Author Topic: Illysia's Render Gallery  (Read 20655 times)

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Illysia's Render Gallery
« Reply #210 on: December 31, 2016, 02:20:45 am »
Tea bottle...? No, atleast what i know about tea is that you don't bottle it...ever heard of tea kettles?

I believe they only meant a convenient, portable container in which to hold your tea so it won't spill all over you if you, say, carry it 'home' with you after making it. Some people have to take a pterosaur ride, ride their mount, or even just run places, and will sometimes want to carry tea with them. And tea kettles are a bit large to be carrying around. ;D

Tea bottles, anyways. I approve. :thumbup:

You know, you shouldn't drag tea around like that, you drink it soon after brewing it.

You know, you shouldn't assume that other people act like you, they can drink their tea when they like. :P

Back to the topic, perhaps something like a thermos to carry your tea in? So it stays warm/fresh and you can enjoy it during your long journey. :D
Buy some goods, sell some bads, at the Weekly Hydlaa Market!

You might know me as Fesara Fuhay: Herbalist, Scribe, and Aspiring Healer ;)

Sirial

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 31, 2016, 04:32:05 am »
Off Topic: I think it might be good to rework the teas so instead of being already in their final form they are more like RL, dry herbs mixes inside bokes that can be used to prepare the final product by adding them to hot water mugs. (Thank you Aeghiss for this!)

Back in Topic: the cup looks nice, now is time to add pottery to the game to be able to craft it :) Will you add some decorations on the cup surface or you will leave it blank?
Aniroho Aimirrel (Researcher in Knowledge Seekers)
Terelen Honoro (Captain of the Iron Claw)

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 05, 2017, 06:31:39 pm »
Tea bottle...? No, atleast what i know about tea is that you don't bottle it...ever heard of tea kettles?

I believe they only meant a convenient, portable container in which to hold your tea so it won't spill all over you if you, say, carry it 'home' with you after making it. Some people have to take a pterosaur ride, ride their mount, or even just run places, and will sometimes want to carry tea with them. And tea kettles are a bit large to be carrying around. ;D

Tea bottles, anyways. I approve. :thumbup:

You know, you shouldn't drag tea around like that, you drink it soon after brewing it.

You know, you shouldn't assume that other people act like you, they can drink their tea when they like. :P

Back to the topic, perhaps something like a thermos to carry your tea in? So it stays warm/fresh and you can enjoy it during your long journey. :D
Teas in the game are handled like potions: ready made remedies to boost some stats on the go. They require a container that is sturdy, easy to store and easy to use. Teapots are for the teatable! That said a teapot wouldn't be bad either, just not for carrying around in a warrior's backpack. A thermos on the other hand would probably be too technologically advanced for Yliakum's standards.

Sirial

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 05, 2017, 06:41:49 pm »
A thermos on the other hand would probably be too technologically advanced for Yliakum's standards.

Hmm there is a sort of computer in the winch...
Aniroho Aimirrel (Researcher in Knowledge Seekers)
Terelen Honoro (Captain of the Iron Claw)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 05, 2017, 06:59:31 pm »
Don't forget magic. Esanor bought a self-cooling mug, powered by an integrated glyph shard, and he is a very satisfied customer. ;)

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 05, 2017, 07:30:17 pm »
*Tidebringer imagines the conversation...

"Greetings!"
"Greetings," and pulls out a thermos, opening it and sniffing the still-hot contents.
"What have you there?"
"Oh, this? Tea."
"No, no. But it's warm, and still, so far from any city?"
"Why, yes. It's the Red Way enchantment, you know? See these lovely diamonds?"
"Indeed..." then frowns.
"Why the frown?"
"Only, that I am a bit unsure of the wisdom of carrying such an item about, would the Red Way not be hazardous to yourself?"
"Oh, no, not at all! It was done by one of the most skilled..." [etc, etc, etc.]

Well, you get the point. How's it work? MAGIC! \\o//
Why does it exist? Because it was needed, clearly. Why were two people talking like that "so far from any city"? Well... because it's how I wrote it. ;D

*Tidebringer, so off-topic, contemplates the quality of her imagined conversation...
Buy some goods, sell some bads, at the Weekly Hydlaa Market!

You might know me as Fesara Fuhay: Herbalist, Scribe, and Aspiring Healer ;)