Author Topic: no response from emails (long load time lots of pics)  (Read 1723 times)

bbum

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
no response from emails (long load time lots of pics)
« on: March 05, 2003, 02:31:38 am »
hi, i sent several emails to luca a while back, and pms to some of the dev team, couldnt get a response but i think you guys could use my help, so ill post here

im a guarented dedicated  worker with experience, and youd be surprised how much freetime i have since graduated at 15.

http://www.freewebs.com/bumm/arena.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/bumm/carrr.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/bumm/frog.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/bumm/house.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/bumm/lion.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/bumm/untitled.jpg

i know these arnt the most impressive scenes to show but i will spend time on a project ps, the quality WILL be better than whats shown here

im not asking to be a ps dev or forum admin or anything, im not even asking to be on the website.

just post or privatly send a message explaining an enviorment area or \'zone\' that hasnt been complete, include many details like what kind of creaters its enviorment type anything to help me understand what you want.

i can get everything done exept convert the .ma maya file that scenes are saved in into a valid zone file that works with crystal space
« Last Edit: March 07, 2003, 04:04:48 pm by bbum »

bbum

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2003, 03:19:59 am »
heres a car i started a few min ago

« Last Edit: March 05, 2003, 05:04:34 pm by bbum »

Link

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2003, 01:04:13 pm »
Get a better picture host. How do you graduate at 15?
The Great Linksunius

bbum

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2003, 04:05:52 pm »
doh pics worked last night, i graduated cause what i can learn in highschool isnt going to help me anymore

who should i use to host my pics? geocities says there down because to many people have loaded them to fast
« Last Edit: March 05, 2003, 04:08:09 pm by bbum »

Raya

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2003, 04:14:44 pm »
Woa, that\'s pretty good

I suck with 3d proggys anyways. :P but I can do pretty good stuff with mr photoshop

oooooo check out my latest coloring :D

the art was just awesome, coloring it was so fun oO

Link

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2003, 04:21:58 pm »
Originally posted by bbum
doh pics worked last night, i graduated cause what i can learn in highschool isnt going to help me anymore

People that think they know enough to not go to highschool here are called drop outs.
The Great Linksunius

bbum

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2003, 04:23:41 pm »
yea well i am graduated and i have my deploma

they let me do it because i graduated gnomon school of visual effects, and i was the first person to do so under 25

i know what im going to do when im older and its not going to require anything i get get from highschool

anyone have a suggestion where i just host my pics?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2003, 04:26:52 pm by bbum »

Raya

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2003, 04:29:50 pm »
A webhost that allows remote linking...

anyone like my coloring?

;(

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2003, 04:33:36 pm »
well... the picture in my sig is hosted at imahosting.com if that helps any...

nice coloring raya :P

Elentor

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2003, 04:41:43 pm »
/me detects a Beta Newbie in potential.
Darng, your artwork is very good. Im surprised the big lords didnt notice you

bbum

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2003, 05:05:15 pm »
ok all pics should work now, im uploaded all pics to freewebs.com instead of geocities

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2003, 06:04:51 pm »
First I would recommend you just put links to the pics.

Second, contact Boonet and wait a while.

Talad, A.K.A. Luca gets a ton of e-mails a day, and while I wish he was faster with them, he has a full time job and Planeshift release to worry about. In short your e-mails might have been trashed, because you did not sell yourself in the first 3 lines.

My suggestion is mainly to wait till things calm down after MB there is far too much going on there (even my e-mails are getting ignored).

And while I understand your outrage?a lot of the group focuses on communication, if you are a whiny pain in the butt you will not be productive in any way form or shape in fact you may be counter productive. Our goal is not to have a ton of people chatting and saying how great they are. Our goal is to make a game. I am not saying that we can?t have fun while doing it, simply it is to have more work then play.

Another issue may be your age  (I do not know if this is the case with you) we currently have no one that is incredibly productive and has the attention to detail required that is under 18. and if I exclude 5 people I can bump that number up to 25.

Over all, I suggest you make a resume and a portfolio, zip it up and send it to Boonet
bboonneett@yahoo.com then wait a few days and send a follow up e-mail asking for his opinion and continue with follow ups till you get a response. Be forewarned that the response may be, at this time I do not think you are up to our level required?but it will be a response.

Also keep in mind that quality items bust also be polygon efficient.

Anyway I hope this helps you and any other aspiring team members.

Keep in mind a quote from a team member that I?ll keep his name  to myself  and I am paraphrasing ?members under 23 require 90% of the effort to keep happy and produce 5% of the product?

This is not to say there are not exceptions on both ends of the age gap, but this is a reasonable generalization.

Anyway I hope to see you sometime soon as a trial candidate.
-Paxx

bbum

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2003, 08:00:54 pm »
ok, all pics have been changed to links

and paxx, im not asking to be on the team so my age shouldnt a problem, im just asking to be informed of a zone that needs to be done, hasnt been started on, and ill work on it till its done, theres nothin to lose =)

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2003, 08:30:08 pm »
Well, I talked to the powers that be. And from what I have gotten is they asked you to join the team, but you want to do your own thing?so I think that should leave everyone happy.

Now on the concept that you should be able to do whatever you want on your own, I think that it does not fit with the way we operate at the moment, in essence, you are either part of the dev team or you are not.

If you are you are given a task and you work on that till it is finished or something of higher priority comes along. If you do not complete anything then you get ignored and or ousted.

Your request to be given a huge task, and then be left to your own devices for a time is not how we are doing things.

Your choice really.  
-Paxx

bbum

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2003, 10:52:23 pm »
heh i would definatly not reject an offer to join the team,  what i meant is i dont need to be on the team to work on it, i will work on a project being on the team or not, just as long as i can help planeshift grow.

i would be very gratefull to join the team, and would only be doing things on my own if i wasnt part of the team, things would be very different if i was.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2003, 10:54:10 pm by bbum »