Author Topic: re-death in death realm.  (Read 1237 times)

Volund

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
re-death in death realm.
« on: February 28, 2007, 01:24:27 am »
This has probably already been a topic, but this bug bothers me. Whenever you /die or get killed you are spawned to the Death Realm, right? Since starting a month ago when I die, for some reason I die right again when spawned in the Death Realm. I tried a couple things to ignore the problem. I ran right away when I spawned, or I walked away. Both of these did not work at all. It’s a known bug and this thread isn’t for the report bugs part of the forums. So is this bug going to be worked on?

[Alright there’s an edit.]

« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 10:51:46 am by Volund »
We all know ylians have the package, the looks, the brain, pretty much all of it, I feel guilty.

bloodedIrishman's alter-ego while stunned by the banhammer.

Nurahk

Re: re-death in death realm.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 01:34:26 am »
Complaining about bugs seems like misusing the complaints forum.
I believe that's what bugtracker is for.

I could be wrong of course.

stevenw9

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 12:11:48 pm »
If it's a known bug can't that justify complaining? Not sure if it is, more of a question really.
"Look up to the sky and see."

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 12:16:11 pm »
I die and go to DR, two seconds later I die right where I spawned, there I run a second after I get re-spawned and I die again, then I walk out and I live.

That is a very strange sentance.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 12:20:35 pm »
If it's a reported and known bug the most productive thing you can do is confirm that bug and perhaps help out by providing additional information. Just complaining about a bug ... no matter how annoying it is doesn't help anyone really :P And I know bugs can be annoying sometimes, I've had bugs that kept me from going online for days. It's always better to try and help though. The Devs work as hard as their time allows them but they have a lot of bugs to handle.
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 12:58:34 pm »
AL13N: that's kind of a big security issue
Rux: hey they work very hard to provide us with quality bugs
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

lordraleigh

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 02:21:12 pm »
This has probably already been a topic, but this bug bothers me. I die and go to DR, two seconds later I die right where I spawned, there I run a second after I get re-spawned and I die again, then I walk out and I live. I die and come back believing walk away will solve the problem but then I die. What is this?

One single spawn point for all those who die will lead into some cases(That usually only happen on FPSes - the opposite case) of...

TELEFRAG!

Just keep your character on the spawn point in DR and all those who come through it will die(In FPSes is the one who "teleports" that kills the one who stays on the "teleport point").

Plus, sometimes if you type /die in the DR there will be a funny and weird effect: you can move the dead body of your character through it(Not sure if it was fixed now though)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 01:36:23 pm by Karyuu »

emeraldfool

• Veteran
  • Irish (adj.): Cynical; morally bankrupt
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio (or at least what I've bothered to upload...)
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 12:59:30 pm »
Asking about the progress of a bug fix isn't exactly the purpose of this board either. The purpose of this board is to give whiners a place to whine in a concentrated area so that they can be more efficiently ignored :P