Author Topic: The Winch -- What are they thinking?  (Read 20370 times)

wither

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: The Winch -- What are they thinking?
« Reply #240 on: April 18, 2007, 02:34:10 pm »
Odds are fairly good that if you cannot post a pm here you have also not done everything needed for the winch. I will of course aid anyone regardless.

I don't think this is a very fair assumption to make.  I, for example, have not made 10 posts, thus cannot send a pm, yet I am in the winch.  Just because I don't particularly like forums, and prefer irc for my questions, doesn't mean i dont try, and dont get involved in the community.  Quite frankly, this is an absolutely ridiculous thing to say.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 02:35:44 pm by wither »

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 18, 2007, 03:03:52 pm »
I do not think so at all, if you examine what i said. "Odds are" <--this would indicate "in most cases"

So you are an exception, good show.

I would prefer to do it here because it creates a record and i can do it at my leisure, I have already personally taken the time to aid dozens in this manner. So anyone still having a problem can help me help them in the manner i prescribe and I will not feel bad for having asked them to do so. I am emmanently reachable so anyone having trouble reaching me is not really lifting a finger  :whistling:

McBane

« Reply #242 on: April 18, 2007, 03:06:54 pm »
If you cannot send a pm I suggest you become more engaged in forum discussions and learn more about the game before trying to contact me. I feel a greater need to aid the people who have done much in their efforts to get in to those who have done little. Odds are fairly good that if you cannot post a pm here you have also not done everything needed for the winch. I will of course aid anyone regardless.

I'm playing since about 8 months and don't really like forums, but yeah, maybe i should spam a bit to get the 10 posts i need :whistling:

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 18, 2007, 03:44:16 pm »
there are many people with 80 quests who do not have the correct ones :D so keep working at it

neko kyouran

« Reply #244 on: April 18, 2007, 07:04:09 pm »
Xillix, I can't get into the winch.  My main trouble is, I don't have that .18 client.  Second probem is, I think I've done only 1 or 2 quests total, lifetime.

Please fix this for me?

;)

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #245 on: April 18, 2007, 07:07:26 pm »
* Caarrie hands neko a download link and a lot of free time

wither

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 18, 2007, 08:08:13 pm »

I would prefer to do it here because it creates a record and i can do it at my leisure, I have already personally taken the time to aid dozens in this manner. So anyone still having a problem can help me help them in the manner i prescribe and I will not feel bad for having asked them to do so. I am emmanently reachable so anyone having trouble reaching me is not really lifting a finger  :whistling:

I wasn't questioning your method, I'm sure everyone appreciates all you are doing to sort the problem, including myself, though i didn't need that help, there are others i know that do.  I would never suggest that you, or any of the devs aren't doing a good job, I appreciate the fact that you all do it in your spare time, and i think that is to be commended, so i would never, ever, knock anything that you do, or the reasons you do it.  I may offer a suggestion if i think something isnt quite right, but im getting off the point.

I was only saying, that it wasnt a good comparison to make, if someone had 2 posts in forums, it would mean they havent tried hard enough in game or something along those lines.  I know some in game, that love to rp, and do so most of the time, but i rarely see posts on here from them, meaning, they are involved in the community, but obviously dont like forums.  Lets face it, its not everyones cup of tea.  I read the forums quite often, but i dont like to have a conversation on here, i prefer the live chat, like irc, for out of game chats. 

So to summarise, please dont think that i was having a go at you for your method, i most certainly was not.  I was only having a go at you for your outlook on people with low post numbers on this forum, and stand by that.  But hell, if i need to post more, heres another, lol.

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 18, 2007, 09:32:26 pm »
only seven more for you :D

no worries, i was not a forum person either. I think it is kind of crucial to our game to be involved in the forums too as a tester. IMO

\\o//

please everyone keep the info flowing
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 08:17:10 am by Xillix Queen of Fools »

odisseo

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • http://www.principeodisseo.blogspot.com/
« Reply #248 on: April 20, 2007, 11:26:44 am »
AFTER much toil access to the winch was granted to me. I have the Sealed letter for Winch Vigesimi, but this does not come with a quest and Datal Allavium does not respond to my queries. What do I do? HELP!

Odisseo

Jeraphon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 20, 2007, 11:36:35 am »
Hang on to the letter and give it a bit of time. You're doing everything correctly.

Durwyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin
« Reply #250 on: April 22, 2007, 07:47:42 am »
"after 5 weeks of trying to get the quests needed, Durwyn is still at the doors of the winch" ->

im a freak player as would tell my friends, and the most annoying thing that can make angry a player is that he cant do what he will! right no?

here is my problem and a question : 1) cant get the quest from Hiacheius - Chrosor and Tarmeen. is it possible that players is doing these quests during 5 weeks? :S 
                                                   2) when the devs implented the fixed quests, i was thinking about something..must i..do the quests..again?! and so i try to ask the quests already done and the worst!!!! is that i succeeded to have them back :/ how that happen that i can have the completed quests again and not the one i need? im not sure i will access the winch by this way. i give up it exactly.

So if my questions can be helpful for others to dont be in my sad case it will be my best wish ^^
Durwyn
http://arjrcouvin.jimdo.com/
Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #251 on: April 22, 2007, 08:46:22 am »
Durwyn what about pming this info to xillix do you not understand?

Durwyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin
« Reply #252 on: April 22, 2007, 09:05:42 am »
Durwyn what about pming this info to xillix do you not understand?

after those months passed together ingame, i think you can have an appropriate answer ^^ lol well i will do that, thank you.
http://arjrcouvin.jimdo.com/
Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin

loux

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 23, 2007, 07:57:06 am »
Hello, i'm not english so forgive me for my bad english,
i have ask a lot of player who get access to the winch and they answer me that i need to make some quests to get it,
now i think i did all of them,
i just want to know how to be sure ? i'm running the Bronze Door like a phantom now trying to get some an existence quest to have access to the winch,
i feel just like alone in the dark
maybe someone will hear me ?
loux

Idoru

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 23, 2007, 08:42:15 am »
I think there may be a quest you are missing, or at least I am told that there is one that is harder to find. One that doesnt start in the BD area.

"May there only be peaceful and cheerful Earth Days to come for our beautiful Spaceship Earth as it continues to spin and circle in frigid space with its warm and fragile cargo of animate life."