03:03 am »
I've read a bit through your website and I have come up with the following critic. Before releasing it though, I'd like to say I appreciate the way you've dealt with critic up until now and how you are dedicated to the improvement of your guild. I wish you the best of luck!

To start, I believe you give too much importance to what we call "Power Leveling." In other words, you seem to require that your players max out their stats, but apparently you don't care how they develop their character at all. This means you will be prone to get moronic players with high stats, a guild that isn't fun to anyone but your own members and a frown from some people who'd rather not have so much players wasting away all that the beautiful setting of Planeshift has to offer. *grins*

I'm not overly fond with the introduction of Paladins into PS. Like Zan mentioned in another thread, it's like Samurai, only it strikes as less than odd since it doesn't sound so foreignish. The Dark Empire has the title of Knight as well, something we couldn't get rid off. Just so you know I aim at everyone :P. Anyway, since my lack of originality is apparent as well, if you can come up with something different, do tell.

Third point would be about the website. It doesn't look nice and it's hard to read. There should be more sections... Check out some other guild's website to have a better idea. I know this one isn't much (http://darkempire.xordan.com) but it's done with wordpress, something even I can use!

Last, but not the least, I think you should take better advantage of Planeshift's setting, to illustrate your guild in a unique way, rather than having it sound like the normal, boring Paladin guild. For instance, mention Hydlaa's and Oja's need of a suitable civilian guard, to complement each town's own guard, or justify the need for a force that protects that roads and outer regions from evil threats. We could surely use that!
That way we'd see the Paladins as true Paladins, plus as true people of Yliakum. A Force that ensures the safety of people, walking the earth to find criminals and bringing judgement upon them.

I'm sure you can do it. And if you need some help, ask around.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Phinehas

Re: [Guild] Paladins Arrive in the Land
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2007, 02:39:50 am »
After reading it through... My considered opinion is "What Sangwa said, but nastier."