Author Topic: new combat style  (Read 7718 times)

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
  • "You can't Squeeze Blood from a stone."
    • View Profile
Re: new combat style
« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2007, 05:23:31 pm »
Dude, seriously - why don't you try posting without any hostility here? There are people who made some really good posts (Lanarel especially) and then I see you spazzing out, and it just completely turns me off from wanting to listen to what you have to say. How can you post what you post, and then say "no offence"?

Dude how long have you played this game for?

Do you even know the dueling we're talking about? Did you take part in it?

If not, then this might not be the right discussion for you.

It's the equivelent of taking a person, stopping them from running and walking, and crawling, and going through PS.

That'd be hell bro, it'd take forever to get anywhere.

Exactly where we are at with dueling.

And Rongar is right, we don't want to copy Kotor and the boring clicking action.
This system doesn't accomplish anything, neither player skill, or computer skill, no one duels simply.

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

Quote from: svuun
I adopt Karyuu.  She might not be new but her skin is so supple, soft and n00b like....  :sweatdrop:

Gharan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2007, 05:25:09 pm »
Well I to have decided not to play much anymore, not because i've spit my dummy out over a new system, I in-fact expected it one day. But in all honestly the system is the blandest i've ever seen and there is no fun involved. I really hope it improves sooner rather than later. I'll be all RP from here on out when i'm on PS afterall that seems to be what the Devs are striving for. If so remove /challenge and all stat/skills and just RP.

chazarus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2007, 05:25:35 pm »
But Rongar this is RP game so why are you even fighting anything?

LoL i love that line.

If this is only a RP game why in the Sam Hill do we even have skills to train a dueling sytem or monsters too fight.

We are all testers right?

DOn't the Devs want player opinion to make the best game?

Well my opinion is this new system is  :thumbdown:

Fix it :thumbup: :devil: :devil:
If you see me in game please duel me so i can kill you...

Shakilai

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2007, 05:26:30 pm »
Datruth: There's no need to be so condescending to me - I play the same game you do, and I've been around for a very long time. My forum registration date is nothing. All I'm asking for is for people to chill out and not post as though steam is coming out of their ears, or to act as if it's the end of PlaneShift.

Personally I think leaving the game just because of a change that has just been introduced and isn't even set in stone, is a very stupid thing to do.

drah

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2007, 05:26:42 pm »
or just get pens, paper and dice... and lets meet up on IRC!! ;)

Seriously though, before we start reacting... let's give the devs a chance to respond officially.

Miaua

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2007, 05:27:52 pm »
PLAYER fight, and NOT the game.

Just my two tria

Sorry.. I have to disagree...
In my opinion should GAME fight... cause its RPG, where depends on character's skills, not on players.
Its not realistic, when weak character, but skilled in PvP kills someone trained, just cause OOC reasons and player's PvP knowlidge.

For player's skills are here 3D shooters games...

Just my opinion...

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 10, 2007, 05:35:57 pm »
You can do better than that, just use a sword, Gharin, any sword. The only viable weapon now is a pair of sw daggers along with the corresponding skills. That combination is now virtually invincible. In fact, why not change the name to DaggerShift (tm) and just eliminate all weapons except for daggers and long range weapons.

So much for the suggestion that new combat system somehow "emphasizes" character skills.
It in fact destroys it completely.

Eila

Oh GEE Eila, it's almost as if it's a BAD IDEA to fight someone if they're an expert in daggers and their daggers are REALLY SHARP AND POINTY!  HOW UNREALISTIC!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 05:39:52 pm by zanzibar »
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Gharan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 10, 2007, 05:37:34 pm »
Oh GEE Eila, it's almost as if it's a BAD IDEA to fight someone if they're an expert in daggers and their daggers are REALLY SHARP AND POINT!  HOW UNREALISTIC!

I don't think you got what Eila meant somehow, or in-fact that you even care.

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 10, 2007, 05:42:54 pm »
You know what, i doubt the community will do anything.

We could have 100 people scream to revert it back, and it wouldn't happen.

But lets proove that the vast majority of people want it reverted:
http://www.petitiononline.com/PSDuel/petition.html

If you want the Dueling system fixed back to the way it was, be sure to sign that petition.

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

I adopt Karyuu.  She might not be new but her skin is so supple, soft and n00b like....  :sweatdrop:

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2007, 05:44:33 pm »
We don't do petitions, sorry :)
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2007, 05:45:15 pm »
I don't think you got what Eila meant somehow, or in-fact that you even care.

Silverweave daggers were already the best weapons, and I don't think YOU get what I meant.  If you're really good with daggers, and if you have really good daggers, then it's only right that you're very dangerous.  This is no the problem Eila suffers from.  The problem now is that there's no way to protect yourself from a devestating one hit kill from a dagger, but that will change in the future as armor is further developed.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

drah

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 10, 2007, 05:48:12 pm »
You don't have to "do" petitions Karyuu..

But surely the community can "do" petitions if they wish... they can then gauge how much player opinions matter to you, the devs and the GMs.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 05:52:18 pm by drah »

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 10, 2007, 05:51:12 pm »
You don't have to "do" petitions Karyuu..

The dev-team can just continue to ignore the players if they wish... it seems to increasingly be becoming a trait.

That's exactly what it's there to prove, if karyuu had actually read my post....

Here it is for her to glance at again:
We could have 100 people scream to revert it back, and it wouldn't happen.

Did you read that karyuu?

You only further backed up my point by saying, we don't do petitions.

Thank you for that, now go do some dev work, that's very important, and doesn't waste your time, that can't wait.

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2007, 05:52:00 pm »
If you're going to continue being an ass to us, we're going to continue ignoring you :) Just a FYI.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Akaye

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Thread head that loves Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2007, 05:52:37 pm »
Quote from: Volund
Gm's dont seem to hear us and I hope their is a compromise.

This seems to be quite a common mistake. Gm's are do not have the creative liberties to alter the game in anyway. We are NOT responsible for the games changes. We volunteer our time to help police the game so that the Dev's have more time to work on the game and it's coding, bug fixes, etc. We are regular players with an extra title and a few extra commands to help us deal with problematic players who do not follow the game rules.

As for the Dev's, they DO listen. No matter how much the player base whines that they do not. Wouldn't you be interested in what people had to say or suggest if they were playing a game you created? Just because the game doesn't change fast enough to fit your needs, does not mean that they don't hear you or your suggestions. Here are two examples of them listening  (1) Pets - Players requested them and guess what, they were added. (2) More emotes - As of the new client they are now implimented. To top it off there are plenty. Now what should be proof to you players that the Dev's do hear you, is the past client releases. There are many things implimented in these releases that show the Dev's have heard your requests. Come on people, it isn't as bad as you make it out to be!

Zorbels: PS character
Links for Newbies:
Players Guide RP Guide PS Settings