Author Topic: Resposibility and Honesty  (Read 5024 times)

Volund

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Resposibility and Honesty
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2007, 08:08:13 pm »
YOU GO GIRL!!!! WOOOOO lmao
We all know ylians have the package, the looks, the brain, pretty much all of it, I feel guilty.

bloodedIrishman's alter-ego while stunned by the banhammer.

Akaye

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Thread head that loves Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2007, 08:13:57 pm »
Quote from: Gwinn Ravenn
Those who are in a position to make changes must be given the opportunities to do so.

Now that is exactly the kind of attitude I think the dev's would appreciate to see from others. Thanks Gwinn for your imput. Also thank you for taking my post as was, I appreciate it. I understand your standing now.  :)
Zorbels: PS character
Links for Newbies:
Players Guide RP Guide PS Settings

acraig

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2007, 08:15:21 pm »
I guess we can all feel good about the fact that the project raises emotions to such a high level.   We must be doing something right in that case.   It's not that big a deal really,  there was a problem, we didn't know how serious it really was, somebody decided to show us.  Lessons learned all around.   Could we have done a better job at fixing it? Yes.  Could the method by which the point was made be done better?  Yes.    Everything else is just pointless bickering about who reported what to who and why.  If people want to harp on it, go ahead on your blogs or whatever you want.

We have taken some steps to help reduce the chances of stuff like this happening again. If this is the worst exploit so far  I consider us doing pretty good.  
----------
Andrew
"For all I know, she's lying, everyone's lying; welcome to the Internet"

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2007, 08:19:58 pm »
Good. :)

What's coming in the update?

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2007, 08:21:46 pm »
Stuff :] Check the CVS history for public code changes, and create a separate thread if you're interested in continuing this tangent. (Not recommended.)
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2007, 08:22:46 pm »
Not planning to, since I know the devs are gonna pick up on bug fixes. :P

Gwinn Ravenn

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Gwinn (ravenn) Frawd
    • View Profile
    • Sapere Magi current events web page
« Reply #96 on: February 06, 2007, 08:25:11 pm »
of course.  *huggs all around*

Garile

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Some people forget it's a game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 06, 2007, 08:27:42 pm »
*jumps in with the hugging*

Well glad to see things are well :)

And I am sure the emotions run high becuase we all care for PS :)
Join the oldest cause.
Characters: Meriner(dead), Garile(dead), Yayelle, Ruicho, Almada

eldoth_terevan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 06, 2007, 08:36:10 pm »
The fact that we all care so much is a tribute to this project. It's a great project!

Gwinn Ravenn

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Gwinn (ravenn) Frawd
    • View Profile
    • Sapere Magi current events web page
« Reply #99 on: February 06, 2007, 09:00:09 pm »
yes, If people didn't care so much, I am not sure the game would be worth playing.

BTW no one expects the dev. team to take undue ridicule by all means stand up and say what needs to be said. I nearly lost my temper a few times. Everyone popps. I think I lost a few brain cells just reading these threads *mourns her loss* No one is perfect , nor is anyone expected to be. But when we pop and do the wrong thing maybe a word to say, hey I messed up would do wonders. Even if you Mean every word you say when you spitting mad. you can still say hey sorry I lost it. I think Kayruu your the only one I have seen do just that. :) you lost your temper a few times, but you also admitted that you did. *mourns the loss of any brain cells you may have lost due to frustration* 

Acreig very commendable statement. very appreciated by all, even those who would never admit it.

*ok more hugging*

Dales Lierin

« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2007, 09:03:34 pm »
When i began reading this post, i never expected it to end the way it has.  Acraig, you made an extremely good point (and without your usual wonderful sense of humor, even).  People really do get emotional about this project from all standpoints.  Some of my best friends are players/testers. 

Akaye

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Thread head that loves Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2007, 09:08:18 pm »
Well I don't know about me losing my temper but I can admit to being annoyed. Guess I wasn't envolved from the begining to have it effect me the way it did others. Anyway I am so very pleased with this thread ending ithis way. I don't think any heated thread in these forums has actually accomplished this type of ending. YAAAAAAAAY HUGS!  :lol:
Zorbels: PS character
Links for Newbies:
Players Guide RP Guide PS Settings

acraig

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2007, 09:10:04 pm »
Yeah, I'm off to the Middle East now.  I hear they have some issues over there that I can solve with my awesomesauce forum postings.
----------
Andrew
"For all I know, she's lying, everyone's lying; welcome to the Internet"

Dales Lierin

« Reply #103 on: February 06, 2007, 09:13:17 pm »
I KNEW the sense of humor was still there.  LOVE IT.  good luck with the middle east.  ;)

lordraleigh

« Reply #104 on: February 06, 2007, 09:49:07 pm »
Yeah, I'm off to the Middle East now.  I hear they have some issues over there that I can solve with my awesomesauce forum postings.

*Leftist Libertarian Ranting mode on

No War for Oil!

General, man is very useful.
He can fly and he can kill.
But he has one defect:
He can think.

*Cheap Sarcasm mode on

No Religious Prejudice against Islam!

Religious suffering is, at one and the same time, the expression of real suffering and a protest against real suffering. Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people.

In Soviet Union, the State is persecuted by you!

*Modes disabled*

Good luck in the Middle East Acraig! You'll really gonna need it!

Now I wonder how could you solve the conflict of these guys against these guys with your "awesomesauce forum postings". Of course in the Middle East the meaning of "Flame War" becomes unpleasantly too literal. Although they are common users of RPGs as well, so I guess you will have at least something in common with them to talk about while attempting to settle the conflict.

Random useless cheap phrase advice from Captain Obvious:

Wipe the bugs first when you make a wipe, because if there are bugs crawling around, whatever you intended to wipe still needs to be wiped.