Author Topic: Price of Weapons  (Read 941 times)

joshua6021

• Hydlaa Resident
  • The Glob
    • View Profile
Price of Weapons
« on: February 10, 2007, 12:29:49 pm »
Ok so I have spent two days now as a trader and I get alot of mixed ideals. I know t takes alot of work and I can tell that the hand made weapons are better than the usual due to wear n tear points, but this is where I am having a problem. It seems that if a person wants to open a store he or she must posses around 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Trais. I have had a few good transactions though but noone wants to buy handmade weapons because their attack values are the same as the normL ones. So I hope alot of people reply to this and give me an estamate of what good pricing is for weapons. Normal weapon I stick to the NPC price. But the weapons being bought are above normal like Icy Daggers ect... So help me out. I really want this to work becuase I feel it will add more depth to the game and allow craftmen a chance t make a name for themselves. IT WILL ALSO GIVE ME A CLUE AS TO HOW MUCH i SHOULD PAY FOR A HAND MADE SHORT SWORD THAT 193/500. Meaning Very used and hey you must be stupid because this sword is worth 50,000. Just a reply I given to me.

PS: If you came to my shop Hagel a bit I like to have fun!!!;)

[ Excessive 0's removed. --Karyuu ]
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 12:57:46 pm by Karyuu »
The one who picks up a book can find the world!

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
Re: Price of Weapons
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 01:31:21 pm »
Harnquist's weaponry is 50 in max quality. Player made weaponry can go up to 300 max quality (anything higher will be fixed eventually). The first number should not matter much since it can be improved .. a good trader even makes sure their weaponry is well maintained so the first number will always equal the second.

Either way .. prices are incredibly unstable at the moment. While handmade weapons are superior to most, people seem rather reluctant to pay good money for them. There is the time it takes to craft one to consider though. Making even a simple handcrafted dagger will take up to an hour for a good smith/metallurgist/miner.

I've also tried using the NPC prices as a standard but truth is that training and buying other weaponry becomes unaffordable then ... so I try to keep a middle ground between very low prices and very high ones. Charging hundreds of tria for a weapon that is only 50 in quality is something I'll never do. However sticking to NPC prices wouldn't be worth it either.
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
  • "You can't Squeeze Blood from a stone."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 02:00:53 pm »
Well we have a guild bank and this is how I price our weapons:

1) Slash 4 SS ~~4-5k
2) Slash 3 daggers ~~ 4-6k
3) /3.5 and higher axes 5-7k

300 Quality weapons ~~15k-30k

SW SS ~~ 200k(was 250k, but we've all lost a quite bit of tria, and i've yet to see one sell for 250 in a while)

SW daggers ~~ 100k
Iron dagger ~~50-80k

Sw Axes ~~ Haven't seen one sold in a while, but i'd guess about    200-220k
Iron Axe ~~ 180-220k

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope that helps.

As you can see, we really don't sell anything with less slash than those listed.
We take our /2.7 daggers, and give them to our new players to train, with our /3 ss's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Basically the way that i learned to price them is just how homes are priced.

Homes arn't priced for their rooms, or size.
It's all about what people are willing to pay for them, that's why price varies from county to county and state to state.
A 4 bedroom 3 bath in 1 state could be a 1 bed 1 bath in another.

It's all about what people are willing to pay.
After buying and selling weapons, and becoming rich off of them, i came up with solid prices.

The best way, that i made money anyways, was finding someone selling an item, and finding a buyer for that person, and taking a cut for both.
You don't need inventory, or killing thousands of npcs, or anything.

You just find the right people, and i was really good at it.
Sadly my fortune got shrunk down just like everyone elses.

It's o.k though i should ammass it again in a few months, that is if i'm still active.

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

Quote from: svuun
I adopt Karyuu.  She might not be new but her skin is so supple, soft and n00b like....  :sweatdrop:

joshua6021

• Hydlaa Resident
  • The Glob
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 02:25:48 pm »
Well we have a guild bank and this is how I price our weapons:

1) Slash 4 SS ~~4-5k
2) Slash 3 daggers ~~ 4-6k
3) /3.5 and higher axes 5-7k

300 Quality weapons ~~15k-30k

SW SS ~~ 200k(was 250k, but we've all lost a quite bit of tria, and i've yet to see one sell for 250 in a while)

SW daggers ~~ 100k
Iron dagger ~~50-80k

Sw Axes ~~ Haven't seen one sold in a while, but i'd guess about    200-220k
Iron Axe ~~ 180-220k

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope that helps.

As you can see, we really don't sell anything with less slash than those listed.
We take our /2.7 daggers, and give them to our new players to train, with our /3 ss's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Basically the way that i learned to price them is just how homes are priced.

Homes arn't priced for their rooms, or size.
It's all about what people are willing to pay for them, that's why price varies from county to county and state to state.
A 4 bedroom 3 bath in 1 state could be a 1 bed 1 bath in another.

It's all about what people are willing to pay.
After buying and selling weapons, and becoming rich off of them, i came up with solid prices.

The best way, that i made money anyways, was finding someone selling an item, and finding a buyer for that person, and taking a cut for both.
You don't need inventory, or killing thousands of npcs, or anything.

You just find the right people, and i was really good at it.
Sadly my fortune got shrunk down just like everyone elses.

It's o.k though i should ammass it again in a few months, that is if i'm still active.

~~Datruth
Thanks that is what I was looking for.

lordraleigh

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 02:36:45 pm »
I wonder when things like supply and demand and types of competition will be a real and clear factor to define average prices.

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 02:40:30 pm »
I wonder when things like supply and demand and types of competition will be a real and clear factor to define average prices.

They already are raleigh, the Sw's are worth soo much because their supply is low and demand is high.
And as for competition, now every player can get an SWSS, so we are competing for limited resources here.

Our economy is basically stable at the moment, all inflation was removed instantly.
Everyone above 150k gold went to that level.

All i can say is, prices will slide a bit because of loss of reasources(tria).

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

I adopt Karyuu.  She might not be new but her skin is so supple, soft and n00b like....  :sweatdrop:

Zan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 02:43:18 pm »
Whenever the community follows them .. it clearly doesn't.

What I don't get is how silverweaves can still be worth so much more than handcrafted weaponry. Personally I'd much rather use handcrafted weapons of a good quality than a silverweave that'll wear out in a matter of days. Sadly the character I use most wields axes and is restricted to very expensive weaponry that isn't worth much. Hence me sticking to Harnquist's cheap alternatives.
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 03:05:25 pm »
Whenever the community follows them .. it clearly doesn't.

What I don't get is how silverweaves can still be worth so much more than handcrafted weaponry. Personally I'd much rather use handcrafted weapons of a good quality than a silverweave that'll wear out in a matter of days. Sadly the character I use most wields axes and is restricted to very expensive weaponry that isn't worth much. Hence me sticking to Harnquist's cheap alternatives.

You might be smarter in not using the SW's, it might be the best thing to do.

But people can be stupid, and if all they want is SW's, that's all they'll get.
If you start an advertising campaign or something and show them the error of their ways, this may change.

As for Sw's wearing out... i dueled with a pair for 2 months, and it stood at 43/43, still hitting near peak performance.
And if i used the repair bugs i could get it higher.

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

Zan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 03:19:32 pm »
Well I don't duel much.
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

lordraleigh

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 03:24:47 pm »
Lets me point that I was making a reference to IC economy. For example I saw pan flutes being sold by 100,000 tria each or even more. Are musical instrument crafting skills so rare in Yliakum that a simple pan flute would cost more than the double of the price of a healthy and trained pterosaur?

Quote from: Planeshift Economy Settings Page
healthy, trained pterosaur - 45,000 trias

Is the crafting of Silverweaves a great secret hidden from everyone by a underground group of smiths that sell them exclusively to the richest rogues?

Why would a horned helmet have an incredibly high value while a chain mail torso doesn't cost more than 2,000 trias?

It's broken IC-wise, there's no way to deny that..

Datruth

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 03:27:37 pm »
Lets me point that I was making a reference to IC economy. For example I saw pan flutes being sold by 100,000 tria each or even more. Are musical instrument crafting skills so rare in Yliakum that a simple pan flute would cost more than the double of the price of a healthy and trained pterosaur?

Quote from: Planeshift Economy Settings Page
healthy, trained pterosaur - 45,000 trias

Is the crafting of Silverweaves a great secret hidden from everyone by a underground group of smiths that sell them exclusively to the richest rogues?

Why would a horned helmet have an incredibly high value while a chain mail torso doesn't cost more than 2,000 trias?

It's broken IC-wise, there's no way to deny that..

You're 100 percent right.

Theres only 2 answers as i see it:

1) Adapt the settings properly around what we see
2) Explode lol :P :lol: :woot:

Lol i'm just playing for number 2.

Again you're right, prices are OOC Settings wise....
But what can you really do about that?

Maybe give SwSS's to Harnquist to sell for 10k?(stem supply and price by regulation)

~~Datruth
Truth To Disbelief

joshua6021

• Hydlaa Resident
  • The Glob
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2007, 07:27:53 pm »
No make more real players become merchants!