Author Topic: The Winch -- What are they thinking?  (Read 20400 times)

Gherph

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: The Winch -- What are they thinking?
« Reply #195 on: March 25, 2007, 08:44:57 pm »
I was able to get my discarded quest in Winch. Though I am still not able to get Raithen to respond.

Piker

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 26, 2007, 04:29:11 am »
I was so happy  :) when i saw this updated thread, straight away raced to Easamau, asked him the all important question, and.... nothing  :(

I've given it a try a few tries in the last 2 days and still nothing, i discarded the quest about 6-8 weeks ago probably, is it time-locked for longer than this?

Thanks.

Gharan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2007, 11:18:47 am »
I've given it a try a few tries in the last 2 days and still nothing, i discarded the quest about 6-8 weeks ago probably, is it time-locked for longer than this?

As far as I know it's been different for everyone who discarded quests, some seem to get the quests back quick while others fail to get them at all. Best thing you can do is just keep trying.

bilbous

« Reply #198 on: March 26, 2007, 11:35:03 am »
I think you pretty much have to get lucky and ask when he hasn't been asked recently.

backeroo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 26, 2007, 03:08:26 pm »
Ok, so, this is just from my point of View. Let me first say, that i'm one of those Guys, still not able to access "the Winch".

The idea to earn access to an Area by solving Quests, is brilliant. I like it. Really. That there needs to be more then one Quest for this, absolutely logical to me. That these Quest have to be not too easy, absolutely.

So i've read many Post here, saying "Where is the Problem? Did some Quest, get the final one, voila, the Winch" .
For me, it didn't work out like this. I'm stuck in some Quests because i'm not able to figure out the right Answer/Question for the NPC.
So, maybe a) i found those Quest which are really still not working as desired, or b) as english is not my first Language, i maybe made some stupid mistakes in spelling/Grammar ( whatever i tried ) or c) i'm too stupid ( flame here ).

After i ask for some help ingame, and just found some people stuck in these Quest as well, so i hope it's maybe a).
One example why this is may the case ( changed a little bit to avoid spoilers ) : The quest for the littel blue rubber duck, XY has lost on the Beach.
Found the right Guy (mabye the Beach attendant) and asked : Have you seen the little blue rubber duck, XY has lost on the Beach? (and about 34 other combinations) No success.. After a lot of trial and error and asking around, i found someone who gave me the hint that it has to be : Have you seen the little lost rubber duck? ...and Bingo!
So, please understand that this left me confused......

I understand that this is maybe the result of the current NPC System, and that reengineer this System is maybe point 1232 of 321233 on the to-do-list,
so i don't want to blame anyone for this.

I just want to ask for a little bit more understanding for people who also may have picked some of the less obvious Quests ( where the riddle is more like a number-guess-game with numbers between 1 and 10000 ).

To finally get more constructive, here's the Question : I'm stuck in five of those Quest, whatever i tried, heard that it's not safe to discard Quest as it may screw you up completely,but it's better not to have too many open Quests. So, is there a hint, that wouldn't spoil to much, but may can point me ( and companions in misfortune ) in the right Direction?
Like : Don't discard Quest from the XY-People, but ask maybe here-or-there for help, but you can safely discard a Quest you may got here-and there or ask maybe at-another-place about these.

regards

backeroo

\"Everything you can imagine is real.\"
Pablo Picasso

Edicho

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 26, 2007, 10:10:15 pm »
Hey, please have some patience. Few people i know had some problems getting the discarded quests in bd. However, they eventually got them. [few had to wait some time long hours, more than 24h, too]. If you can't get certain quest now, please go take the other one and have fun with it. Believe me you will get into the winch in proper time. (and no, i don't mean soon(tm) ). there are new quests all around Yliakum and you can solve them while you are waiting for the winch ones. just be patient, go to bd often, ask npc for quests. I hope we all meet in Winch in the next few days. Do not give up or complain now just because npc don't want to give the quests NOW. I wish you all luck!

Gherph

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 27, 2007, 01:24:40 am »
Very well said Edicho. I am one of those people, and Xillix's advice should be followed to the T. Finish all your pending quests and keep trying the other ones, take care.

Volund

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 28, 2007, 12:23:14 am »
Uhm. Can I hack the door to the wench from hydlaa? Literally. Its right there. Who gives about their goverment. Ill send a entourage of noobs to kiss ass  to let me in though. Will that work? Vengeance? I have a whole slew of noobs if you want them, just for you. All I need is full level up on volund, and 10 million would be nicely rounded up.
We all know ylians have the package, the looks, the brain, pretty much all of it, I feel guilty.

bloodedIrishman's alter-ego while stunned by the banhammer.

lordraleigh

« Reply #203 on: March 28, 2007, 09:34:20 pm »
Uhm. Can I hack the door to the wench from hydlaa? Literally. Its right there. Who gives about their goverment. Ill send a entourage of noobs to kiss ass  to let me in though. Will that work? Vengeance? I have a whole slew of noobs if you want them, just for you. All I need is full level up on volund, and 10 million would be nicely rounded up.

Nope, everything is:

- Deliver a from x to y character and return b to x
- Go from x to y
- Do a, b, c then d
- Move from c to d using process z

Linearity above everything else.

But that idea is a bit of godmodding, isn't it?

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 28, 2007, 11:42:36 pm »
lordraleigh, for one, whatever you think linearity is the last thing on our mind.

http://laanx.fragnetics.com/nexus/newapplicant.php

You seem to have some extensive problems with how the current settings team handles things.

To me this is based on a lack of understanding of realistic time constraints or needed man hours. Prove me wrong apply succeed and change the face of PS.

You will go through exactly the paces every other candidate does.

If you cannot see the openess and welcome herein expressed, please do not grief us. 

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 29, 2007, 01:47:04 am »
Some people make a hobby of creating something - others spend all their time constantly "criticizing" whatever aspects they're currently fixated on ;)

It all comes down to my most favorite smiley in the world:

Ah. The clean stink of repetition.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

pedenel

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 29, 2007, 07:34:43 am »
ROFL ... OK, time to take a deep breath, step away from the computer and go outside and enjoy the sunshine

drah

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 29, 2007, 09:32:05 am »
others spend all their time constantly "criticizing" whatever aspects they're currently fixated on ;)

You could say that "fixated on" is now being used as a euphemism for annoyed-at-being-flawed???  But I know what you're getting at really Karyuu... some people react really quickly and expect everything to work immediately and there certainly are some who are at least "fixated on" getting into the winch... I guess I'm one of them!!

Anyhoo... I've still got a Kran that's not very forthcoming with what he used to be... but even that doesn't matter... thing is, the dev team know about this now... and have made a few tweaks to get things fixed and stop pivotal quests from being discarded too.

I'm still gutted that I seem to be locked out of some quests, but I'm glad others have found more fortune... and, although I'm still feeling as far from winch as I was a week ago... I know the efforts so far certainly have helped quite a few other players finally get into the winch.

I'll keep trying... and... although I'm still a little stuck with things.. I just wanted to say...

thanks guys.. (settings-team and devs)... for trying to get this fixed for us all.  :)

Ice_Stovo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 09, 2007, 06:50:51 am »
I have an idea: Players shoud be able to access the winch when they are in group with players who have winch access.
Figis Bruzzo

drah

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 13, 2007, 04:48:56 pm »
How about having an NPC that can be bribed for a large amount to give access to the Winch.  You could set the amount at a million tria (or more!?) which would mean players would still have to work hard... and at least already be wealthy - to get in.

It'd also give a chance to those who are still locked out of the Winch due to bugs, etc.