Author Topic: Need GM  (Read 3012 times)

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Need GM
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 04:11:38 pm »
Will there be anything like that in the near future? It'd be a helpful program.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2007, 04:30:36 pm »
Basically there have been too many instances of players asking for teleports when offline, and there's no way to verify whether they have a bug preventing login or are just being asshats. Thus the policy. However if you are online and say there's a bug, GMs should teleport over to you and investigate. Not doing that is silly.

I've been online all the times my requests were refused.  If I'm offline at the time of my request, I ask to be moved to the deathrealm.

GMs being silly... I wasn't going to say anything. :innocent:
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2007, 04:39:32 pm »
Some people just refuse to think outside of the written rules and examine situations where a different action may work better :] Eh.

Suno: I've wanted such a feature before, but I'm no longer as sure about its use - most of the time when someone has problems logging in and its location-specific, it's specific to the entire map they are in.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2007, 04:53:48 pm »
Some people just refuse to think outside of the written rules and examine situations where a different action may work better :] Eh.

Try saying that to a GM.  It's a good way to be accused of GM harassment.
Immaturity is FTW.

emeraldfool

• Veteran
  • Irish (adj.): Cynical; morally bankrupt
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio (or at least what I've bothered to upload...)
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2007, 05:07:07 pm »

Try saying that to a GM.  It's a good way to be accused of GM harassment.

That really depends how you say it. I'm guessing if GMs "Kill you without even asking if you're OK with it", there might be another issue here  ;D

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 06:43:01 pm »
There are too many new GM's now, anyway. They're like...police. They get bullied in school, and then when they have that badge, they can do whatever they want to you, and anything you say against them gets thrown at you as "evidence."

Same situation. The moment you talk to that GM, you know you're going to DR, and anything you say gets counted as "GM harrassment" when it comes to where you're being moved. =P

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007, 06:53:33 pm »
How about there are 2 types of gm's police and event running gms so those of us that are police are doing our job. ENFORCE THE RULES. We might be new or we might be old but we all as gms have to follow the same rules. Some might see a few rules differently but we all have to follow them if not we can get kicked off the team.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2007, 06:56:06 pm »
Ok, but it's still being "silly" to not teleport to where the person is and see things for yourself. I asked to be moved to Hydlaa, mainly because that's where I was going, or even if it was one space forward that would've been fine. But DR? No. Especially if you're an Enkidukai, just running all the way back from Akkaio, then you get stuck. The GM comes and kills them to get them unstuck.

I think that's all I really have to say.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2007, 06:57:21 pm »
There's really no argument to make if you're asking an offline character to be teleported. The GM team can't make exceptions in that case.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2007, 06:59:40 pm »
Well, if you include the reason why with "can you move me to Hydlaa?" then they should say something like "No, but I can move you a few spaces to the X direction. Tell me if you're still stuck."

Or even move to them like Kary said earlier, and see if they really are stuck. I didn't think of moving a few spaces when I asked to be moved, but I figured it was the general area crashing me. I went there (road to magic shop) with my other character, but nothing happened. Didn't crash or anything. All I found were some messed up graphics in the sector boundary.

emeraldfool

• Veteran
  • Irish (adj.): Cynical; morally bankrupt
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio (or at least what I've bothered to upload...)
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2007, 07:13:24 pm »
Actually, now that you mention it, I fail to see how asking a GM to move you a few feet to the left could possibly be exploited in any way other than to get into somewhere they shouldn't, and even then I don't see how that gives them any sort of advantage, considering they'd still be stuck.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2007, 08:18:42 pm »
Well say they're stuck a little bit in the wall and can't move to get out, and unstick just puts them back farther behind the wall. Moving you a little in one direction until you're slidden out of the wall would help, not being killed.

Plus, if we want to go to DR, we can type /die, we don't need a GM for that. We ask GM's to move us because we DON'T want to go to DR.

bilbous

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2007, 12:26:16 am »
Well when I go wandering off the beaten path or try to climb the unclimbable I expect to have to /die if I don't actually get where I am trying to go and get to a place where /unstick does me no good. Why would I expect anything else? The GMs are not there to help you play Silly Billy. If it is a map related login problem that is a different story. The terrain is full of invisible cliffs if you get stuck in one of those perhaps the thing to do is to note its position and file a bug report. It is a pain in the butt to have to die but it is a fact of life.

Janner

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2007, 12:58:52 am »
Just stop and think for a few moments, What that GM is doing in game.
possibly.
Testing Quests.
Testing new area.
Finding reason why this or that does not work.
Monitoring Help.
Solving a players Petition.
Settling a dispute.

I fell there is more to add, but I think you get the picture.

As for was killed on the spot, *grins* what other option do you have, will get boring stood in same spot.
Glad to help.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2007, 01:04:21 am »
How about there are 2 types of gm's police and event running gms so those of us that are police are doing our job. ENFORCE THE RULES. We might be new or we might be old but we all as gms have to follow the same rules. Some might see a few rules differently but we all have to follow them if not we can get kicked off the team.

You're welcome to enforce the rules and to abide by them.  However, certain Game Masters have made it obvious that they do not understand the rules, and they are unwilling to be corrected.

Actually, now that you mention it, I fail to see how asking a GM to move you a few feet to the left could possibly be exploited in any way other than to get into somewhere they shouldn't, and even then I don't see how that gives them any sort of advantage, considering they'd still be stuck.

"A few feet to the left" usually means "Get me out of this damned rock!" etc.
Immaturity is FTW.