Author Topic: Official Planeshift Trailer - Planning Phase - completed  (Read 12118 times)

Peacer

• Veteran
  • I've got balls of steel
    • View Profile
I would like to be the nolthrir
The Guardians of Power

left the game, looking in now and then to check progress, if you want to contact me use the email attached to the msn contact on this forum account

bilbous

I see the first post has been updated with more information, What prey tell is a figurant? Is that an character of random race? I am a little confused as well about the open lines, is open 1/1 mean there is a position available and open 0/1 mean it is full or is it the other way round? I freely admit that I did not go back and check the full thread before my previous posting and see now some of what I said has been addressed.

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
I see the first post has been updated with more information, What prey tell is a figurant? Is that an character of random race? I am a little confused as well about the open lines, is open 1/1 mean there is a position available and open 0/1 mean it is full or is it the other way round? I freely admit that I did not go back and check the full thread before my previous posting and see now some of what I said has been addressed.

This is the internet, you could look it up in a dictionary like I did.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/figurant

bilbous

Ahh an "extra"
Quote from: m-w.com
c: an additional worker; specifically : one hired to act in a group scene in a motion picture or stage production.
I was right after all.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
As already mentioned: I'd like to support you with my above-average knowledge about video encoding and editing. And of course I would enjoy to take a little part (I am available as different characters).

But don't forget, people:

Recruits have to write a Personal Message.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Aznakh

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Hi everybody,

I am glad that there has been such a big response to my worries. This means that the community is doing well.  \\o// I have updated the main post for it to be clearer on what concerns the open positions. Open 1/4 means that one on four positions are open.

Now to get to some of your questions:

Perhaps if you posted a script people would be more inclined to participate. You could then have open auditions to fill the parts....maybe a little excessive but more info might help.

The script cannot be revealed because there is a story being told in it and there would now really be no point in releasing the story before the actual trailer is released.  :-X

Planeshift is supposed to have an emphasis on role playing right? So instead of this entirely OOC means of going about it make it an IC opportunity put up notices on the hydlaa plaza and the oja message boards, have auditions in the game, make a documentary on the making of the play, there is your trailer. Two trailers in one, they final production of the play and the making of the production.

None of the I got some nebulous idea, come here and be my stooge, I'll tell you what to do when we get started. I am sorry if this characterization is a little uncharitable but it seems accurate enough. Give people something to grab their interest, "Talad has decreed!" ain't gonna cut it.

For the above mentioned reason it is not possible to do so. Besides, the set up to shoot would take too much time in order to make it an ingame event and people will need to be concentrated. Also there would be too much OOC conversation going, so that it would not really create a good IC atmosphere.
e.g. "move the camera over there and turn like this in order to shoot this and this", etc.

I will this week-end put up a clearer roster, and keep people updated via e-mail and PM at least once per week of how far we are.

Once again I hope that we will be able to start shooting soon (TM)  :P

miadon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Personally I think you will be better with having one cameraman as at least then your film quality will remain consitant. Otherwise you may have film that is of varied quality and it just wouldn't flow as nicely. If you do have more than one you have to make sure they can all film with the same software and at the same quality.
- MiadonCam (Refresh page to see live in game Miadon Action!!)

bilbous

Some kind of voice client such as teamspeak would be immensely helpful, I would think. You could relay your instructions in real time but I suppose not everyone might have a headset. The times I used it had little impact on game response.

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
During or after this project, I think a series of official gameplay videos need to be created.  It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me why many magazines would be asking Talad for only a trailer, because then they'll just ask for gameplay videos next.  Such videos should demonstrate the crafting, fighting/magic, questing, etc. systems that we have present in the game, and could use a male voice as a narrative.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 12:51:43 pm by Tuxide »

Allive

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
ah good to see this still going i thought it was dead and gone im still up for the enkien role even though i applied at the very start im still up for it just to let you know
I am afraid of fighting. I am afriad of being beaten and losing. But i am more afraid of surviving as a cripple than dying in fight.However. I always try to find a new strong enamy.
(Fighter in the wind)

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Wibble myself: 17years I was gone, give or take
    • View Profile
Is there a "demorian" missing in the request list for actors?  ;) Just saying
And also, what does the 2d graph person have to do? Because I can handle grpahics a little bit ^^

Arerano

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
How could I not know of that 
I know, I am not that often on the forum.. :-[ but at least I saw it now.

Aznakh

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Hello everybody,

it is good to see that the project got back some life into it. A big  :thumbup: to everybody. I am currently travelling for professional reasons, so i am not able to be around as often as I would like to. Also my internet access will be very limited until end of next week.

Is there a "demorian" missing in the request list for actors?  ;) Just saying
And also, what does the 2d graph person have to do? Because I can handle grpahics a little bit ^^

The skin for the nolthrir and the dermorian are the same currently. So in fact it would be the same. As far as the 2D artist is concerned we allready have a person currently working on it, and it looks very promising.

During or after this project, I think a series of official gameplay videos need to be created.  It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me why many magazines would be asking Talad for only a trailer, because then they'll just ask for gameplay videos next.  Such videos should demonstrate the crafting, fighting/magic, questing, etc. systems that we have present in the game, and could use a male voice as a narrative.

Off course the trailer is just a start.  ;) We will then produce more videos as time goes by and the game evolves.

Personally I think you will be better with having one cameraman as at least then your film quality will remain consitant. Otherwise you may have film that is of varied quality and it just wouldn't flow as nicely. If you do have more than one you have to make sure they can all film with the same software and at the same quality.

it is much easier to work with multiple camera angles, this is a directorial choice, and I prefer to have several cameramen so that should one not be able to make it we have backup.

*edit*

As I look at the roster, I am happy to see that there are only 4 more people missing for us to start shooting  :sweatdrop:.

I am happy to see that the community is that well together and would like to give everybody a big  \\o// for having come this far.

Once the remaining positions are filled up I will notify everybody involved by e-mail / PM and arrange a meeting on IRC so I can lay out the further planning of the project.

Thanks a lot to everybody.  :thumbup:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 06:51:28 am by neko kyouran »

Aznakh

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Hello,

Just a small update:

- I am still travelling, however I will have from now on a more stable internet access.  :thumbup:

- I will compose this week-end the roster of all the people participating in the project since there is only 1 position to be filled in and send it to the people involved. To all the people involved please do send me an e-mail (no PM !!) giving me the following info: e-mail and name to put on the roster.

If everything goes well we should be able to start shooting in 14 days.  \\o//

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Is shooting happening?