Author Topic: Legion of 100 Unsatisfied "Testers" and RPers will leave PS Today  (Read 1934 times)

shorty13

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Skiing > All
    • View Profile
Re: Legion of 100 Unsatisfied "Testers" and RPers will leave PS Today
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2007, 03:43:28 pm »
4:52 PM APRIL FOOL'S DAY here mates.
There are two types of people in this world: The Pinky and the Brain.
Which one are you?

mufler

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Rails
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 04:47:56 pm »
happy april fools!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 07:03:49 pm by mufler »

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2007, 05:56:55 pm »
Very nice, ..., almost got me if I hadn't been made an April's fool already, today.
MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

lordraleigh

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2007, 03:58:18 am »
I've tried other MMORPGs, this is a brief description of one of them(I won't put the name here, your guess):

Day 1:

Just downloaded the stuff, better graphics! Balanced combat system where lag makes little difference!

But then suddenly, on the chat auction tab

1337 +8 5w0rd 150k!

I just ignored it firstly, and as all on the game began on some "n00b area" with NPCs giving tutorials and such, the multiple choice rather than "guess words" system for NPC talk really is much better, but I felt constricted as I couldn't put a word on how my character would say the choice. Character? Wait! I don't remember having any choice besides on the looks department. No background history, nothing at all except for defining your character appearance! Again I ignored it, then I went for a quest. What? Loot 15 mobs and deliver their remains to NPC? Great! I continued as my character quickly reached lvl 5, I thought I was sleeping as my character was grinding and levelling up, I almost slept of boredom anyway.
That is all that happened, on a brief note.

Day 2:

Finally got out of the "n00b area", everything I see around are people running, talking OOC with constant use of esoteric acronyms and leetspeak and powerlevelling, and HOLY! Characters with names written in "1337speak" like "c00ld00d" and with swear swords as names. "I hope there are better quests now, as the community really sucks on RPing", that was what I thought as I searched around for NPCs, and by the way, they really are superficial, it seems what NPCs say was done by using CTRL+C and CTRL+V . Oh! Just more "Kill x mobs of the y type" or "Loot x a(item) from mob b" or in the best case "Deliver a from NPC b to NPC c". Add to the insult, a PKer got me as I was leaving the "city" where characters go, but it seems at least that PKers aren't tolerated, and someone killed the PKer that suffered lots of penalties(or perhaps a GM kicked him). Now what about guilds? Well, I wouldn't be surprised to see one called "1337Cr3w". I was full of it, then uninstalled the crap to never more see "leetspeak" and the related junk cause I'm a "RP Taleban" and would probably send a bomberman to blow the PKers out! BOOOOM!
* lordraleigh sends an army of RP Talebans against the leets

In conclusion: Planeshift is still  :beta: , but is virtually the only MMORPG that has roleplayers around and some actual "Roleplay" on it. On the other side, there are much more developed games, but they are plagued by hordes of "leets" and PKers, and are all the same "Kill Mob, level up" formula, that hopefully won't be used by PS in the future, that perhaps will innovate on the way character development of skills works.

I got it too late as now it's already 04/02 :P

Happy April Fools Day!

PS: Hope AO Notum Wars will have more on gameplay to offset potential "leetness" of its community, or perhaps should I save time and bandwith for, Planeshift?

Proglin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2007, 04:43:28 am »
Gawd... this thread made me cry in 8 ways.
yours, the entertainer

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2007, 02:17:33 pm »
Sure am glad i did not take the bait and flame you ;)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 09:51:24 pm by Xillix Queen of Fools »

Nurahk

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2007, 03:57:00 pm »
Got my hopes up and everything :P

Nice to see you are staying, I only read this after the Talad thread so, you didn't stand a chance of fooling me :P

Stargeezer

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2007, 11:57:24 am »
Well, I'm new to the game, so everything confuses me, anyway, and I know it is against policy to put spoilers in the forums, but how can you leave a game FOREVER and still come back "when it gets better"? 

On the other hand, no exit survey is worth squat if it doesn't reveal anything about WHY the exit took place, so the post is kinda like farting in the wind. Doesn't take long for the effect to go away.

Fortunately I am new, so I can go around exploring the world getting lost and killing myself to get back home to start over, killing stuff, mining stuff, selling stuff, dying just to find out how strong a mob is, and getting pp's and trias to train in the few things I can do for quite a while before I weary of it all and wander off, too. Sure, I"ll pick up a quest here and there, and maybe even complete one or two, mostly by accident.  I'm not gonna spend all day trying out hundreds of phrases in hopes of asking just the right question with every NPC I happen upon.

And it seems to me it wouldn't be that hard for the NPC's in charge of training to give you a little help understanding what you are doing -- maybe provide a little text, or a sheet of paper.  I spent 30 years with a company that believed in keeping its people trained, and I never went to any training without leaving with an understanding what was needed to do the job.  Since I'm not the first one to make these observations, being a "tester" doesn't seem to have much meaning when the feedback doesn't result in changes.

For instance, I managed to get a quest in Kitty City that requires me to get some steel stock.  Well, assuming steel stock in PS is the same as RL, I need some iron and other component(s).  So I trained in mining and blacksmithing, but haven't found any iron (or even where to dig), have no idea what other component(s) are necessary, and wouldn't have any idea how to use them if I did. 

But I finally made it over to that other city (this world doesn't bother posting signs to tell you where you are or where you are going) and wandered out a gate (oops, is it a spoiler to say you leave town to mine?) where I found I could mine gold , so I'm getting a little money together in some why other than killing the same 2 or 3 rats over and over again. 

Perhaps I'll happen upon some iron and maybe some other components that sound like they make steel.  Then maybe I'll happen stumble and drop them somewhere and suddenly have steel.  Doesn't matter, really. I'm still having fun, and occasionally get some aid from fellow travellers.  But I'm not interested in asking in /shout and not even getting a response, let alone an answer. 

So, anyway.  I can understand even after only a few days why those who have been doing this for a lot longer would get frustrated and leave.  But my point is that how can you "teach anyone a lesson" by leaving and not saying why?

Oh, I get it. 

They are using the in-game "training" methods.

Maybe if the developers ask around and waste hours and hours trying to use just the right words... 

But for now.  I will just go a-wandering.

Stargeezer.

Or perhaps it is an April Fool's thing and they got me.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2007, 01:20:49 pm »
April Fool's, folks :) Don't get upset over it.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Efflixi Aduro

• Veteran
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2007, 02:17:11 am »
I honestly dont see ps turning into some huge game. I think the community will stay around the size it currently is maybe a bit bigger when sb finally decides to come out.
But hey, i'm still here arnt i.  :)
Lol Internet

Nurahk

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2007, 03:30:05 am »
That's what I was saying after CB came out.

Needless to say it went from "Oh my god, there are 50 players online!"
To "Oh my god, there are only 50 players online!"
Quite quickly ;)

mufler

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Rails
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2007, 05:52:55 am »
ide  profer it to never come out. if it did the game will be full of L337s :)

lordraleigh

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2007, 06:15:10 am »
ide  profer it to never come out. if it did the game will be full of L337s :)

That would be easy to solve if they start bothering too much roleplayers and spamming with duel requests to "pwnz n00bz":

/kick them

or if necessary

/ban them

And "Great, there are 100 roleplayers online" is much better "Great, there are 1000 Leets online"

Earl_Listbard

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2007, 11:15:45 am »
wait, lorddalregggeie(sp?) is staying but wiped his account? Talk about going to extreams to pull an april fools joke. :s

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2007, 04:56:26 pm »
tis isnt good.

What you can failure tommorow, failure today.

Better click for shiny stylez Help me with images!