Author Topic: Crafters Meeting  (Read 523 times)

Fozzharn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Crafters Meeting
« on: February 15, 2007, 04:24:31 am »
Not sure if this the right board ...

I heard about an in-Game crafters meeting that has been hold last night, discussing prices, gold/iron relation and so on.

If this is going to be repeated could someone please announce it somewhere on the forums to give others also the chance to take part !?

Thank you

edit:

and maybe there should be a Dev or a GM or even Talad be present at those important meetings ?
Would that be possible to arrange ?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 06:51:43 am by Fozzharn »

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Crafters Meeting
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 12:59:06 pm »
Sounds like a complete player-initiative. Devs/GMs have no need to step in unless we're specifically meant to, and it's much easier to share information with us via the forums or IRC. (There's no way you're going to see Talad in an in-game meeting - he barely has time for our own sometimes!)
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Fozzharn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 01:56:54 pm »
It was just a thought Karyuu,

because it doesn't look like the economy/crafting balance will come without help of the Dev/GM - Team.

but thank you

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 02:01:04 pm »
Well, unless there's a major crisis where everything is falling to pieces, balancing is left for another day :} I'm pointing out that it's easier to get our attention on the forums than through in-game meetings. So if it's in-game, it's a meeting by the players for the players.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 02:17:12 pm »
Though that's not to say we might not be there, silently watching... :P
But Karyuu's right: in general, if the players organize something, we leave it to them to deal with it. We won't step in unless there's a serious problem of some sort.
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator
In-Game Roleplay Forum Moderator
Please search and skim existing threads before posting!

Fozzharn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 02:21:12 pm »
Okay, I know that.

But that's exactly the problem I think, we don't to be watched then we might need help and decisions to be made that are out of reach to be made by players.

Lomerandin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 06:00:37 am »
What what? Crafters meeting to arrange prices?

Argh! The merchants are back and are plotting to overcome the fair city of Yliakum! Run for your lives before they start their may-I-interest-you-in-our-wares approach. :o

Hum... Sorry, just my little hystery moment.

So, what is the state of the stock exchange?
Currently playing as Lornindol the Wayfarer and Wildan Alozza

For you French speakers  : Chroniques des Jours Anciens - Naturalistes, pas naturistes

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 06:09:10 am »
It cannot be official. The Imperial Trades weren't even there.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Lomerandin

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 06:14:50 am »
Right, trigger-happy as I am, I missed entirely this post.

Interesting point that was brought up, somewhat,  in-game yesterday by some who wished to discuss setting a standardized price for the sale of steel and weapons. It seems, though, some of the "younger, hungrier" citizens of Yliakum are reluctant to entertain such ideas, because, as they stated very passionately in-game, "collusion is illegal in my country." So, it seems that so long as there are those who want nothing to do with anything that smacks of a cartel, no-matter their reason, the idea is unlikely to work.
Currently playing as Lornindol the Wayfarer and Wildan Alozza

For you French speakers  : Chroniques des Jours Anciens - Naturalistes, pas naturistes