Author Topic: Gentoo ebuilds  (Read 42984 times)

Prudence

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: Gentoo ebuilds
« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2008, 01:01:41 pm »
By saying remove your ebuilds you mean the old ones huh? Cause if I remove them entirely emerge would be impossible.
Anyway, If you mean the old ones I already removed them before installing the new ones.

Prudence

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 24, 2008, 04:12:35 pm »
Actually, never mind. I installed it by the binary file :)
Thanks a lot though!

klur

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2008, 10:12:31 am »
out of curiosity, who maintains the ebuilds for planeshift on zugaina overlay, because the latest ebuild dont seem to work for me( 0.4.00-r2 ) . the previous release did.
This release the updater would fail on segmentation fault  and the client would not connect to the server, yet i could ping the server, and the server.xml file was fine so i guess i could not connect due to not being up to date enough. though your ebuilds that are linked to here work as expected ( 0.4.01-r1940 ), updater works and no problem connecting to the server.

Code: [Select]
running on amd64 gentoo(multi-libs),  X.Org X Server 1.4.2,  Xorg-x11 7.3,   mesa 7.0.3 and nvidia-drivers 177.13   

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #138 on: July 27, 2008, 11:05:11 am »
.4.00 client will _not_ connect to the current server.

loux

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 27, 2008, 01:12:09 pm »
hi there,
Caarrie is right,
i'm the maintener of the ebuilds but zugaina don't update them often, so you should better download them as the topic told in one of the solutions,
i hope zugaina'll update them soon,
see you

klur

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 27, 2008, 08:59:00 pm »
.4.00 client will _not_ connect to the current server.

as i said in my previous post i guessed it would not connect due to it not been updated, but seeing as the updater pulled 0.4.01 from the server prior to the segfault, i thought there may have been a problem with that ebuild and a quick fix to the cause of the segfault.

hi there,
Caarrie is right,
i'm the maintener of the ebuilds but zugaina don't update them often, so you should better download them as the topic told in one of the solutions,
i hope zugaina'll update them soon,
see you

ah thanks for the reply, as i said in my previous post im using the ebuilds linked to this thread with no problem, was just curious about the zugaina overlay since layman works better with portage 2.2_rc3  rather than having PORTDIR_OVERLAY in make.conf which does not play well together at the moment, i will have a look on the bugzilla page see if its reported / needs reporting etc..but anyway as i said, im using the ebuilds linked to this thread with no problems, the previous post was just out of curiosity.

take care.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 09:01:24 pm by klur »

loux

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2008, 01:39:23 pm »
hi klur,
i don't know if i understand you well but you can not use the updater build from the ebuild to download the new client
for the overlay, i've poked zugaina to update them,
see you
loux

Lachesis

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 30, 2008, 07:12:26 am »
* There is no reason to overwrite /etc/env.d/90crystalspace by dev-games/cel. Please create /etc/env.d/90cel instead.
* CEL also misses a #define CS_CONST_METHOD (leaving it empty should do), causing the compile to fail. I guess CS removed it and this is a leftover occurance in CEL. Maybe use a patch until it's fixed upstream or bump the ebuild if it already is.

loux

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 30, 2008, 11:18:34 am »
hi Lachesis,
cel is not need any more for planeshift client and i don't change the CS/CEL/PS code, i'm just a snapshoter and ebuilder :)
for /etc/env.d what's the trouble with /etc/env.d/90crystalspace (cel is part of crystalspace project),
see you

Lachesis

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 30, 2008, 01:57:34 pm »
about changing code: you can apply patches in ebuilds. Many ebuilds make use of that feature.
about env.d: the same file must NEVER be installed by different ebuilds, regardless how closely related they are. Ensuring this is actually one of the main purposes of a package manager like portage. That's also the reason why we have /etc/env.d: every ebuild can install its own file there.
about building CEL: I'm considering tracking some bugs, so I need to be able to compile the server as well.

loux

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2008, 02:46:16 pm »
hi Lachesis,

for cel and env.d, like you said i've change the ebuild to go to /etc/env.d/91cel as you want, for the ebuild and patch, i'll not create a patch for it, you can :
1 - send me a patch, i'll try to include it in the ebuild,
2 - send to the CEL developpers the patch for the next release,
see you

PS : i'm on #planeshift-build and #planeshift-gentoo once a week or more

loux

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 30, 2008, 02:51:43 pm »
hi there,

hello ebuilds :

2008-07-30 release planeshift-0.4.01-r1970 (to get art use psupdater.sh CheckIntegrity)
2008-07-30 release crystalspace-ps-1.4-r30564

see you

PS : last cel-ps will create /etc/env.d/91cel

Lachesis

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 30, 2008, 05:25:52 pm »
Here's the patch for CEL. CS simply removed the CS_CONST_METHOD define in 1.4, so it's safe to do this in CEL

Code: [Select]
--- plugins/tools/celconsole/celconsole.h       2008-07-31 00:09:35.000000000 +0200
+++ plugins/tools/celconsole/celconsole.h       2008-07-31 00:10:31.000000000 +0200
@@ -145,12 +145,12 @@

CS_EVENTHANDLER_NAMES("cel.tools.celconsole");
     CS_EVENTHANDLER_DEFAULT_INSTANCE_CONSTRAINTS
-CS_CONST_METHOD virtual const csHandlerID * GenericPrec
+virtual const csHandlerID * GenericPrec
 (csRef<iEventHandlerRegistry> &, csRef<iEventNameRegistry> &,
  csEventID) const {
   return 0;
 }
-CS_CONST_METHOD virtual const csHandlerID * GenericSucc
+virtual const csHandlerID * GenericSucc
 (csRef<iEventHandlerRegistry> &r1, csRef<iEventNameRegistry> &r2,
  csEventID event) const {
   static csHandlerID succConstraint[2];

The ebuilds don't update $PATH and ld.so.conf ... is that intentional?

weltall

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2008, 04:59:45 am »
about building CEL: I'm considering tracking some bugs, so I need to be able to compile the server as well.

actually you shouldn't use ebuilds and use the trunk branch from svn to do this. trunk server has already right now some fixes which aren't in stable yet for example

Lachesis

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2008, 05:36:56 am »
Well that's kind of old habit, use stable libraries for bugfixing ... but CS sems to be a special case. I'll use the SVN rev as given in the IRC topic.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 06:05:43 am by Lachesis »